View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 09:12 PM   #128 (permalink)
Wood'sLittleFlower

DMLE & DMAC
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brooks Bradshaw
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Dieter Kareless
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Coulson Bradshaw
Law Enforcement
Ern's Walmart Greeter

__H A Z E L__H E N L E Y__H A D D O X__
.___.

B R I E F I N G
Date of Birth - November second, twenty seventy-three
Star Sign - Scorpio
Place of Birth - Unknown
Residence - Manchester, UK
Social standing - below the poverty line
Relationship status - none
Languages spoken - English
Allergies - N/A
Medical issues - N/A
Family tree - link here
Pets - None

A P P E A R A N C E
Hair - ever changing (currently a light/bright green)
Eyes - grey with hints of green
Skin tone - Pale
Skin imperfections - tons of scars on his elbows and legs from falling as a kid, one particularly long and nasty one that extends all the way up his shin
Tattoos - none yet, but has an idea or two drawn up in his sketchbook
Piercings - Ear lobe, nose, lip, right eyebrow
Build - lanky, thin, very little muscle definition
Height - five foot nine inches & growing
Ethnicity - N/A
Style - punk rock, most of his clothes are hand-me-downs however and have holes in them. If they aren't black, he tends to hand dye them and if they aren't cut up enough, he'll take a scissor to them until they're better suited for him.
Face claim(s) - Michael Clifford

P E R S O N A L I T Y
If his monotone voice doesn't give away his personality, his unwavering uninterested eyes just might. At first glance, the boy seems to care about nothing and no one, but those closest to him know better. In all honesty, Hazel is a true hufflepuff. He’s fiercely loyal to those he cares for, kind beyond what anyone would expect of him. He doesn’t expect anything of anyone, and is constantly surprised when people stick around or continue to talk to him despite his usual lack of interest.

As far as fitting into Hufflepuff goes, Hazel isn’t your typical hufflepuff. There’s nothing Hufflepuff in his appearance, nor his general attitude. However, he never means to upset anyone close to him. But when he does, it upsets him almost twice as much as it’s upset them. He has a kind and gentle soul, often expressing his disgust and annoyance when people do the smallest damage to plants or anything living. Don’t pull up grass in his presence. Just don’t.

Views self - He doesn't think much of himself. Plain and simple. He knows that other people do, especially those back in Manchester but he's also aware that he can't be what they want him to be.
Views others - He's very interested in observing other people. Often putting made-up stories to those he doesn't know; most of which go along with some sort of make-up look. But when it comes down to actually getting to know the real person, often times he could care less. It's usually up to other people to pursue his friendship for anything to develop.
Often Perceived as - Someone who doesn't care, a grungy scary sort of fellow who's not the type your parents would want you hanging around.
Base flaws - self deprecation, bad personal hygiene, callous, withdrawn, tactless
Mannerisms - hair ruffler, knuckle cracking, pulls on his fingers until they crack, rolls his neck, very jerky movements,
Speech - always speaks in a monotone voice. It is very rare to see the boy show any emotion in his voice, most of it, if any, is shown through his eyes. He's not one for talking a lot or going in depth with explanations, he's more of a visual person. If he wants to tell you something, it's more likely that he'll show you rather than tell you. He speaks in small phrases or single words and this can easily be misconstrued as not caring or being short with people. Even if that is his intention sometimes.

