View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 04:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Portraits
Always the Tone of Surprise
Streeler

Tell Them I'm Trapped in an Oil Painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Even though there weren't any magical portraits in his home, Gunnar was fairly accustomed to them. He had seen them before coming to Hogwarts and now that he was here, they seemed to be everywhere. It just probably wouldn't be his first thought when he heard voices. But when the girl mentioned the portraits speaking, he shifted his attention to the ones on the wall. Oh. They were really dusty. No wonder he hadn't immediately noticed anyone in them talking.

"It is really dusty," he said, as he watched her use a cleaning spell to get rid of the grime. He certainly didn't know that one yet, but hopefully he'd learn it soon. Or maybe she could help him with it. He watched her carefully so he could try it himself. "That's better," he said with a little smile as the portrait's inhabitants came better into view. "Are you ladies always so dusty?" he asked as the one introduced them all. "And my name's Gunnar."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
She had felt the smaller Slytherin watch her as she did the spell and she gave a smile, "You'll do that one in class at some point. It's always a first to learn in the first year." Z wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't his next charms class really. Her eyes moved back to the portrait as it spoke. Portraits didn't know who she was? There was a dramatic gasp as her hand made it to her chest, rude portraits rude. "I am Zita Valla and this cute firstie is..."

She looked at him, "Why don't you tell her your name instead of me." That was a way to cover it up, yes? Listening to his question Z did wonder the same thing, the portraits weren't usually dusty, but she had noticed the bathroom didn't have toilet paper in it either, were the elves on strike or something?
Excitedly Petronella quipped as she clapped her hands. "Zita and Gunnar, how adorable names you both have. Just adorable. Thank you again for cleaning the dust and dirt covered frame. It makes it hard to keep up with the castle gossip. Is anything juicy going on?" Beside her Gladys and Rosemary turned their backs to Petronella with dissaproval written all over their faces. They hated gossip.

Hearing the boy's question Petronella was quiet for a moment before she answered a little evasively. "Oh i don't know why were always dusty. Maybe the elves thinks this tower is haunted and avoid it? There are stories. Or the caretaker has just forgotten us...."