Thread: Games & Sports: Conference Room
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 07:45 PM   #38 (permalink)
Harron Peasley
Dark Force Defense League

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Reuben Albert Darcy-Stemp
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Billie Love Stemp
Gryffindor
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

As each of his colleagues entered the room, Adam offered them a small in greeting. He was really keen to get started and so was glad when Victoria jumped straight in. Pulling the packet towards him, he flicked through a few pages as the talk of food reminded him how hungry he was - a hotdog wouldn’t go amiss, he thought, hoping that they would arrive before too long. He knew that at his age he should probably start watching what he was eating, but with his daily gym-going in addition to running around after a lot of kids and good genetics, he was hoping that he could go a few more years before he had to think about giving up hotdogs.

When talk turned to the main sporting event, Adam leant forward, listening to everyone's suggestions enthusiastically - it was difficult, of course, not to jump on the football bandwagon straight away, but he did manage to remain professional. Not jumping up and launching into the Seven Nation Army chant was a task that he felt deserved a reward, honestly.

“I like that idea, Jacob,” he agreed as the other man mentioned having some kind of toy to sell, too. “Whatever sport we decide on, we could have relevant ‘Stemp House’ equipment. A football, say, or a rounders bat.” They were obviously just examples, what with the sport still undecided.

His own thoughts on the sports in question were interrupted by the arrival of his wife. Adam stood up when she entered the room, his grin wide, and laughed a little as he was presented with his lunch. “Sorry, Lor,” he managed, accepting the bag (and the kiss) with very little complaint.

Or more like, no complaint. At all.

“Everyone, this is Lorelai,” he announced to the room at large. Just in case they hadn’t already guessed. His wife. His WIFE.

Whilst a lot of people would be embarrassed at their work day being interrupted by their wife brandishing a bright pink bunny lunch box, during a meeting no less, Adam was the furthest from it. Honestly, he was practically still a lovesick teenager, yet it was nearing their twentieth wedding anniversary.

Ruffling his hair, he laughed a little at his wife’s statement about his favourite thoughts. “Guilty,” he said, raising a hand quickly. “I didn’t even really get into Quidditch until I met Lor.” And he still wasn’t a massive fan of brooms - they were little and unsturdy and he was pretty sure they’d not been designed with tall people in mind. And he’d ignore his father, former broomstick designer, if he told him otherwise (which he often did).

“I think rounders is a good idea,” he offered, finally voicing his own thoughts on the main sporting event. “It can be adapted depending on how many people want to play, you don’t need to worry so much about dividing teams based on gender or age,” he continued, tapping his pen against the back of his hand. “Dodgeball is amusing, and a lot of fun, but I’m not sure as many people would want to be involved in it. I think if we decided to go down the football route, we should look at a five-a-side tournament rather than a full team of eleven.”

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________
Calling for my demons now to let me go ↽