View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 08:40 PM   #50 (permalink)
DUMMIES!
Other Characters
Dugbog

SPOILER!!: Katy, Tenacius, Olivia and Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Katy stepped back as Angelo activated the golem she was busy punching in the thigh. She would love to keep punching, but it wasn't having any impact... and she didn't want to get stomped. Instead, the small blond scampered backwards out of reach and took stock of the situation.

Two on ice. Two on wood. She had ideas for BOTH, but the approaching stone golem was worrying. Wasn't anyone going to take HIM on?

Leave it to a Katybird.

What could destroy stone? Wind. Water. Both took time, and she was working alone for now. Maybe she could make some time for herself and others? Katy threw herself at the green paint pot, covering her hand to the wrist in sticky green paint. It was difficult to get close enough to the stone golem to mark on him, but she tried anyway, approaching from behind and to the side.

She smeared the paint in a rough reversed Eihwaz - merkstave for weakness and confusion and destruction, if she was lucky. She shouted the galdr.
"eihwaz eihwaz eihwaz
e e e e e e e e e
iwu iwa iwi iwa iwu
iwo iwe iwi iwa iwu
e e e e e e e e e.
"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelsheen View Post
Ok instructions given. He understood it but it does take a bit of processing. The tricky thing about this is that they cant cast spells directly at the golem, and the only way to disarm them seems to be a complicated set pf steps, judging by what his classmates are doing.

He was trying to figure out what the Ravenclaws were doing-- because hey they were chanting and that was defo complicated impressive stuff-- when he lost his footing. EARTHQUAKE??? AVALANCHE?? He turned around, blue-green eyes grew to the size of tennis balls and just RAN.

The Rock Golem was wrecking havoc on everything on its path!!

Ugh, wheres a pokeball when you need it??

He cant cast anything directly on the monstrosity that much he remembers, so he circled round and round the golem, counting on the hope that since its rocky and heavy, it would be SLOW in navigating something as small and nimble as himself.

Then suddenly, he turned sharply, whipping out a spell on the floor directly on the golem's path "Glacius!!"

Hard rock versus slippery ice. Hopefully that will count in his favor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govoni View Post
Okay.....maybe this had been a mistake.

What in the heck...

These golem were much more terrifying than they had to the right to be. At seven feet tall, Liv felt slightly dwarfed. And she was properly sprouting up like a weed. Not to mention her inability to focus or concentrate with too much going on around her. This was bound to be a mess. Let's just call it what it is.

....but also, what could she contribute....? Everyone not currently in the safe zone was casting spells to delay these things: icing the floor, laying down fire, etc, etc, etc... And Jacen was... chanting something. It was similar to what Char had done in Runes with her desk.

... but then, Olivia reminded herself that she was a class A dueler. She could do this. She'd been kicking butt for three years. Psh. These things weren't NOTHING. Did you hear that, you golems? YOU AIN'T NOTHING.

Whipping out her wand she approached one...that Ace was facing, deciding to aid in his endeavor (because Gryffindors SHOULD stick together). The floor slicking was a brilliant idea, after all... "Ventus Duo!" She cast it quickly, in the hopes of knocking the thing right off it's large feet. "What's your plan?" Surely, he had one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelsheen View Post
Liv is coming to help him?

"Nice shot Liv!" Aim was good, he just didnt know if the wind gust was enough to cause the Rock Golem to fall. Cross their fingers?

He ran to her and yelled out at ANYBODY over at the safe zone "Uhm... we need protection please?" Anything that could offer them refuge from when the golem would come at them again.

"Right.... plan...." thats a thing huh? "I have part of a plan..." like its percolating right now. To be fair, he was kinda busy not trying to get squished moments before. "Mr Toussaint said that one of the aim is to get that new marking off its head, the one that makes it move... but I think we gotta figure out a way to get it to keep still somewhat --even temporarily --just so we can get to the head. If we can do that, then we can climb up-- or better yet, if we can make it stay on the ground -- and then take out the marking and that thing in its mouth."

Thats the plan. Now a bit more than part of the plan. "I'm not sure how to take out the markings, since this guy is made out of stone. Do we just scratch it out? Or do we have to like blow it up?"

"If you got a better plan Liv, I'm all ears."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govoni View Post
...........Whut. That...wasn't really a plan. That was more a narrative on what they needed to do...

"It's too bad we can't fly." It was said almost as an afterthought... because if there was one thing Olivia could do better than dueling and dancing... it was flying. But that was a ridiculous idea, given that 1) they were indoors... and 2) her broom was locked up in her dorm.

Hmmm. "What if we just... changed the symbols? Not erased them, per say..." Kinda like in Runes, when you wanted to negate the affects... Hehe, see!? She'd been doing her reading. SCORE. "I don't think magic like that will work on them... but we could try. I'm with you on this!" She wasn't en expert, so any guess or effort was good in her books. Besides, Ace was smart. Liv trusted his judgment.

"Ugh, I wish I had my broom."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblinfrog View Post
Kitty nodded back at Blaise, the only other person besides her in the safe zone. "It's nice to not be alone back here," she told him as she raised her wand and pointed it at Jace. "CONTENGO JACE!!!" In a feat of bravery he had started to climb on top of the Golems leg and was now painting its back with the bindrune. Good for him! Kitty held her breath as she waited to see if her spell would work.

