Thread: Crossover: A Stitch in Time - Sa13+
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 03:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Jessiqua

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

SPOILER!!: Paintbrush
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintbrush View Post
That's such a great combination, Outlander's fantastic. And wow yeah 20 years is a lounge time.

Great start so far, it looks like a really interesting story, keep going, can't wait to see more!
Thank you got a bit caught up in other things, but finally got some done! I imagine it was like that, back then... perhaps.

Chapter Three
Late August 1688
Gilbert had prepared a bag to take with them. He put in a rug, and some food, and then wrote his parents a quick letter. And they left. “It’s going to be a long journey.” He took her hand and began walking towards the dirt path to head into town.
Minnie tried not to look too discouraged, though she felt it.
“Let’s take a horse. Don’t worry, I’ll just take mine. Besides, once my parents wake to find me gone, with the horse, they will know I’m safe.” He glanced at Minnie. “Well, safer than if I were alone.”
“A horse? That would make it quicker, to be sure.”
Gilbert walked softly to the barn where the horses were housed. The horse belonging to him was black and large. Minnie followed him, wanting everything to be ready quickly. Her anxiety was at a peak, and even though she knew her mother would never have met Gilbert, she felt as if she were about to be caught. Rather than letting herself idle, she went about helping Gilbert. He was giving the horse a brush, and Minnie reached on the hooks to retrieve the saddling equipment. She passed him the saddle blanket, followed by the saddle, which he fitted without trouble.
“Okay, come on,” he said, leading the horse out of the barn. Once they were away from the house, down one of the dirt paths leading from the property, he helped Minnie up then climbed behind her.

They rode from their town towards the centre of Inverness. Gilbert had a compass and knew approximately how to get to Ireland, although it was going to take a few days, and a few stops.
“I think it best we stick off the paths, okay? It might get a bit rough though, but you won’t have to look over your shoulder as much.”
“I’m not-” Minnie started.
“Minnie I can feel you move to look.”
“I’m just worried. I don’t know how long it will take them to come looking.”
“Do you ever leave the house before they wake up?”
“No, of course not.”
“Oh, well then I suppose we should keep riding to get some miles behind us.”
The plan was for them to ride until they got to Fort William, rest, and try to get on a ship to Belfast where they hoped to spend the rest of their lives together.

On and on they rode, until Minnie starting to fall asleep. Fearing that she would fall off the horse, she said, “Would we be able to stop soon? Only for a little rest.”
She felt him shifting. “Blimey, it’s four o’clock. All right, we’ll just go up here a bit. There are some stones over there. Can you see them? We might feel a bit more hidden there.”
Minnie thought it was good thinking. She could see the stones. They were tall, and some were quite wide.
“Where are we Gilly?” she asked, as he helped her down from the horse. She had to wiggle her hips side to side to get some blood flowing back to her legs. Her backside was both numb and sore, a feeling she didn’t enjoy.
Gilbert got the blanket from his bag and spread it on the ground, then got a chunk of bread out. He split it in half and gave Minnie a piece.
“It’s Craigh na Dun, I think.” He went to tie the horse up, hopefully out of view, then sat down next to Minnie on the blanket.
“Just a little rest?” She asked him.
“Just a little rest,” Gilbert replied.

EVASIVE | RESTLESS | MISUNDERSTOOD
always on the move