Thread: Paul's Pods
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 05:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
kayquilz
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriin View Post
"Technically, I suppose I could, but that would mean I would have to help and honestly, I was looking for an excuse not to." She was nothing if not honest, you see. In short: She had no desire to do chores today. "I have to do everything at home without magic, don't I? My father is a firm believer in all of us doing things manually whenever possible." So it was not quite an unusual train of thought. But, she was underage for two more years and could ONLY use magic at school...so she never really understood those that didn't take advantage of the opportunity when it arose.

But this... this was interesting. The blonde cocked her head to one side and watched the man as he CLEARLY fought some guilt or something. She would have felt bad had he not shrunk her. "Your lessons can be... distracting sometimes. I have ADHD, it's not as bad as it was when I was a first or even second year, but it is often hard to concentrate. The... theatrics sometimes take away from the subject matter." And no, she was not being mean, she was opening up to the man. Being honest. "That's why I opt to be tutored when I am home on holidays and such. I love Herbology, but Hogwarts isn't always the best learning environment." At that she turned her gaze to the ground in front of her and began to pluck up a few blades of grass at a time. Her Uncle Sabel had once taught her to stretch the blades between her two thumbs and blow on them to make noise. Maybe she would do that to keep from looking at the old Hufflepuff man right now.
Paul chuckled. "You don't have to help. I was merely offering." He was quite capable of doing it all on his own. He did quirk at eyebrow at her, though. "Does he now? Interesting. My mother couldn't wait until I could do magic...because the cleaning went a THOUSAND times quicker once I could clean my room with magic. And it also meant I could help with cooking without slowing down her whole...process," not that Paul was any sort of chef, but he did enjoy cooking. Even if he had burnt cookies once and almost set the house ablaze in 2087.

Ahem.

Paul nodded at the criticism. He supposed he certainly could see where she was coming from. "Well, I do apologize. I try to make plants as interesting as possible. I know some people are not...interested. It can be sooooo boring. So I guess that's why my...theatrics, as you put it, are over the top sometimes. I'm glad you're continuing to study the subject matter, though," he smiled slowly. "Because everyone has their own way of learning...I do not pretend to cater to all the types of learning, nor should anyone...we have our ways of relaying information. Some students are more reciprocal to my way than other ways. I'm lucky, though, no one's failed a Herbology course in awhile..." Well. Maybe that was a lie.

He couldn't remember right now, anyways, if that was true...he thought it was true....it was true? He'd have to check >.>

"I agree about the learning environment," he said. "But no school has a perfect one." He loved Hogwarts dearly. He would give his life for this school! But crazy things happened all the time! It was a wonder anyone retained any information at all!

Roman Gellar ● 1st Year ● Slytherin