View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 09:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Granger Danger

DERP & DMC
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cassidy Raine
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryson Blacknight
Hufflepuff
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Zunther

Ministry RPG Name:
Serena Morningstar
Loveable Gryffinpuff| Stella Bella

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post

Out of the corner of his good eye, Gaston noticed Stella looking at the candy dish. He nodded in reply to her questions. "It is," he said with a slight smile. "My mother keeps sending me chocolate from home. She's trying to fatten me up; she says I'm too skinny..." And now she was probably right. He'd lost a lot of weight from the stress he was under. His smile grew. "Of course, have as many as you like." Hopefully the sweets would cheer her up...

His heart sank as he saw the poor girl stiffen and start shaking again, and he inwardly berated himself for causing it. He bent so that his eyes met hers. The angry fire was still there, but it had been overshadowed by sadness. "I didn't mean to scare you," he said softly. "I just... hate seeing my students in pain, physical or emotional. That hurts me worse than anything else Headmaster Scrimgeour could do..." he shook his head. "You'll never get in trouble for speaking your mind in my office. If we were in the hallway or somewhere else Headmaster Scrimgeour could be watching, that's different... he'd fire me if I didn't, and then he'd bring in another monster like him..." His expression darkened; just the thought made him shudder.

Gaston's blue eyes widened in shock at Stella's next words. "I have no idea. I've often wondered that myself..." he said. "Maybe something bad happened to him, and it hardened his heart. Or maybe he just never learned how to be kind..." His features hardened. "But whatever the reason, it doesn't excuse the way he acts." Then the little one asked another question that caught him off guard. He thought for a moment. The truth was he didn't do it. He tried to isolate himself as much as possible because interacting with those goons set his teeth on edge! He shrugged. "I don't know; I don't think any of us realize what we're capable of until we're tested," he said. "When I have to be around them, all I can do is try to remind myself that I'm doing it for my students and hope the love for my job will outweigh the fear."

He gave her a sad, sympathetic look, handing her a box of tissues as she wiped her tears. "I know," he said. "Every day, I worry that somebody is going to get hurt - and not just from S.O.R.E." There was any number of ways those idiot replacement professors could cause harm; he feared this was just the tip of the iceberg! "I'm so sorry. It's unfair that he keeps putting you through that; he should make accomodations for you and the other students with medical conditions." But he knew he probably wouldn't. He had to take several deep breaths to calm his rising anger. Running children ragged did not make them strong, and if Scrimgeour couldn't open his eyes long enough to see that, he was an even bigger fathead than Gaston thought! "I could try talking to Healer McMillan for you. She's very nice, not at all like the headmaster; I'm sure she'd be happy to help."

Gaston looked at Stella with sad eyes. She was breaking his heart! "It will end," he promised. "I can't promise Headmaster Scrimgeour will leave any time soon, but I'll stick around for as long as I can..." Which probably meant, until the metal armed-maniac came up with a reason to fire him. "You won't have to deal with this the whole time you're in school. If he comes back next term or if this becomes too much for you, I'll personally get you transferred to another school." He could get her into Beauxbatons with a single letter...

Before he had much time to think on the subject, Phantom's meowing distracted him. He smiled, watching Stella pet his cat, and Phantom was clearly enjoying every moment of it too! The Persian turned the white side of her face toward Stella and replied with a "meow!" Gaston laughed. "Phantom says 'thank you'," he said. But the laughter instantly turned to all-consuming rage as Stella confirmed what he thought he heard the first time.

"That cruel... heartless... evil sack of dragon dung!" he snarled, his clenched teeth all that was keeping him from shouting. He stopped short of saying a word he never uttered in a child's presence. His hands balled into fists, and his cheeks flushed a shade of Gryffinfor scarlet. Feel good about yourself now, Scrimgeour? he thought furiously. Subjugating children for showing you kindness... is that the only way you can think of to boost your pathetic ego? He wished he had him right here in his office; then he would teach that scum a lesson! HIs eyes burned like bluebell flames, and his entire body trembled.

The lights flickered on and off; pieces of parchment rustled on the desk, and there was a faint clink as a crack appeared in the glass candy dish, deepening until... everything stopped. Gaston was on his feet, though he couldn't recall standing up. He glanced around the room in a daze. Good Godric Gryffindor, what happened? "D-did I do that?" he wondered out loud, his voice sounding small and frightened. Then he remembered Stella. "Oh, my-! I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, Stella! I don't know how- this has never happened before!" He could barely bring himself to look at the poor girl.

Stella looked at him for a second and back at the candy jar in front of her with interest. " I love French chocolate, it's one of my favorite." Reaching her hand in she took a couple. "T..thank you." she said taking a bite savoring the goodness. Stella giggled at his comment. " Better stock up before Mr. Beady Eye Stone face takes it away!" she said sighing. She hated him, evil twisted snake he was!

Looking at him shaking she nodded meekly. " I..It's ok, I'm scared he's going to turn all the nice Professor's like him that don't get sacked, all the nice ones are almost gome." she said sighing. " W..we don't need anymore monsters like him, what we have is enough!" she soid shaking her head. Just the thought of all the good Professors being sacked and the school ran by cold lifeless monsters made her shiver and trembled. She wanted this year to be fun and full of adventures the only adventures she had was talking to Lucas on the wooden bridge.

Stella tilted her head at him " H..how can someone not learn to be kind to someone? I mean heck even a stuck up Purebloods that think they're better then everyone else isn't that bad!" she said honestly. "No reason at all to be mean big metal arm maniac!" she said darkly. Stella nodded. "B..But I'm just a first year I don't know what I'm capable of. " she said biting her lip. "The only thing to fear is fear itself I remind myself that alot." she said smiling weakly at him.

" T..these rules are so confusing you don't know what Professor wants what and then we get in trouble for speaking or not speaking!" she said angrily. " How is running every morning going to broaden ours mind? if nothing else it makes us more tired!" she said shaking her head. Stella laughed darkly. Yeah... that'll happen when pigs learn how to fly without magic!" she said now sighimg. Stella shook her head. " I..I don't want to get you and that kind lady into trouble, I'll feel horrible. " she said shaking her head.

Stella nodded. " A..all we can do is keep our heads up and hope for the best as my brother Phoenix tells me." Taking a drink of hot chocolate and a bite of her chocolate she started calming down. " I..I hope you don't go sir, sure will be lonely without a kind and nice adult figure to talk to." she said honestly. Stella nodded and smiled weakly at him. "R..really? I always wondered what it was like there. " sne said her eyes fill of wonder.

Stella looked down at the cat on her lap and giggled. " No thank you Phantom your a good comfort buddy!"she said still petting the cat. I love animals of all kinds magical or non magical!" she said happily but then stopped looking at Professor Marchand. He didn't look happy at all, he looked a bit scary looking. Did she say something wrong or did something wrong?

As the lights flickered off and on and parchment rustled on the desk and the candy jar broke she jumped and let out a small squeal. What was going on? she didn't know but she found herself a bit scared. Stella looked up at him her knees to her nose nodding meekly. " Y...yes sir you did." she said. " I..It's ok like accidental magic when you get angry right?" she asked him shaking.