View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 02:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
dansgurl
Gryffindor
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amara Kaul
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jonathan Clifton
Law Enforcement
Sunflower Girl | Xavier's Double | Dan's Love | Seriously Black

The wait was pure torment. It seemed like eternity after the first years were called inside to be sorted. But when the moment arrived, Amara could feel her legs go wobbly. A mixed sense of euphoria and terror washed over her.

OH GAWD AW HOLY CRICKET ! ! ! I'M GOING TO HOGWARTS ! ! ! !

She almost rushed into the room along with her fellow firsties. And then came another long wait until the sorting hat had finished it's song. If you call it that. Amara hung to it's every word when the hat sang spoke about the houses. She had a fair idea about the houses. Her mother had told her what she needed to know and nothing favorable to any house. She wanted her daughters to be open minded about the whole deal, which was fine with Amara.

Finally, the wait came to an end and her name was called. She could suddenly feel the eerie silence of the place. Until then, she'd been contemplating about her future house. She could feel those hundreds of eyes as she walked towards the dais, slowly at first then picking up pace as her heart started racing against her chest.

She sat down on the little stool and faced the crowd. Just as she had felt, hundreds of eyes were looking at her expectantly, as if waiting for her to give a sermon. It just lasted for a few seconds before her world went into darkness. And a heavy, brooding voice spoke to her.

"Kaul.."

It gave a dramatic pause.

And then there was a long pause. Amara started wondering if the hat had gone back into hibernation. The hat had just mentioned her name and was silent. She doubted if the same had happened to everyone else.

UH.. so I just wait till it wakes up? Should I give it a shake or something?

"Quite child" The hat finally spoke. "I know just where to send you off"

"GRYFFINDOR!"

And that was it. Amara popped the hat out of her head. "Thank you Mr.HAT!" she said grinning as she hopped out of the dais and looked for the Gryffindor table. When she found it, she walked slowly towards giving her chance to look at her twin sit on the same stool she'd sat moments ago.