Thread: Scamander Zoo
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 03:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Hey Ju

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Default Eeeeeeee!!!
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The instant silence was bequeathed upon Mordred as soon as their house was emptied with preschoolers, a toddler, and a helpless baby. Even Calen seemed to be relieved when all the noise was gone, because for the first time in years...he could hear his house elf humming. Mordred scoffed as he paused outside his home office to listen to Calen's soft footfalls as he cleaned the remaining mess made by his children, the singing birds just outside the window...Merlin, he can even hear the rustling of the leaves as the branches swayed with the wind. One can say that he was in paradise.

Without second thoughts, he quickly gathered his recent work assignment from the dragon reserve and made a makeshift office at their back porch. In minutes, he was in his element, and before he knew it...he was done with his paperwork. Mordred stared at his work, genuinely wondering what just happened. Apparently, the silence did him good. He finished all of his backlogs, and then some.

Out of habit, he took all of his paperwork back in his home office and wandered outside again to appreciate the peace and quiet. Mordred always longed for it, but he couldn't bring the topic for discussion with Sophie. He knew he'd hurt her feelings, seeing how much she's in her element when she's around her children; how Sophie always has the energy and the patience for them, will always be a mystery to him. But as he sat there alone, contemplating his present, Mordred felt that something didn't feel right. He was missing something the longer he stayed in silence and solitude.

Mordred grinned at what he saw and wasted no time to join his wife and children. "There are more owls inside, Scar. Mummy thought you'd like to see them," he said, holding onto Scarlett's outstretched arm as he pocketed his own ticket inside his pocket. Mordred then looked at Sophie and stroked Mackenzie's head. "I miss the noise and chaos, I had to follow you here." he said shifting his hand to fix his wife's hair.

The day just got more perfect.

"Would you like me to carry Mackenzie?"
Sophie couldn't help but laugh at Scarlett's energy, even though the kid seemed to want to go everywhere except where they were supposed to go. That was typical, though, so Sophie wasn't too bothered and kept pulling the toddler towards the entrance.

After getting their tickets, she thanked the person with a head gesture as she was already being pulled away by her little daughter. As she turned from the admissions area, she nearly jumped out of her skin and GASPED in surprise when a tall man appeared right next to them and was already holding Scarlett's hand.

She chuckled as she let out a relieved sigh when she realised it was her husband. One would've thought she'd be used to him appearing out of nowhere right next to her after over 10 years, but nope. His stealthiness still surprised her and would probably always do. "You nearly gave me a heart attack!" She said, laughing and letting go of Scarlett's hand. "I thought you had work to do!" The woman said, a hint of confusion in her expression although she was smiling. She did beam when he said he missed the noise and chaos because that meant he missed THEM, and she liked that very much.

The former Hufflepuff looked over her shoulder at baby Mackenzie and smiled at him before turning back to her husband. "It's okay. I don't think he'll be the one who will be the most difficult to handle today." She chuckled, turning her attention to their toddler.

ASDFGHJKLKJHGFDSDFGHJ "DADDY!!!" The littlest brunette grabbed his hand with both of hers and lifted her feet, dangling from his grip and giggling LOUDLY.

She quickly put her feet back on the ground and dashed off forward at nowhere in particular, pulling daddy along. At least this time she was going in the right direction, towards the main area of the zoo. Or something. "THERE!!" She shouted, pointing at the area FARTHEST away from where they were. Conveniently where the trolls were housed. Not that she KNEW it, but that area was straight away the most enticing for the 3 year-old.