View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 10:24 AM   #20 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Gaston could only gaze lovingly into Rose's eyes for several moments. Seeing her blush was so adorable! It even made him giggle a bit. But the wide smile he'd been wearing since she arrived faded at the sound of her words. Blue eyes blinked in shock. She didn't deserve this?! How could she even think such a thing? Did she not know how much she'd done for him? "How could I not go all out to mark the day the world became a kinder place?" he said.

He managed a small smile when Rose said everything was more than alright. He was relieved to know she wasn't disappointed! "I'm glad you like it!" Only the best for his Rose! He still didn't like her thinking she didn't deserve this, though he had to agree that she was right... just not for the reasons she thought. "I know," he whispered, holding her tighter as his whirlwind emotions threatened to overwhelm him. He wanted to pour his heart out to her, but there would be time for that soon. "Oh, ma belle Rose, you deserve so much more than I could ever give." He didn't know what else he could say to get the point across, so he kissed her instead.

Gaston's bright blue eyes lit up and he chuckled a little as Rose thanked him in his native language. Her French had improved considerably in the past months! "De rien," he replied as he sat beside her. His smile faded at the sight of the burning candle. His hand tightened around his wand, poised to react if it started burning out of control; thankfully Rose blew it out before that happened. One look in her eyes, and he knew he'd failed miserably at hiding his panic. "I'm fine." he said, silently berating himself for worrying her. "i just... don't like fire." Well, that and he was out of his mind with nervousness, but she'd learn why soon enough.

He tried to serve Rose a piece of the cake (chocolate with vanilla frosting), but his hand shook so violently that the knife slipped. He winced slightly as it cut his finger. Then when he tried to pour the tea, he was so lost in thought that he got distracted and accidentally spilled tea all over Rose's dress! "Oh my - I-I'm so sorry, Rose!" he stammered. A quick wave of his wand cleaned the mess, but he still inwardly berated himself, You're off to a great start! She'll never marry you if you keep this up!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...