View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 09:44 PM

Post 'Fantastic Beasts' sequel to take place in spring/summer 1928 Paris, says David Yates

In addition to admitting the second Fantastic Beasts movie will take place in 1928 Paris, director David Yates also confirmed the time of year the film will be set. The sequel to Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them will start off about one-and-a-half years after the first, in spring and summer, 1928 Paris, France.

Quote:
Filmlounge: Do you have a special secret for how to keep secrets?
David Yates:
Do you know I’m rubbish at keeping secrets, as well. So I’m very indiscreet at times. But my wife keeps saying, “You shouldn’t say that.” And Warner Bros told me off last week. I was doing a junket in New York and I think I said too much. So I’ve been told off, and I’m not going to say any more.

I’m very happy to see a wizarding universe movie around winter and Christmas. Do you think you can classify a movie into a summer movie or a winter movie?
David Yates:
You’re right. Something that I loved about the script was that it was set near Christmastime/Thanksgiving. As a kind, when I was growing up, I always loved movies set at Christmas. There’s something really magical about them, and you always wanted to come back to them every year. There was something, definitely, in this one that made you feel Christmasy. I don’t know why, but it did – the magic, the Christmas, the lights, New York at Christmas. It was fantastic.

The next movie – here I go giving away secrets I said I wouldn’t – is in spring/summer, so it has a very different feel ‘cause we’re in Paris. We have to be in Paris at spring/summer, don’t we? But I like the fact that this movie – the architecture, the buildings, the sky in winter – beautiful, graphic. It just felt right for winter/autumn.
The second movie, "Fantastic Beasts and ... _______", will bring back series regulars Eddie Redmayne, Dan Fogler, Ezra Miller (who confessed with Fogler that Credence will have a much different hairstyle in the sequel), Katherine Waterston, Alison Sudol, Johnny Depp, and Zoe Kravitz. Set production will begin this February, said Yates, and filming later next year.

Read SnitchSeeker's Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them set visit reports right here, including about the great things the cast said about Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling, and how 1926-era New York City came to life.

Fandango - Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Tickets