View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 09:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Both TLs before the food/contraband rules
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Text Cut: Daisy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
"Well, when it comes to the rules, it seems that the list of what you can and can't do around Hogwarts is increasing. I have a bad feeling that if I were to return to this office or attend a future Charms class that things will look rather bleak in terms of decoration. Maybe I'm overthinking things due to the fact that my body and mind has its' tired moments due to the daily exercises and making sure that I am following the classroom rules especially Divination and DADA and being a decent Prefect. This year has been very stressful thus far!"

When Professor Marchand mentioned Daisy's aunt, the Hufflepuff smiled. "Aunt Helena is really amazing. She just told me that you seemed to be in need of having someone there to listen to you. My aunt actually didn't reveal much. I think she feels that your conversation with her is between the two of you but I hope she told you that I don't hold you responsible in any way regarding my scars. In fact, I wouldn't have survived if it weren't for you, sir."

Gaston listened intently as Daisy talked. He rolled his eyes, biting back a sardonic chuckle at the mention of the increasing list of rules. That was putting it politely! "I'm afraid you're right," he said sadly. "If I didn't know better, I would say Headmaster Scrimgeour is actively trying to confuse everyone because he enjoys handing out punishments. If he wants to implement new rules, fine, but he should've been upfront about his expectations, not make them up as he goes along!" How was anyone supposed to get head when Scrimgeour kept changing the rules of the game? He had to take a couple of deep breaths to calm his rising anger. Getting angry wouldn't accomplish anything... except costing him his job, and he couldn't let that happen! He had a daughter to provide for!

His expression darkened slightly as he glanced around the room, trying to imagine his office without his cars, books, and enchanted ipod. The thought of an office without his personal touches made him shudder. The bleak, depressing image that crept into his mind reminded him a little too much of the muggle private school he attended as a child... dull and lifeless. He nodded. "I have that feeling too," he said, "but all we can do is hope that won't happen."

Gaston's bright blue eyes widened with concern at what Daisy said next. "I'm sorry you're having such a hard time," he said sympathetically. "I'm not sure there's much I can do about the rules or your prefect duties, but maybe I can help with the exercises. If you like, I can talk to Professor Noble and Healer McMillan about excusing you from S.O.R.E. I can't make any promises-" If Scrimgeour was even half as hardheaded as he was hardhearted, it was practically a lost cause. "-but maybe having your Head of House, healer, and Deputy Headmaster talk to him may convince him. If nothing else, I'm always here to lend a sympathetic ear."

Then the conversation turned to Daisy's aunt, and Gaston couldn't help but breathe a silent sigh of relief knowing Helena hadn't told her the real reason for his leg injury. Poor Daisy had already gone through so much; he didn't want her blaming herself for what happened to him! The girl's next words touched his heart. "She did," he said. "I-it was nothing. I only did what any decent person would do..." His voice trailed off as his throat quickly became too tight to speak. He swallowed hard, pinching at the corners of his eyes. He couldnt' let Daisy see him like this!

Text Cut: Stella
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granger Danger View Post
Taking a drink of her hot chocolate to calm herself down she took a deep breath trying to stop hiccuping. "A..Alll these stupid rules Professor, they are stupid and a bunch of nonsense!" she said angrily with anger in her sky blue eyes. "I...I never hated anyone because my daddy said it wasn't nice, but I hate him!" she said looking down at her hot chocolate. She wasn't shaking as much now that she was in his office, but the Headmaster and the Divinations Professor scared her too pices. " T..The Headmaster and Divinations Professor scare me, some Gryffindor I am where's my bravery?" she asked him.

"I...I lost Gryffindor points, o..only five points but I'm only a first year!" she said sighing. " I said said hi and greeted him and was being nice, where's niceness in this castle now? It's all going away." she said crying. "I had to do twenty push ups or run, and you know that I have Asthma Professor and I been getting sick lately cause of S.O.R.E. but I haven't said anything and terrified of going to the hospital wing for help so I did twenty push ups." she said still crying. " T..This wasn't what I thought my first year will be like, where is the magic or the wonder? I..it's all gone and feels like we're in a muggle military school." she said sighing sadly.

All Gaston could do was watch sadly as Stella tried to calm down. The thought crossed his mind to offer her a chocolate to go with her beverage, but she seemed too upset at the moment. Still, he reached for the glass candy dish and scooted it a little closer to her, so she would know it was there if she wanted it. A frown creased his face as she spoke, and if Stella were to look into his eyes at that moment, she would see the same anger reflected. "I might've guessed..." he said, realizing only too late the harshness creeping into his voice. He sighed and softened his tone as he added, "Sorry... I'm not angry at you, Stella, but I am furious at Headmaster Scrimgeour for making you feel this way. I'll let you in on a little secret: I hate him too!" He hated the metal-armed maniac from the moment he set foot in the castle!

His expression changed as she went on. He instinctively reached out to place a comforting hand on her shoulder, but he remembered the ridiculous "no displays of affection" rule just in time. Instead, he rested his hand on the arm of her chair, hoping she would understand his meaning. No rule against that, was there? "I know," he said quietly. "They scare me too. I'm afraid they're going to hurt one of my students, and I won't be able to stop them..." He shook his head in a vain attempt to make the bad thoughts die.

Then Stella mentioned bravery, and Gaston gave her an encouraging smile... a small, sad one, but it was there. He got this a lot! "Don't think for one second that your aren't brave enough to be a Gryffindor," he said. "Bravery doesn't mean never getting scared; it means doing things even when you are scared of them. You show Gryffindor bravery every day just by completing your morning laps and showing up to classes."

The mention of points loss got a slight eyebrow raise from Gaston. He assumed the reason would be something like arriving late or unprepared or possibly out of uniform to class, but... Blink, blink. What the-? Did she just say what he thought she said?! The Frenchman's ocean blue eyes widened, and his mouth dropped open. He was vaguely aware of Stella crying again, but he was too dumbfounded to offer any comfort at the moment. Luckily, Phantom picked up on the girl's distress and jumped down from her cat condo. The black and white Persian sauntered up to Stella, rubbing against her legs with a "meow!"

It was Phantom's meowing that finally jerked Gaston out of his state of shock. "Did I hear that right?" he said. "Headmaster Scrimgeour took points from you and forced you to do push ups in front of the whole class? Because you said hello to him?" He had to have heard that wrong. There was no way anybody could be that heartless!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...