View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 11:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
Granger Danger

DERP & DMC
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cassidy Raine
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryson Blacknight
Hufflepuff
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Zunther

Ministry RPG Name:
Serena Morningstar
Default TL before food and drink rules
Loveable Gryffinpuff| Stella Bella

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post

Out of the corner of his eye, Gaston saw Stella eyeing the chocolates, and he managed a small smile as she took a couple and thanked him. "You're very welcome, Stella," he said. "I'm glad you like them" He couldn't help but chuckle a little at her nickname for Scrimgeour. "That's a good name for him!" A lot nicer than the nicknames he came up with. "I have a feeling that if I stock up, he'll just take my chocolate anyway and it'll all go to waste," he added darkly. His expression softened, becoming sad and sympathetic as he looked at Stella. The poor girl was still shaking like a leaf, and he hated himself for momentarily letting his anger get the better of him. He hoped she would calm down soon; it broke his heart to see her so nervous around him! "That won't happen," he assured her, placing a comforting hand on the arm of her chair. "I can't speak for the other professors, but I will never be like Headmaster Scrimgeour!" He would rather die than become a heartless monster! "i might have to put on an act while he's around so he doesn't fire me, but that's just pretend. It's not who I really am..." She knew that, right?

Gaston rubbed his chin, silently pondering Stella's question for a few moments. "Some people..." he began, his mind searching for the right words. How could he explain it without confusing or scaring her? "...don't grow up with loving families or friends to show them what kindness is. Without anyone to show them how, they just... never learn, so they become cold and hard inside and they treat people cruelly because it's all they know." Was that what happened to Scrimgeour? He had no idea, though it wouldn't surprise him at all at this point. In a weird way, he somewhat pitied the man, but that pity would never be strong enough to excuse his actions. He couldn't hold back a laugh at the girl's next words. "Exactly!" he said, nodding. "Whatever happened to Headmaster Scrimgeour in the past, it doesn't make it right to treat people this way."

He smiled. "That's alright; you have plenty of time to learn what you're capable of," he said. It took him a long time to figure that out for himself, and there were times that he still surprised himself. Just as quickly as his expression brightened, it fell again as Stella complained about the confusing rules. "I know. It's ... a lot to handle," he said. "Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Headmaster Scrimgeour and his friends designed their rules to be as confusing as possible so they can hand out more punishments..." The thought made him sick to his stomach, but he wouldn't put it past them. They liked throwing their power around a little too much... Gaston watched Stella with concerned eyes as she shook her head. "Okay... maybe there's something else we could do," he said. I don't like the idea of letting you get sick doing S.O.R.E. What kind of Head of House would I be if I did that?" He thought for a moment; then an idea came to him. "What if I arranged to have a potion brought to your dorm for you? You'd have to go there anyway to change into your uniform before breakfast, so you could take it then. You wouldn't have to go to the hospital wing, and Headmaster Scrimgeour would never need to know."

He smiled a little as Stella mentioned her brother. "That's true," he said. Easier said than done, but still true. "Your brother sounds like a very smart young man." The chocolate appeared to be helping Stella calm down now, which Gaston was very relieved to see. He didn't like seeing his students upset and crying! He returned her smile with an equally weak one of his own as the thought of having to leave Hogwarts crossed his mind. "I can't promise Headmaster Scrimgeour won't fire me. I can't promise I'll be back next term if he's still here, but I'll always be there for you one way or another," he said, sighing sadly. "If I'm not here at Hogwarts, I'm just an owl away."

Gaston's eyes lit up as the subject turned to Beauxbatons. "Really," he said, nodding. "One of the professors there is a personal friend of mine. We... have a lot of history together." Well, that was one way to put it! His voice trailed off as his thoughts wandered to Professor Evremonde, the man who saved his life in more ways than one. "I worked with him for several year before I came here, and he was my Head of House when I was a student. One letter to him, and you'd be in!" Memories of his time there came rushing back, and he found himself rambling. "It's a beautiful school! The building used to be a palace, and there's a fountain and lots of gardens on the grounds. They have houses and a sorting ceremony, but other than that, it's not much like Hogwarts..." Well, definitely not like Hogwarts now! "Most of the professors there are very nice - not like Headmaster Scrimgeour and his friends. Well, there used to be an Astronomy teacher with a reputation for brutal punishments, but he was dismissed years ago." Was he talking too much? Probably. Gaston was quiet now to give Stella time to process the information he'd given her about Beauxbatons. The silence was broken as Phantom meowed suddenly, as if replying to the girl's thanks. "She is," he agreed, watching the pair with a small smile. "She's had lots of experience comforting people." He looked at the cat and added, "Right, Phantom?" The black and white Persian looked back at him with a meow.

