Thread: The Great Lake
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 05:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
debpetrisor
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daehyun "Daniel" Yoon
Third Year

SPOILER!!: Shera and Bartholomew <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucki View Post
He can't even?

Was it possible that he couldn't swim? Shera wasn't sure if she went with the right assumption, especially because he was pointing out valid things when it came to the Grindylows. "Well the giant squid is harmless according to older students. And I've heard there's also mermaids in the water which is really cool!"

That probably wasn't going to help his desire to not go into the water, but she couldn't help bouncing on her toes at the idea. Plus, she was fine. Wasn't that enough evidence?

"I'm glad you like it there," she was smiling nicely at him, because she really was happy that he liked it. "Ravenclaw's good. I really like the colour theme of the common room! But... I also get what you mean, I didn't really expect to be where I am."

Shera was still half expecting the hat to call her back and tell her that it had made a mistake.

Her eyes glanced over to the tentacles now popping out of the lake and grinned at the squid that was asking them how they were. She quickly shot a glance at Daehyun as if to say 'I told you it was fine,' before skipping down to the edge of the lake again.

"Hey Mr Squid! I'm enjoying it a lot, are you?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Squid View Post
Ancient Bartholomew swam slowly along the waters. He was observing the many students loitering around. Bartholomew loved watching them. Human activity was always too fascinating. Now he was close to the shore. Bartholomew raised two tentacles which he waved in greeting at random.

"Good day, children! Are you enjoying this fine day?"

The idea of swimming in the lake, which was the home of merpeople, somehow didn't appeal to Daehyun, besides the fact that he couldn't even swim in the first place. Though he smiled when Shera had told him that the Giant Squid was harmless, suddenly wanting to meet the creature. He could trust Shera's words, couldn't he?

He couldn't help but frown when she'd said she hadn't expected it to be a Ravenclaw. "Why not? You're so witty and bright." He could tell that even from their first meeting. "Plus, blue suits you." Unlike red on him, which only turned him into a tomato on the often times that he blushed.

He let out a soft "Whoa," when he saw the immense tentacles coming out of the water, watching in fascination as they waved in their direction, his fear long forgotten. He hurried to catch up with Shera, and scurried over to the shore. "Good day, err-" Sir? Mister? "I'm sorry, what would you like us to call you?" He'd rather ask first than insult the kind squid. Nodding in response to his question, he asked, "How is your day?"

Truly fascinating. Could they befriend the Giant Squid? Daehyun sure felt more comfortable having friends with tentacles, than human ones.