"You're doing great Azura!" Kitty clapped enthusiastically as Azura as she summoned more birds and made fire. Heh.

But then Tenacius was shouting for help from the protection zone. Kitty hesitated for a split second. Her first reaction was to help, but vaguely she remembered the professor saying that there were four teams, and she assumed that meant house teams. Was she supposed to help them? She looked at Blaise. "I'm going to help them, okay?"

Then she pointed her wand at Olivia and shouted "CONTENGO OLIVIA!!!" Her wand was shaking as she said this but hopefully it would protect her.

STOMP!

STOMP!

STOMP!

The stone golem stomped its way towards the group of children and reached out a hand towards one. Knock them off, knock them off. But its hand was blocked, for reasons unknown to the stone golem. It let out a loud, thundering ROAAAAAAAR and took a step forward when...

THUD!

The rune, the ice and the wind all combined were enough to knock the stone golem off of its feet and land with a loud, earth-shattering THUD on the floor. Another loud ROAR was given off while it tried to get off the ground again, but its movements were slipping and sliding on the ice. Balance wasn't in its favour today.

Had the students been doing something right?

___

SPOILER!!: Jace, Azura and Jonas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
What…What was going on!?

Jace got distracted with the fire spell and watched as it got absorbed by the golem. It was proof that mundane spells will not affect it. In fact, it even made the thing stronger. The distraction was costly for Jace, because the next thing he knew, he was kicked square on the chest by their opponent, and the Ravenclaw was thrown a few feet off the ground and landed on his side. Trained to absorb hits because of his Kendo training, Jace stayed quiet and still for a few seconds, before getting up again. “Don’t attack the golem directly!” he called out to the Slytherin boy. “It’s useless.” He said as he sped towards the bucket of paint again and dipped his brush. He will have to carve the bindrunes again, this time, larger…and at a strategic spot. The leg was only to test his theory…and to prevent it from reaching the other side of the room. “Use distraction…or try and summon the shem out of his mouth!” he said hurriedly to both the Slytherin and Azura.

“I need an opening. I need to get back there.” He said to the both of them, and eyed the conjured birds Azura made. “That’s it!” as he pointed his wand straight at the Golem’s head, Jace was filled with renewed determination. “OPPUGNO!” Azura’s conjured birds started to attack the golem’s head, and while they were at it, Jace took the time to encourage his classmates. “Hopefully the aleph falls off…but keep distracting it!” he said as he sneaked around the golem once more, “And don’t forget the shem! GO!”
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2111jen View Post
-----------
Jonas jumped and nodded.
"Alright!" He called out.
He pointed his wand at the wood golem. He didn't know if it would work but he had to try something right? He knew it would be too good to be true but...
"Acio shem!" He shouted.
Jeez that sounded pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FwooperOnYourLeft View Post
Ha! Her birds were working! And thankfully she hadn't fallen so so far everything was okay! Until her best friend got kicked!

Ack! Azura made exactly three and a half steps towards the Ravenclaw boy before he got up and started to direct them! Got it! More distractions! She moved back around the Wooden Golem carefully and pointed her wand upwards again..

"Avis!" There! More birds should help out there cause along with some Green sparks She looked around wondering what else she could distract it with.. so it sucked up magic..meaning she couldn't send a fire spell straight at it.. but she could.. hmmm..

She turned towards her bag,she had paper in there and said "Wadiwasi!" Paper started to fly toward her and she then sent the balls of paper alight with "Incendio!" No she wasn't aiming at the Golem.. she was trying to distract it and should some balls of firey paper happen to hit it.. so be it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Things...things were happening and Jace had to keep his focus as he sneaked around the wooden golem like a ninja. The Ravenclaw took advantage of the golem's immobilised leg and climbed it while he clenched the paint brush using his mouth. There was no way he'd be able to paint the bindrune on the golem's chest...so perhaps painting it right smack at its back would immobilise at least the golem's arms.

Hanging on for dear life, the Ravenclaw started chanting the galdrs as he painted the Raidho first...and then the Isa. If he was timid with the first sets of bindrunes, Jace was determined to go all out on this one-- he went on to paint the whole back of the golem with the chosen bindrune.

"raidho raidho raidho
r r r r r r r r r
ru ra ri re ro
rudh radh ridh redh rodh
or er ir ar ur
r r r r r r r r r..."

"isa isa isa
i i i i i i i i i
i i i i i i s s s s s s
(s s s s s s i i i i i i)
i i i i i i i i i"

"raidho raidho raidho
r r r r r r r r r
ru ra ri re ro
rudh radh ridh redh rodh
or er ir ar ur
r r r r r r r r r..."

"isa isa isa
i i i i i i i i i
i i i i i i s s s s s s
(s s s s s s i i i i i i)
i i i i i i i i i"

"raidho raidho raidho
r r r r r r r r r
ru ra ri re ro
rudh radh ridh redh rodh
or er ir ar ur
r r r r r r r r r..."

