Thread: The Great Lake
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 02:00 PM   #23 (permalink)
debpetrisor
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daehyun "Daniel" Yoon
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucki View Post
"We'll see," she still smiled, but a hand did reach up to nervously run through her hair as she thought about the upcoming try outs. She was going to be alright. It wouldn't be too long until then and then she could finally relax about all of this. She brightened up again almost immediately, adding, "Maybe we'll get you on the Quidditch team by seventh year.... but then you might have to play against me."

She giggled lightly at his enthusiasm, glad that she had definitely found the thing he was passionate. Hopefully her little giggle wouldn't revert him back to being shy, so she decided to keep talking about it to distract him. "You have a zoo at home? What do you have in it?"

He looked dubious at her explanation, so Shera nodded at his question. "You tickle the pear. I like it a lot more than having to answer a riddle to enter the common room," because she had gotten stuck once already. But that was another story.

And another reason why she probably shouldn't be in Ravenclaw.

"There's probably a lot," Shera mused lightly. "I don't know how we'd figure out which ones lead places though, especially with passwords and tickling portraits and all that..."
Daehyun followed her hand that ran through her hair with his eyes, only then remembering she'd been in the lake just minutes earlier. Wouldn't she be cold? Should he offer his robe? The last thing he wanted was for her to catch a cold on his watch, but he was soon distracted by her comment. "Me? On the team?" he sputtered out incorrigibly. "No, there's no way. Just-" he shook his head, "-no." Nuh-uh. "I prefer cheering for you." Regardless of how foolish he would look.

"Not really a zoo, but-I keep adopting until it'll probably turn into one." And his parents had already gotten over the phase of fighting him whenever he brought in a stray, finally accepting that there was no way around it. "So far I've got three crups that I've found, either lost or abandoned," he counted off his fingers. "Then there's Yin and Yang, the stray cats that I've fed until they refused to leave." Tee hee. "Our family owl is almost as old as I am," he said somewhat sadly. He'd wanted to bring Felix to Hogwarts, but then he'd thought he'd rather let him rest. "And I got Felicis after meeting you! She's up at the owlery. Oh, and-there's this group of imps in the back of our garden..." The ones that his mother desperately wanted gone, but he wouldn't let her drive them away. "They're cute."

She had to answer a riddle when she entered the common room? Sounded fair enough, it being Ravenclaw's common room, but... "But it's the same riddle, right?" ... right? He couldn't imagine if he had to answer a different one each time he wanted to go to the common room. He would probably never leave it, aside from classes. Or find someplace else to sleep.

As for the secret passageways, "Maybe we can find someone in the portraits who would tell us?" Surely there must be someone?