Thread: Snake House Pet
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 07:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
qoil
Slytherin
Bundimun

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wolfric Nott
First Year
Strange, isn't it? What comes from within.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
Bluntly: "It's all I think about." An exaggeration, to be clear. But it was true, nevertheless; the idea that her dorm-mates might go through her things while she was gone, or even so much as look at them was, well--unpleasant. No that any of Nerissa's things were particular special. But they were hers, completely. One of the few things in the castle that were.

She cut another full glance at him, missing the way the gopher snake's tail flicked. Her skinny arms folded about her chest, suddenly growing up aware of how her favourite pajamas might be deemed little more than ridiculous by others. She had seen the way one of her dorm-mates eyes rove over them, earlier, in a manner that was similar to how her mama watched her when she reached for an additional slice of cake, after dinner. "Nerissa." She supplied, looking at him curiously, extending her hand for him to shake the way she'd seen her papa do countless of times. "Nerissa Tate. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
His smile may have faltered, but only to the eagle-eyed. Wolfie extended one rather scrawny looking hand from within a sleeve that had been folded over several times: his night suit was quite old fashioned and far too large: his bare feet were hidden beneath several folds too. At least it would grow with him, albeit not magically but simply. His grip was scarily firm and bony, and his hand dreadfully cold.

Licking at his canines, he considered Nerissa for a moment. "If you're worried about your things, you should do what I do" he proclaimed proudly. "My mother charmed my backpack for me, I don't have a trunk. It only opens for me." A chill ran down his spine immediately: he had revealed too much but perhaps it was okay, she seemed unlikely to go through his things. Nevertheless, he fixed her with a piercing stare, as if she would confess immediately to her plan to pillage his things.

His mother's voice interrupted his wild accusation: 'don't push away anyone friendly, let them in and see what happens'. Realising he was still holding Nerissa's hand in a tight grip, he relaxed and sighed in defeat. "You can call me Wolfie, if you want."