Thread: Minister's Office: Level One Lobby and Reception
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 12:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Birchwoodmom

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default Continuing from lifts
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Conley exited the lifts, shifting around the catch of parchments under his arm. "This way," he said turning to the left. He began walking down a long corridor.

A frown crossed his face as Ashrey asked about his family. "No, not particularly." In fact, in his own home, there was just him and his owl. Conley didn't like talking about Elodie. After all, how did one talk about their deceased wife without bringing a huge damper on the conversation? "My elder brother just had a baby. That will make three...nephews, I mean." He cleared his throat, a tick he had when uncomfortable with his own emotions. Time to change the subject. "What about you? Big family? Any brothers? Sisters?"

Conley began to climb up a set of stairs.
She nodded and followed Conley out the lift doors and down the corridor. It was starting to look familiar, but she didn't yet trust her own sense of direction.
She didn't notice his skimming over his own family and focused on the baby. "Oh, a new baby! How wonderful. I just love babies." She wondered if there may be some baby sitting money involved with those three nephews of his.

She laughed at his next question. Did she have a big family?? "You could say I have a big family. I'm the youngest of seven and the only girl." She shook her head. She would have loved to have had a least one sister. "My oldest brothers already have wives and kids of their own. I'm an aunt several times over." She joyous as she spoke of her family. They really were the best.

Ashery followed him up the stairs and into the lobby. They had arrived! She hadn't realized how worried she had been about being lost until the sweet feeling of relief washed over her. "Here we are!"