Thread: Scamander Zoo
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 05:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Stefan
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DERP
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mackenzie Alistaire Mordaunt
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yoji Christopher Reed
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mordred Alexander Mordaunt
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Sophie couldn't help but laugh at Scarlett's energy, even though the kid seemed to want to go everywhere except where they were supposed to go. That was typical, though, so Sophie wasn't too bothered and kept pulling the toddler towards the entrance.

After getting their tickets, she thanked the person with a head gesture as she was already being pulled away by her little daughter. As she turned from the admissions area, she nearly jumped out of her skin and GASPED in surprise when a tall man appeared right next to them and was already holding Scarlett's hand.

She chuckled as she let out a relieved sigh when she realised it was her husband. One would've thought she'd be used to him appearing out of nowhere right next to her after over 10 years, but nope. His stealthiness still surprised her and would probably always do. "You nearly gave me a heart attack!" She said, laughing and letting go of Scarlett's hand. "I thought you had work to do!" The woman said, a hint of confusion in her expression although she was smiling. She did beam when he said he missed the noise and chaos because that meant he missed THEM, and she liked that very much.

The former Hufflepuff looked over her shoulder at baby Mackenzie and smiled at him before turning back to her husband. "It's okay. I don't think he'll be the one who will be the most difficult to handle today." She chuckled, turning her attention to their toddler.

ASDFGHJKLKJHGFDSDFGHJ "DADDY!!!" The littlest brunette grabbed his hand with both of hers and lifted her feet, dangling from his grip and giggling LOUDLY.

She quickly put her feet back on the ground and dashed off forward at nowhere in particular, pulling daddy along. At least this time she was going in the right direction, towards the main area of the zoo. Or something. "THERE!!" She shouted, pointing at the area FARTHEST away from where they were. Conveniently where the trolls were housed. Not that she KNEW it, but that area was straight away the most enticing for the 3 year-old.
"I'm sorry, love. Old habits." he said giving his wife a kiss on the side of her head. Mordred had to admit that being out and about with his family did his headspace better. As for work, the dragonolgist simply shrugged and scratched his temple. "I finished everything before I got here. I was up really early today to get a headstart." He would've acknowledged that the kids being out after being cooped in for the summer helped him focus. However, Sophie enjoyed that kind of chaos, and he would let that continue to keep her happy. 10 years of adjustment wasn't the easiest for Mordred, considering that he grew up without siblings, and was housed in an empty manor. The silence was his longtime friend, and he'd been accustomed to that, but things changed after married life. He married a LOUD family, therefore, it was inevitable to have LOUD children as well.

Example A: Scarlett Leonor Mordaunt.

Mordred grinned at their toddler and raised her high before putting her down again. And Mordred immediately regretted it as he was then pulled by a sudden force, towards the entrance. A quick look at the place made him feel like he was at work, but that didn't bother him one bit. He was with his family, and he would make it a point to make it fun for all of them. Are they ready to get bored by his facts and figures? Mordred followed Scarlett's hand and his jaw dropped slightly open. "Trolls. Trolls?" Mordred blinked and looked at the tiny toddler before him then to his wife. "Are you up for it?"

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.