Thread: The Great Lake
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 11:55 AM   #21 (permalink)
Pucki
Ravenclaw

DMLE
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Shera Ben-Ari
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by debpetrisor View Post
Chaser! That would put Shera in the spotlight most of the time, so Daehyun could only anticipate her first match, no matter what position she played. "Fingers crossed for chaser, then!" And he crossed his fingers for emphasis. "I'm looking forward to seeing you play." The discussion reminded him of the thing she'd said she would help him with, the one thing he would not speak of, hoping she'd forgotten.

She'd never seen a winged horse before? Daehyun bounced on his heels in the smallest movement, barely containing his excitement, sending a silent prayer that she didn't notice. "Then you must come to the infirmary with me! I wish you could meet my growing zoo that I have at home." He'd be lying if he said he hadn't considered asking someone to enlarge his trunk on the inside and find a way to bring all of his pets to Hogwarts... but in the end, he had to settle for his new owl. Next he wanted a salamander... maybe he could sneak that one in, too?

"Tickle... the pear... in the portrait?" He wondered if Shera was serious, because he could see she was struggling to keep a straight face... but eventually he shook his head, laughing to himself. "You know what, after encountering the Whomping Willow, that doesn't even surprise me." Not to mention that they were having a conversation with a gentle squid. "You think there are more passages through other portraits?" They did agree to explore every inch of the castle.
"We'll see," she still smiled, but a hand did reach up to nervously run through her hair as she thought about the upcoming try outs. She was going to be alright. It wouldn't be too long until then and then she could finally relax about all of this. She brightened up again almost immediately, adding, "Maybe we'll get you on the Quidditch team by seventh year.... but then you might have to play against me."

She giggled lightly at his enthusiasm, glad that she had definitely found the thing he was passionate. Hopefully her little giggle wouldn't revert him back to being shy, so she decided to keep talking about it to distract him. "You have a zoo at home? What do you have in it?"

He looked dubious at her explanation, so Shera nodded at his question. "You tickle the pear. I like it a lot more than having to answer a riddle to enter the common room," because she had gotten stuck once already. But that was another story.

And another reason why she probably shouldn't be in Ravenclaw.

"There's probably a lot," Shera mused lightly. "I don't know how we'd figure out which ones lead places though, especially with passwords and tickling portraits and all that..."