View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 01:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Gaston was at a complete loss for words as he watched Rose wipe away tears. He didn't like seeing her cry, but he knew they were happy tears and that made it better. He smiled adoringly as he held her close, feeling as if his heart would burst with love for her. What she said next made him tear up a little bit himself. It looked like he'd be used to hearing Rose's kind words by now, but it still touched his heart just as much as it always had.

He took a deep breath, fighting to regain his composure. Merlin's beard! It was way too early in the night for him to be this emotional! He held Rose even tighter than she was holding him, but his adoring expression turned worried at her next words. Hearing her put herself down like that made him sad! He wished she knew how kind and smart and wonderful she was! "Oh, Rose..." he whispered once he'd found his voice. "I could never ask for anything more. Don't you see? I want you, just the way you are..."

Gaston's grip on his wand slackened as Rose blew out the candle, and some of his panic went away knowing that the flame was out and couldn't burn anything anymore. But his face fell at the sight of Rose's fading smile. He shook his head when she said he didn't need to light the candle. "Of course it did," he said. "My silly fear of fire is no reason to break a longstanding birthday tradition! Only the best for my Rose.." He managed a small smile for her. As terrified as he was of fire, he loved her even more!

All Gaston could do was look around helplessly at the mess he'd made. Oh good Godric Gryffindor! What a disaster this was turning into! Rose's voice jerked him out of his nervousness, and he forced a smile as he looked at her. "Y-yes, of course," he stammered, wiping his bleeding hand on his trousers. The cut stung a bit, but it wan't deep. He was more worried for her! He couldn't believe he'd just spilled tea on her! What if he hadn't reacted fast enough? What if she'd been burned? "Oh, Rose... I'm so sorry!" he whispered, looking at her with concern and remorse. He knew she wouldn't be angry about it, but he could never forgive himself if he'd hurt her! "Are you hurt? Maybe we should see River..."

He managed a halfhearted chuckle when Rose asked if he needed a break. "Probably a good idea," he said. "We'll both probably wind up in St. Mungo's if I don't." The sad part was that he was only half joking about that. He sighed, scooting his chair out from the table. He stood with his back to her for a moment, staring out at the setting sun. This wasn't going according to plan at all! He was going to propose after they'd had cake and Rose had opened all her other presents, but now he was starting to think it would be better to get it over with. He would just keep getting clumsier if he didn't, and he wasn't about to take a chance hurting her again! He finally forced himself to look back, his eyes begging her to come stand beside him. "Rose, there's something I need to tell you..."

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...