Thread: Paul's Pods
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 03:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
Erindipity

DMT
Mountain Troll

x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
"Well, technically, you could do the same to your nails and help me, right?" he asked quickly, smirking. "It's just not FUN to do everything by magic when you've been raised...to do magic. I don't know. It's an opinion not shared by many!" He was fine if Miss Umbridge thought it odd or didn't want to help.

More soap suds for him!

He turned to her, though, at the mention of the lesson where he has shrunk all the students. "Oh, m'dear..." he sighed gravely and let his hand that was gripping the sponge fall to his side. "I...have made a vow to never do that again...without permission or consent. You don't know how badly I felt afterward...it was a mistake," he said gently. "Mr. Bellaire helped me to see it was wrong...not my finest teaching moment. I have since tried my best to make it up. I assure you, though, I won't be spiking people's food or drinks anymore."

There was still some residual guilt, clearly.
"Technically, I suppose I could, but that would mean I would have to help and honestly, I was looking for an excuse not to." She was nothing if not honest, you see. In short: She had no desire to do chores today. "I have to do everything at home without magic, don't I? My father is a firm believer in all of us doing things manually whenever possible." So it was not quite an unusual train of thought. But, she was underage for two more years and could ONLY use magic at school...so she never really understood those that didn't take advantage of the opportunity when it arose.

But this... this was interesting. The blonde cocked her head to one side and watched the man as he CLEARLY fought some guilt or something. She would have felt bad had he not shrunk her. "Your lessons can be... distracting sometimes. I have ADHD, it's not as bad as it was when I was a first or even second year, but it is often hard to concentrate. The... theatrics sometimes take away from the subject matter." And no, she was not being mean, she was opening up to the man. Being honest. "That's why I opt to be tutored when I am home on holidays and such. I love Herbology, but Hogwarts isn't always the best learning environment." At that she turned her gaze to the ground in front of her and began to pluck up a few blades of grass at a time. Her Uncle Sabel had once taught her to stretch the blades between her two thumbs and blow on them to make noise. Maybe she would do that to keep from looking at the old Hufflepuff man right now.