Thread: The Courtyard
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 04:15 AM   #80 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
Fully engrossed in her reading, she didn't hear the Headmistress approach and was startled by the sound of her voice. So startled that she dropped her book on the ground with a loud thunk. Her head whipped up to see the familiar face. "Oh! Hello, Headmistress, you surprised me." She reached down and picked up her charms textbook and placed it on her lap. "I rather like the cold weather. Helps me stay focused." She replied, tapping on the cover of her charms book. Plus, it really wasn't that cold and the sun more than made up for any chill in the air.

"A heating charm? Well, I, um, no. No heating charm. I haven't exactly figured that one out yet." Her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. It seemed she couldn't escape her faults, even out in the courtyard.

Hoping to change the subject, she placed her book in her bag and rose to her feet. She didn't want to seem rude by continuing to sit. "So, what brings you out on this fine day?" She wondered what the Headmistress did when she wasn't Headmistressing. It seemed odd to her that she might be doing something that wasn't required by Hogwarts.
"I didn't mean to startle you," she quickly responded, watching as the Hufflepuff picked up her book from the ground. She then caught the title of the book in the girl's hands -- "or disturb you from your studying. My apologies."

Now, Regina couldn't tell what was the cause of the flushed cheeks. Was it the fact that Emmalyn hadn't quite worked out the mechanics of the heating charm? Or perhaps the air was a little colder than she was letting on?

"May I suggest Bluebell Flames?" the headmistress said, remembering that being a spell they learned in one of their lessons. It was fairly simple, and didn't involve anyone getting burned.

The subject was quickly changed, however, which the woman took as a cue. "One of the professors requested that I meet them out in the grounds," she said, her gaze shifting to the wooden bridge that she eventually would need to cross. "Not exactly sure why yet, but duty calls."