Thread: The Courtyard
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 04:36 PM   #81 (permalink)
Birchwoodmom

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post

"I didn't mean to startle you," she quickly responded, watching as the Hufflepuff picked up her book from the ground. She then caught the title of the book in the girl's hands -- "or disturb you from your studying. My apologies."

Now, Regina couldn't tell what was the cause of the flushed cheeks. Was it the fact that Emmalyn hadn't quite worked out the mechanics of the heating charm? Or perhaps the air was a little colder than she was letting on?

"May I suggest Bluebell Flames?" the headmistress said, remembering that being a spell they learned in one of their lessons. It was fairly simple, and didn't involve anyone getting burned.

The subject was quickly changed, however, which the woman took as a cue. "One of the professors requested that I meet them out in the grounds," she said, her gaze shifting to the wooden bridge that she eventually would need to cross. "Not exactly sure why yet, but duty calls."
Blue bell flames? Did she know what had happened in Charms class? Maybe Professor Marchand had told her she set Derf's shoe on fire and this was her way of trying to get her to say something about it. Either way, she was going to ignore the suggestion and move along.

Her eyes followed the Headmistress's gaze towards the wooden bridge, wondering which professor would be calling her outside in a sort of private place. Maybe it was a date. It could be rather romantic out there. "Oh, well, that sounds interesting. It's a nice sunny day for a meet up." She grinned only slightly hoping for more information, but fairly certain that wasn't going to happen. There was no reason for the Headmistress to tell her anything about her personal or professional business.

"Well, I don't want to keep you from your work." She had a hard time of reading people and wondered if Professor Hawthorne was simply trying to politely exit. Plus, she still had a lot of studying to do before exams.