View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 05:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
lazykitty

DMLE & DMAC
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kalie Carter-Hope Gellar
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Alfred Ludovic Devereaux
Accidents & Catastrophes
x7 x4
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Expecto PAWtronum 🐈 | U-NA-GI

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Truth be told, she wasn't multilingual. Not in the least, except for when it came from reading directly from the textbook. She could do that. And she was okay with translations if it was right in front of her. Maybe it will be easier once she was actually there, but for now she'd have to work with what she had.

It was the greeting though where Skylar woke from her Japanese reverie and she shook her head slightly. "Oh, hi, Ronan. Sorry. I uh... guess so..." She held up the book for him to see the title (Kanji for Beginners). "Or completely foolish to think I can learn enough to attend University in Tokyo in the Spring." She shook her head. Maybe she should have just went with Madrid. At least Madrid used the same alphabet. But there was that part of her that needed to be separate from everything she'd ever known.... She didn't know why. "How are you? No University for you?"
Ah, Kanji, or so the book said. Now which language was th-oh, there it was. "Why Japan, though?" It seemed an odd choice for someone who didn't know the language. He also doubted that she could learn Japanese in time, not when it had taken him a few years to become fluent in French and that was while actually living in a francophone country (plus, the common alphabet). Not that Ronan thought he was smarter than she was or anything. Just that it took a while to learn a different language.

"I'm doing good actually. Started uni here in London back in September and now I'm just waiting for Ministry applications to open so I can join the Auror training program." Was it crazy to do both at the same time? Possibly. Was that going to stop him? Nope.

You are Salt!