Thread: The Courtyard
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 03:07 AM   #79 (permalink)
Birchwoodmom

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

SPOILER!!: Headmistress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Even with the morning jogs with Roderik, Regina still wasn't totally used to Scottish winters. They were still cold to the bone, and the headmistress honestly would rather stay indoors, close to a lit fireplace. But, alas, here she was making her way out to the courtyard only to venture off further into the grounds. There better have been good reason for her to be summoned all the way out there...

But her trek was put on pause when she caught sight of the young Hufflepuff. Regina couldn't help put blink. Yes, the sun was out (a sign of spring, which she was looking forward to longingly after the cold winter) ... but it was still February. It wasn't exactly warm out. The air still had a bite, at least in her opinion.

"Good afternoon, Miss Walsh," the woman finally stated. "An odd place to be studying in this weather, don't you think? I do hope you've casted a heating charm on yourself, even with the sun shining."

Fully engrossed in her reading, she didn't hear the Headmistress approach and was startled by the sound of her voice. So startled that she dropped her book on the ground with a loud thunk. Her head whipped up to see the familiar face. "Oh! Hello, Headmistress, you surprised me." She reached down and picked up her charms textbook and placed it on her lap. "I rather like the cold weather. Helps me stay focused." She replied, tapping on the cover of her charms book. Plus, it really wasn't that cold and the sun more than made up for any chill in the air.

"A heating charm? Well, I, um, no. No heating charm. I haven't exactly figured that one out yet." Her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. It seemed she couldn't escape her faults, even out in the courtyard.

Hoping to change the subject, she placed her book in her bag and rose to her feet. She didn't want to seem rude by continuing to sit. "So, what brings you out on this fine day?" She wondered what the Headmistress did when she wasn't Headmistressing. It seemed odd to her that she might be doing something that wasn't required by Hogwarts.