The wood golem was trying to put up a fight of its own. It kicked the boy away but the birds were back, this time attacking it. It waved its arms around in a whip-like formation to try and whip them away. But the birds were resilient. They kept attacking and the golem kept whipping them away but they kept coming back!

Unluckily for the team, the aleph wasn't going to come that easily. But the golem was distracted enough by the birds and flaming paper that it didn't notice the boy climbing and painting on its back. The two runes combined on its back did what the leg couldn't: the golem found that it couldn't move. The branch-like arms were slowing right down.

___

SPOILER!!: Brooklyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post
She had listened to the description and advice as to what they were up against and also how to deactivate the golems. More accurately, how not to deactivate them. No direct spells, but Brooklyn figured that didn’t mean they couldn’t try indirect spells. Nor did she figure it meant she had to go for the easy golems. Instead, she trained her eyes on the faint shimmer of the glass golem as it had approached, flicking her wand at the ready and starting off with a nonverbal Homenum Revelio. Whether or not it worked, it was worth a try. There was every chance it would make the shimmer that revealed the golem’s location a bit more obvious, and she wasn’t backing down either way.

She did dodge its outstretched and barely visible arm however, aiming her wand at the ground. “Glisseo.” She might not accomplish destroying the inscription, getting the paper out of its mouth, or otherwise stopping it, but for the time being she was going to make it difficult for the creature. Distract it while everyone else seemed more concerned over the visible golems.

Unluckily for this girl, the direct spell wasn't going to do. It was for humans and this was the glass golem she was dealing with. Feeling the spell hit it and make it stronger, the golem approached the girl. It would take her out and be stealthy about it.

But the girl had other plans. Like the stone golem, this glass golem felt itself losing its balance but it didn't fall over. It was seven-foot tall and heavy built. She needed more ice to take it down.

___

SPOILER!!: Hady, Noelle and Echo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Hadleigh was still eying the Golem's as the rules were being given and as the Golem's were activated. Right away it was clear that everyone was splitting up and going after different ones, probably the ones they felt they could defeat the easiest which would make the most sense. Her on the other hand she waited a moment..and then two. What she was waiting for she didn't even know and then suddenly she did. Noelle and Henry. Both had good ideas but both were going to get hit by that ice Golem's breath.

"Henry watch out!," she called to him hoping he heard her in time. They couldn't use shields on one another, could they? It didn't sound like they could. What she could do though was suggest something to him. "Try a Disillisionment Charm on yourself, maybe you can get closer then." It was just a suggestion if he was going to try to paint on the Golem itself.

Her though. She was prepared to help Noelle. Flicking her wrist she felt the smooth wood of her wand slide into her hand. Fingers flexed around it as she aimed her wand at one of the burning vests Noelle had duplicated, great idea honestly, and cast a levitation charm on it. "Awesome idea El, maybe if we can get the burning vests on it we can melt it down?" She aimed it up high into the air over everyone's heads and towards the Ice Golem where she then lowered it down and dropped it right above it's head to show what she meant.

Had it landed on it's head?! Would it melt it?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanceCoeur View Post
Noelle's attention was on the ice Golem. Her game face was on and her tunnel vision was strong. She wasnt paying attention to much else besides the Ice Golem. But when the ice Golem blew an icy wind at Henry, Noelle quickly yelled. " Watch out Henry!!". She wasnt the only one that yelled to him. Hady, her big sis, was also jumping in, giving some advice to Henry. Good advice too.

Noelle noticed that Henry was starting to paint. Oh brilliant idea!! Noelle was no good at Arthimacy, which was something she had to work on.... just not right now. Because right now, the Ice Golem was reaching out for her. She levitated and shot a fireball vest at the golems outstretched hand.

Hady was helping and taking her idea right where it needed to go. To the Ice Golems head. "Try to shoot the fire balls at the Golem's head!" Noelle yelled to Hady. If they made contact, maybe they would be able to melt it... and in process, melt the paper inside its mouth. Henry would be able to help with that too.

Noelle sent three fireballs levitating, making sure not to hit any students, and sent them flying at the Ice Golem's head.
Come on.
Come on.
Come on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grrr..Meow View Post
Echo had to get out of this craziness, it was starting to give her a panic attack. She reached the safe zone and let out a breath, bent over trying to take as many deep breaths as possible.

Moving towards Kitty and Blaise she sat down "its too crazy for me" she admitted and started watching everyone trying their best to do.. wait what did they need to do again.

thats when she saw the fire balls! oh wow "YOU GET THEM NOELLE" she shouted as she saw the fire balls move towards the Golem's.

Hoping they didnt all turn and try to get her Echo raised her wand and said "contego Noelle" and pointed her wand at the girl hoping that will help her with anything that will be eventually coming her way.

The arm of the ice golem stopped suddenly as it felt a barrier between it and the girl. It hit the barrier a few times but when nothing happened, it dropped the ice hand and blew another ice cooooooold breath of air at the girl and the older girl who had joined her.

But then came the flaming vests and fireballs, which landed right on the ice golem's head. It let out a small ROAR while parts of its head started to sizzle under the fire and then melt. It was slow work but drops of icy water started to rain down on them all.