Then... everything changed. In the fog of his all-consuming anger, Gaston didn't realize what was happening until Stella's squeal jerked him out of it. One minute he was talking to Phantom; the next, his candy dish was broken and poor Stella was shaking again. His heart sank as she confirmed what he already suspected. Now the question was how? He'd never lost control of his magic like that before... though he couldn't recall being that angry before either. Did that mean... Did he have more in common with the thing he almost became than he thought? And if so, how was he still alive? He was so distracted trying to make sense of it that to took him a moment to register Stella's question. "Y-yeah, something like that," he stammered absentmindedly. He leaned against his desk, still trembling violently... this time trembling with fear and sadness instead of anger. His eyes darted from Stella to the broken candy dish, and his heart dropped as he realized just how much worse it could've been. What if the next time he lost control of his anger, he did more than break a candy dish? Oh, good Godric Gryffindor! He could've really hurt Stella without even knowing it... and who's to say he didn't? Poor girl was probably terrified of him now! He suddenly had to bite his lip and pinch at the inner corners of his eyes to stop himself from crying. Eventually he regained enough composure to speak, "I-I don't know exactly what just happened to me, but I didn't mean to hurt or scare you. I would never do that on purpose." Would Stella believe him?
Swallowing her chocolate she lolked up at him. "These are really good, probably the best French Chocolate I had in awhile, my mum makes French Fudge Cakes those are heaven as well!" she said taking another bite. Stella giggled. "Well... it suits him doesn't it? I also call him Mr. Metal Arm as well, cause it's what he is isn't it?"[/b] she asked him tilting her head. Stella frowned and shivered at the thought of that, she didn't want to think about that! "Probably right about that, god knows what he'll band next " she said sighing. Stella looked at him and smiled weakly. "G...Good we don't need anymore like him, and you don't seem like the kind of person to be mean unless you have to." she said. She was a very observant person, she could tell that just by the time she known him. Stella nodded and frowned sadly. "I guess we both have to put up a act so we don't get into trouble huh?" she asked him curiously. "I mean you got to be the way you are when you're around him, and I got to one of his perfect toy soldiers, one mess up and your sacked and I'm in alot of trouble. " she said sighing.

Stella looked at him and nodded. " D...Do you think he never had love as well so it left him to be this way, or he was raised this way himself so this is how he became what he is?" Stella asked him tilting her head. She did wonder what what the Headmaster this way, surely he wasn't always this way was he? She didn't know, but if he was she sort of felt sorry for him. "What? It's true, he's a maniac for making us follow all these stupid rules and running every morning!" she said darkly. "Whatever it is, doesn't mean he should be cold and mean to others!" she said taking a bite of her chocolate to calm herself down.

She nodded and smiled weakly. " You're right, like I said I'm still a first year, I got plenty of time to discover what I'm capable of. " she said looking up at him. "You know I think you're right, and I wouldn't doubt that's what they have in mind. " she said darkly scoffing at the thought of it. She could understand that they wantes them to follow the rules but push ups and stuff when they don't, was what was this military school? She looked up at him sadly before she looked at him worried, she didn't want to get him or the school nurse into trouble, they were really nice. She nodded and smiled weakly. " T...That'll be nice thank you, I don't like getting sick and it's hard to hide at timesm" she said sighing.

" I..I try doing that, but sometimes it's easier said then done at times, but I have hope and I'm hanging onto that." she said smiling at him. Stella nodded. "I think he is, I look up to him he's a lion and a fifth year." she said proudly. Taking a sip of her hot chocolate she looked at the French novels her eyes scanning them. "These all look interesting, I like french novels I love books. " she said looking at the novels. Stella looked at him and nodded. " I hope you stay here for as long as you can, if you're still here when it's my seventh year that'll be great but I don't know if you will be!" she said rambling.

She needed. At this point going to another school didn't soind bad right now, anything to get away from the Headmaster and his minions. "Wow...that's amazing you know someone from another school, I hope I do the same!" she said happily. Stella listened to him,and nodded, he seem to really love that school by the way he was talking it made her smile. "Wow....sounds amazing and beautiful, Hogwarts is pretty cool though well... the school itself and some of the Professors." she said. "She's very soft and looks like a good cuddle buddy for comfort. " she said petting Phantom.

Stella looked at him shaking. "I...It's ok, i..it's not like you meant to do it right?" she asked. Looking at the now broken candy dish she bit her lip. "A..Are you ok Professor?" she asked him looking over him worried.

Last edited by Granger Danger; 11-09-2018 at 11:17 PM.