View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 12:00 AM   #34 (permalink)
Cassirin

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokimoto View Post
Jackson began testing his luck looking up at the augurey as it began to pay more attention to the food. The bird was losing his interest in the now statue-still Prefect it seemed. Finally, the bird began eating the bugs on the floor, and Jackson began fiddling with his bugs again. They know intent, huh? Well then they should KNOW that he just wanted to pet one and give it food but apparently they were paranoid. "I wonder if they were being hesitant because they're still getting used to their new caretaker," he wondered aloud. He put an insect on the ground a bit closer to him, so the augurey could see it, and then opened his palm between him and Chloe so that the bird could come to them. The bird definitely seemed like it would be more willing to go to Chloe than him, which was alright as long as he could show Professor Petrov that he had done the assignment.

The bird began its approach and Jackson watched carefully as it started getting surprisingly closer to them. "It's a good thing you're here to help me huh?" he said in a hushed tone, grateful for her expertise in this area. He turned towards her and smiled before turning his attention back to the augurey that was now sniffing around them and their buggy hands.
"Oh, I'm sure you would have gotten there on your own," Chloe touched the top of the augurey's head with her fingertip, and when it didn't flinch away, she offered it a beetle. Delicious snackies! "That's a beautiful good girl." Not Jackson. The bird.

She paused as the professor moved the lesson along, cringing away from him even from several feet away when he pulled a feather from the back of the bird. He wanted each of these groups to pull a feather from one of these four birds? They'd pluck them bald! And probably traumatize them from ever trusting humans again. She wouldn't do it. Couldn't, in fact.

"Jackson. I can't... I won't pull a feather from her. Is there any other way to get a feather?"

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest