Thread: Snake House Pet
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 11:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
qoil
Slytherin
Bundimun

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wolfric Nott
First Year
Strange, isn't it? What comes from within.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
She opened her mouth, the words almost out before stopping herself and shutting it close. Nerissa pursed her lips, as if by doing so she was making sure her I did not ask would not come pouring out. She remained quiet, a beat longer, looking at her fellow first year curiously. Or, scrutinized him. He'd already confessed to being unused to his new bed, a sentiment she could understand well.

But whether or not she was willing to share that was another matter entirely. Although she was remarkably more relaxed now that she'd been away from more than a month, well--it was still difficult. Eleven years of growing without people her own age to relate to could not be easily ignored. In the end, she settled for a brief nod. "I am not used to sharing my space with... others." Which was true, though not the reason why she was still awake. "You are Wolfric, yes?"
For all the good it did him, he was just about as tall as she was. Wolfric's imperceptible nod indicated that he was indeed Wolfric, but that was less important now. Looking at her, he mulled over the sharing of space with others. "I suppose I didn't really think about the others in the dorm", and as if to settle the matter more for his own benefit than anything else, "yes, it definitely is the bed".

Out of the corner of his eye he thought he saw the house pet's tail quiver.

There was a nagging feeling at the back of his mind, his own brown eyes blinking once.. twice from behind glasses that suddenly pulled back gently, his ears once again atwitch. And there it was, his smile sudden. "I am Wolfric", he clarified. One of the few things he liked about himself was his name and for boys like him, specifically like him, there was special meaning to be found in the littlest of things.

He did not, however, extend his hand like muggles did, nor did he appear to make any further attempt at pleasantries. Instead, he looked expectantly at her, perhaps waiting for her to introduce herself.