View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 12:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
”Er…pardon?” Yes, he was multilingual, but that definitely wasn’t French, Latin or English the person had just spoke. It actually sounded like one of the Asian languages……but not Korean. Though, that wasn’t near as unusual as the person as the person that was speaking the foreign language. Because he was pretty sure that Skylar Diggory was British. The fact that she was reading a book on the strange language helped explain a little, though he couldn’t get a good enough look to see what the language in question was.

”Hi, Skylar. Life outside Hogwarts seems to be treating you well,” he commented, smiling. He was tempted to ask if she had heard from anyone inside the school since Headmistress Hawthorne had been unceremoniously fired, but decided to keep conversation light for now.
Truth be told, she wasn't multilingual. Not in the least, except for when it came from reading directly from the textbook. She could do that. And she was okay with translations if it was right in front of her. Maybe it will be easier once she was actually there, but for now she'd have to work with what she had.

It was the greeting though where Skylar woke from her Japanese reverie and she shook her head slightly. "Oh, hi, Ronan. Sorry. I uh... guess so..." She held up the book for him to see the title (Kanji for Beginners). "Or completely foolish to think I can learn enough to attend University in Tokyo in the Spring." She shook her head. Maybe she should have just went with Madrid. At least Madrid used the same alphabet. But there was that part of her that needed to be separate from everything she'd ever known.... She didn't know why. "How are you? No University for you?"

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.