View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 05:31 AM   #16 (permalink)
Birchwoodmom

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shera and Night
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucki View Post
SPOILER!!: Night and Emmalyn

Shera tilted her head to the side at what Night had said. "Wii?" it had to be another one of the muggle contraptions in this room but to her, even the name sounded awful. How did muggles think to name things the way that they did?

"Flyings the best though! It's just a time that you can relax and unwind," she grinned at the thought. But then again... these were muggleborns... "I suppose it's different for you though, I got my first toy broom when I was about 3? I'm glad you're trying out for the Quidditch team though Emmalyn, I'm trying out as well... fingers crossed for both of us I guess?"

"Oh I'm the same. I think I've basically not stopped eating since I came to Hogwarts..." it was a good thing that she spent a lot of time running around and doing things. Otherwise this endless eating thing would not be going well for her health. Shera then beamed at night about the compliment of her name. "Thanks!"

"Most packs the cards that explode do reappear afterward. Sometimes if you get a really cheap pack then they just disappear... oh... and once my little brother put on card on the pack and when it exploded the entire pack was gone..." she still had no clue how the 3 year old had managed that. But he had.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionegold View Post
Sure, Night loved airplanes, but being in the air just seemed so unnatural.

She decided to answer Emmalyn first. "Sports aren't really my thing. I prefer reading, I guess, and I don't know--" now she addressed Shera "I don't want to be in the open air where anything could happen and I'm not surrounded by anything. I love airplanes though," Would those be something else Shera didn't know about from the Muggle world?

"If I were to try out for the Quidditch team, though, I'd try for Chaser. Or....is there an audition for commentator? I'd love to do that."
Emmalyn was glad to have her friends together and learning so much about each other. "The wii is a game system. You put more little round discs in it that look like the DVDs, but they have games on them instead of movies." she told Shera as she pointed to the area of the room with the games.

She smiled brightly when Shera said she was also trying out for her house team. "That's great! I hope you get a spot. What position are you hoping for? I think I'd like to be a keeper, but even making the reserve team would be fantastic being a first year."

Looking back to Night "I guess I like sports so much because I've grown up playing them. My parents always had me in sports since I started walking." she shook her head. "I do see how you would feel uncomfortable on a broom. It is a strange feeling, no seat belt or anything up there."

Emmalyn suddenly clapped her hand together and asked "So, what do you all feel like doing? Should we stay here and play a game, watch a movie, or maybe track down something else to do?"