View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 08:18 AM   #111 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurange View Post
The incantation seemed easy enough to master, and indeed, the Hufflepuff managed that without too much difficulty. And the wand movement too. But what he wasn't sure about was the execution, but the thing about self-transfiguration was that it was a huge risk. And he couldn't let self-doubt cloud his focus. So. "Mutare Pellem." The first time? Nothing. The second time, a single scale where the tuft of hair that had once sat on his finger was.

The third? A full-out falcon claw. Sufficiently satisfied with himself, he revertoed it and started thinking on what would be a safe thing to attempt. Something that wouldn't accidentally cause death. But that was when he heard Paige.

And the thing was that while Brian had always been a little better at Transfiguration than he had at Charms - likely because he held it with much higher regard than the other significantly more frivolous subject - he knew that his best friend certainly was not. And that she did actually struggle. And that - well. Uh. He should probably check on her and make sure she didn't accidentally vanish her entire arm and -

Wait, WHAT?

Jumping over desks from his customary seat at the back of the class, Brian's wand was out and casting revertos at Paige Skeeter's hand like a mantra. A prayer. Because this skin-dripping-like-wax thing was definitely not a good thing. And something he should probably take down to the Healer or something.

"PROFESSOR. SOMETHING'S WRONG."

And no, that wasn't a question. Or very polite. But hey, it was his best friend and Hufflepuff loyalty was kicking in with full swing.
Thank you for being subtle, Brian Woods. Really.

As if the seventh year wasn't panicked enough at her own attention being drawn to her self inflicted disaster, but then Brian had to go and SHOUT like that. Now half, if not all, of the bloody classroom probably had their attention drawn towards her.

"B R I I I I I I I I I I A N," she hissed, finally retrieving her wand and watching his spells hit her hand. It was helping a little, but her stupidity at double casting the spell of the day made his attempts at rectifying the situation a bit in vain.

Casting a few Revertos herself, a few of the long tendrils sucking themselves back into the Hufflepuff's hand and leaving a small lump whence it came - lump...something resembling a blister or a boil...one of those. Either way, the duel efforts of the Hufflepuffs were not yielding the desired results. Not entirely at least. Rather than melted skin from the back of her hand hanging down to the floor now it was more dangling a few inches off the sides.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes