Thread: The Great Lake
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 07:28 AM   #16 (permalink)
debpetrisor
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daehyun "Daniel" Yoon
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucki View Post
She was still proud of herself for being right, a grin on her face as the boy in front of her hurried after her to also check out the giant squid that had just made it's presence known.

Shera had to remind herself to actually respond to the questions directed at her. Shrugging lightly, she tried to think about how to best explain it. "Well... I feel like the people I've met put more effort into their work?" That was what she had seen so far. They were actually motivated for the sake of being motivated. Especially Jessa...

And then there was Shera who lacked all motivation unless something intrigued her, involved quidditch, or she was allowed to have a nap afterwards because she would definitely be tired.

"Thanks," she smiled softly at the compliment of the blue suiting her. Her eyes quickly evaluating the red and gold tie on him. "The red looks good on you too."

Then, all of a sudden, she couldn't help herself from giggling. When it finally subsided, she looked towards the first friend she had made in Diagon Alley. "Can you believe that we're already at Hogwarts? And that we've been sorted now..."

It was ridiculous.
Daehyun considered Shera's words for a moment before saying anything because, really, he thought it was only her being overly worried, or pressured to make her House proud and live up to their expectations. Finally looking at her and fighting back the heat that rushed up to his cheeks - had she come all the way down there in only a towel draped over her swimsuit? - he said, "I'm sure it'll come when you find something worth putting more effort into, and it's only natural now that you're not yet familiar with many things. Like, err-like I'm passionate about creatures!" Though she would probably be horrified at his collection of bestiaries and the number of times he'd read each. "I'm sure you'll find your own thing." And that was possibly the most he'd ever said in one breath. "Let me know if I can help in any way?" He wasn't sure how to help, but he wanted to help, so if she had any ideas, he'd be up for it.

... then she had to mention the red, to which he could only nod in thanks because he didn't trust his voice to say anything about it - he would have disagreed, but he was sure his voice would come out squeaky and he would turn redder then, so he left it at that.

Daehyun was finally feeling more at ease when she giggled, wondering what had gotten into her, and then she'd told him as if she'd read his mind. "No way," he grinned. "I have yet to get used to the moving staircases. And did you see there's a nursery for magical creatures down there?" he said, pointing towards the general direction of where he'd spotted it one day.

Passionate about creatures was an understatement.