Likes - the few friends that he does have, the quiet, being alone, the dark, sitting under the bridge where it's cool and dark, drawing, old horror movies, monster makeup, special effects
Dislikes - being cornered, being touched, when his friends don't understand him,
Habits - paints his fingernails black, changes his hair color when he gets bored, practices make-up daily, often saves little snapshots of moments in his head to flip through later (sort of like a scrapbook),
Beliefs - he doesn’t have many. Nothing religious
Fears - His family, the ideas that they have, the idea of his mum being a ghost, what his sister has become, becoming a leader and what he’d have to do if he were
Aspirations - Ideally wants to live past thirty. Wants to be some sort of make-up artist or something. Wants to be the best, but doesn’t want to be famous. Would like to know what it feels like to feel actual love as well
Strengths - creativity, camouflage, flat sketching, make-up of all sorts, hair dyeing
Weaknesses - blunt, struggles to express himself to others, doesn't have manners or proper hygiene down
i n t e r a c t i o n s__&__r e l a t i o n s h i p s
Honestly, who knows how the boy has friends. He’s hard to reach on a personal level, he rarely ever shares anything personal. His home life is a mystery to all around him. But somehow… some people stick around.
Grace Haddox [mother] - There isn't really a relationship here. There aren't any memories for him to reminisce on just stories Hattie has shared with him. But even those are fuzzy and unfamiliar. He clings to inanimate objects that once belonged to her as the closest thing he has to her.
Hattie Haddox [sister] - once upon a time these two were inseparable. She took on the mother role after they ran away, but as soon as they found a resemblance of a home with the group in manchester, things slowly started to change. Hattie grew up into someone Hazel hardly recognized. Currently, he does his best to avoid her except for when he thinks she's in danger or in need of his advice.
Matthew Hobbs [best friend, roommate] - This is a pretty complicated relationship for two people who claim to be best friends. There isn’t a lot of communication and it’s only getting worse it seems. After letting Matthew in on a bit of his home life, Hazel only feels more distant from the other boy and is actually creating the distance himself.
Lucy Potts [best friend] - Lucy Potts is something of a mystery to Hazel. Her constant persistence with their friendship and the way she shows him when other people aren’t doing right by him astounds him. She’s the only person he allows to paint his nails other than himself.
Aslan Evans [friend, crush] - The most intriguing girl Hazel has ever met, which caused the girl to be the object of his infatuation. She knows of some of his history and he has no intention of letting her in on more of it. He isn’t really sure how he feels about her studying him, but hasn’t voiced otherwise. The two have shared a kiss or two, and she even attempted to teach him how to kiss. He hasn’t since brought it up, but he’s considered it. She also happens to be the record holder for most still photos in his head.
Esme Olivier [friend, partner] - Esme likes to consider their first encounter stalking, but Hazel likes to say curiosity following. Hazel is Esme’s glorified babysitter. The two have also shared some kisses, the feelings, however, are one sided on Esme’s side. They both share a love of dated films. He’s done a make-up look or two on her before; the zombie one being his favorite
Charlotte Kettleburn [friend? slight crush] - This cheery being has captured some of Hazel’s attention. Her bright and bubbly personality is something Hazel has rarely seen, let alone allowed to stick around. He admires her positive outlook, even if he finds it a bit foolish most of the time. She took him to the beach for the first time ever the summer before his sixth year.
Cerys [next in line] - Hazel's first real crush, next in line to run the family business from one side. Hazel looks up to her, he even adopted some of her attitude into his own personality.
Dixon [next in line] - the only person that really scares Hazel, even if he's just trying to look out for him
Gretel & Mort [mother & father figures] - Hardly parents or able to even pretend like they are, these two only care for themselves and the way that they can shape Hazel and Hattie into what they want. They’ve already done a number on Hattie, and soon enough they’re positive they’ll get Hazel to cooperate just as nicely. Unfortunately for them, Hazel has other plans. For the most part, Hazel avoids them or sticks close to Cerys as he knows they keep their distance from her. He used to believe they were these great people and he was lucky to have them. But after growing up and learning a thing or two, he knows better.

H I S T O R Y
Hazel was one of the unlucky few to be born into the world without a mother or a father. While his mother passed away in childbirth, the father was unknown to all, perhaps even to Hazel’s mother. However, Hazel’s mum was not a stupid woman. She updated her will just a few months before she was to give birth. In this update, it was stated that her boyfriend, Fitz, was to receive full custody of her children if anything were to happen to her.

After some time, things... were not working out. Fitz wasn't cut out to take care of children he'd never really wanted to begin with. Things only got worse as time went on. He stopped caring and they were neglected among other things. This led the children to seek help elsewhere. As they both knew very few people it was no surprised that they wandered over to their neighbors house every now and again. She fed them cookies and after a while entire meals. They kids would sneak out of Fitz' and their moms place to see her.

But this couldn't last forever. And it didn't. After a while the old woman grew sick and eventually she was taken away in an ambulance, never seen again. This didn't sit well with Hattie. So she packed a small bag, stole some money out of Fitz savings jar and took off with her little brother. They rode trains until they couldn't afford it anymore.

The two young kids wandered around a train station until they were approached by a couple. Hattie landed quite an impression with the two, and they didn't give much of a choice on taking the kids in. And it only got more complicated from there.

They were brought home and introduced to a large family. No one was related, but everyone relied on each other as if they were. But as with all families, they were far from perfect. Some family members wanted to undermine and overthrow the others. And that's where the children came in.
s c h o o l__y e a r s
First through fifth (played offsite) - Normal stuff, nothing complicated. He was always a shy kid, went to classes and sat in the back, didn't talk much to teachers or other students not even when spoken to.
Sixth - the summer before was... complicated. [more to come]

M A G I C A L
Blood Status - Unknown; mother was definitely of magical descent, father is completely unknown
Wand - Fourteen and a third of an inch, sturdy Dogwood with a Clabbert Tooth core
Patronus - hasn't been able to cast one yet
Boggart - hasn't come across one yet
Amortentia - hasn't been introduced to that potion yet
School - Hogwarts
Current year - Sixth
House - Hufflepuff
Electives - the study of ancient runes, care of magical creatures

Post color - dollar bill green

Text Cut: lil disclaimer concerning other people’s charries

Yes hi hello, it is I, Lili. I just wanted to say that certain characters in this bio aren’t mine and if you’re their RPer and would like me to take them out of this bio, don’t like the way they’re talked about from Hazel’s POV, anything at all, let me know and i’ll take them off! It’s just for my own personal reference but if you don’t like it, no harm, i’ll take it out!

_____________you wanna run it back but you can't turn the time, you start to feel like you're losing your shine
__________________________________but the grass ain't always greener on the_o t h e r_ s i d e