View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 01:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lissy Longbottom
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin Fletcher View Post
Oh look, she speaks.

"A "good evening" would've been preferred, Ms. Gladin." He said, his tone leaning onto the gruff side without being particularly harsh or reproachful. Had he not been here so long, it would astonish him just how poorly students were able to differentiate situations. Lessons were not the same as detentions which were not the same as random passings in the corridor. You'd think the sign that said "classroom rules" would've been enough to help them gauge the context in which some rules applied.

"Good evening." To respond to the questionable greeting she'd given. "Hello" she could save for her friends and the professors who didn't care so much.

"Let's get this over with, shall we? I'll not have you out so late that you break curfew. That being said, if you waste your time here you'll have to return tomorrow." Fair warning, something that even when given seemed to have little effect on some of these students--like the Ravenclaw that stood before him now. She'd been told not to wear jewellery. It was as fair a warning as could be given and yet......here he stood with her necklace in a box.

The man pulled and levitated three smaller boxes from the obviously extended one he'd been holding. "You made a terrible gamble wearing that necklace to my lesson when you knew you shouldn't. I don't know what you were expecting, but if you're in the business of gambling....one of these boxes has your necklace in it. Choose wrong, and it's gone forever. Go on."
Nettie felt like her eyes were going to pop out of head, that's how hard she had to stop herself from rolling her eyes. THAT was what he was going to pick a fight about? Her greeting? SIGH. She could do NOTHING right, could she? "I'm sorry...good evening, Professor," she said quietly. Despite how irritated she was, she wasn't going to let him shake her and bait her in to another detention or loss of house points.

"I understand, sir," she said with a nod. She didn't want to repeat this either. Just like Fletcher, she wanted to put in her time and do this correctly so she wouldn't have to be back and waste more of her time. Instead, she could spend more of her time trying to come up with an idea that wouldn't backfire on her dramatically.

She would never admit that she had been a naive fool, expecting to catch him in some sort of ethical trap - she would admit that to no one. Ever. As far as Fletcher was concerned, if he asked her to actually SAY what she had been thinking, she'd answer that she quite simply hadn't been.

Wait, was this all she had to do? No lines? No workouts? She had imagined all sorts of scenarios in her head, and this was definitely not one them. All she had to do was pick a box? Fletcher probably thought this was some huge punishment, when in reality - it wasn't.

"This one," she said, pointing to the left box.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid