View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 10:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Gaston bit his lip and blinked repeatedly, struggling not to cry for his love's past heartbreak. As far as he was concerned, a broken heart was a fate worse than death, and he hated that his Rose had to endure something so terrible. Knowing that hurt him worse than every broken heart he'd had combined! She was telling him that the ex wasn't worth it. but he shook his head sadly. "He isn't, but you are," he said, "and... I can't stand the thought of him getting away with hurting you!" He held her as a sudden wave of emotions threatened to overwhelm him. Knowing that she was okay now made him feel a bit better, but her next words made his tears fall. "Y-you mean..." he sniffled. "You'd rather endure a broken heart and be with me than be happy with him?" That was the sweetest thing anyone had ever said to him!

He had to take several deep breaths before he was able to regain composure. "Oh, Rose, you already have," he said. He never wanted her to think she needed to make things better for him! "Your love makes everything right. I'd go through all of it a thousand times over again just to be here with you." He smiled and gave her hand a little kiss, but his expression changed after a minute. There were things Rose didn't know about his past too, and now seemed as good a time as any to tell her some of it. It seemed only fair after she'd opened up to him. "I was almost engaged myself once," he said, but he decided to give her some time to process the information before elaborating.

Little Phantom was being such a ham right now, flopping and meowing until Gaston gave her the attention she wanted. After a few minutes of rubbing her tummy, he tried to move his hand, but she just dug her claws into his sleeve. He looked back at Rosalyn and the goldfish toy, poised to react if Phantom tried to scratch or bite her. The cat's yellow eyes darted from Gaston to Rose, but this time she wasn't glaring angrily at her... more staring at the toy she was holding. The black and white Persian finally let go of Gaston's arm and started batting at the fish's tail until she finally swatted it out of Rose's hand. She wrapped her front paws around her new toy and began to purr as she chewed on its nose. Gaston smiled. "Well, it's a start," he said.

Gaston hoped his description of Beaubatons wouldn't make Rose think he preferred the school to Hogwarts; he was relieved when she said it sounded lovely. "It is," he said with a nod, and he laughed out loud when she said it sounded better than Durmstrang. He agreed but he hadn't wanted to say anything on the subject, just in case she held some emotional attachment to the school. Her next words gave him an idea. Maybe he could convince Professor Evremonde to give Rose the grand tour of Beaubatons over the next summer holiday. "Never say never," he said. He didn't know what to say when Rose offered her opinion of his ex-girlfriend, so he settled for a smile and a squeeze of her hand.

Then the subject changed. He knew Rose would understand how he felt - her empathy was the thing he loved most about her - but he hated that she'd had to experience that kind of uncertainty herself. "I'm glad I didn't resign too,"he said with a smile. "I would've left behind my heart if I did." There had been another reason he left Beaubatons, but it made him sad to think about - and he knew it would make Rose sad to hear. He silently fidgeted with the black bracelets on his arm for a moment, but he was soon jerked back out of his thoughts when Rose asked him about his songs. "Of course," he said then added with a laugh, "I think the record company is going to get so tired of my songs about you that they'll threaten to drop the band!"

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...