View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 01:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
Jessiqua

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

SPOILER!!: Hady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
"All that trying is hard at times but look where all the failed potions brought you Sir, you're a professor now." Hady smiled at the older man standing before her. "Did you always want to be a Professor?" It was a curious question. Clearly Art very much enjoyed being around his students and engaging in what they were currently dealing with. Had it always been the way he was or something he became interested as he entered adulthood?

Even with her human instincts still very much intact Hady/panda couldn't help but somewhat instinctively shift her head just a little at the scratch behind the ears. It was an action that in her human form would have been very odd but being an animal was different, the petting was soothing and gentle. There was no harm done in enjoying the brief moment. Hady turned her small beady eyes towards the movement only to see Madame Curie inching her way closer. To see that she wasn't at all afraid of her in this form was really amazing, maybe the rat knew her scent and even though she was changed she knew it was her? To bad she couldn't communicate with her right now and ask.

After waiting a few more moments and allowing Madame Curie to check her out Hady once more inched backwards. This time it was to change back into her true human form. It took her a few seconds to gather her thoughts once more and recover from the brief change but when she did there was a bright smile on her face. "Madame Curie didn't seem at all nervous by me Professor, why do you think that is?" Curious.

Art couldn't help but smile at the kind words of Miss Lynch. "Very true, that is. Trial and error has taught me more than any text book could." And he looooved seeing his students use that curiosity to play with things, tinker with them, or even just try something new. And look at Miss Lynch and Mr Paton who tried something new, something extremely challenging, and it paid of wonderfully.

Art was absolutely delighted with the animal form of Miss Lynch. He gave a little chuckle as Madame Curie came up, curiously. He was half expecting her to give a little sniff and run away, but she remained there.

Art watched the transformation back to human form, and got himself back up to standing position. He HAD to give a little applause. "That was truly spectacular Miss Lynch. I'm very proud of you and Mr Paton!" He truly, truly was. "No, she didn't. Perhaps she just... recognised that it was you in there. It must be, even with animals that she can see I trust and love, she sometimes runs away out of fear." So merely seeing her Art comfortable with the red panda wasn't really it.

SPOILER!!: Dora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriin View Post
Oh. Wait. She had one rule. Well, more than one, really, but she was going to TRUST this man to tell her the truth. Just the once, though. Picking up the teacup she sniffed the tea first. "Is there any kind of potion in this tea? Will it cause me to shrink or change in any way. And yes, I have to ask." AS her Uncle Sabel would say, Constant Vigilance. And she was CERTAIN he had gotten that from someone else. Heh.

Shrugs. He got them now. She wasn't settling in too great, but that had nothing to do with her illness, more her own doing. It was okay. It would pass. Probably. Sure it would. Teen years were shaping up to be really tough, ya know. "I am going to be fine. And I really appreciate the offer, but I tend to figure things out on my own, you know. Gryffindor." Nuff said, right?

"Did you know my cousin is a potioneer? I can't remember if I told you that before. Anyway, she works with me anytime I am home from school. I really love potions work." ANd no, it wasn't her brown nosing or anything, it was just facts. And also her way of letting him know she was always looking for new potions to attempt.

Art's eyebrows went high into his hairline. "Great Scott, no," he said. Realising, of course, that it WAS possible. Once he decided, or hoped, that the question was more a curiosity or... procedure, rather than a distrust towards him, he gave a smile. "You can never be too sure, can you?"

Art kept the smile on his face, and gave a gentle nod. "I have no doubts, Miss Umbridge." He would keep a distant eye out, to make sure she was doing okay, but he wouldn't overstep. She'd said she would be okay, rather figuring it out herself, and Art respected that. He trusted that she knew he would be available if needed, and he was okay with that. "We Gryffindors DO get by, don't we?" he chuckled.

"No, I don't think so. What's her name?" he asked. There wasn't much of a chance he knew her or not, but it was possible. But he was very interested. "What's the most challenging thing you've brewed together?" he asked out of curiosity. It was wonderful to hear that one of his own Lions loved potions and did some practicing at home. It made him very proud, indeed.

SPOILER!!: Hads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie View Post
Hadley nodded, smiling. "It does. And it also helps beat off emotions." Mainly anger and aggression. Stuff she didn't realize she was full of over her parents' split up until she out there. It was as good therapy as actual therapy was. So was the play for that matter. In a completely different way. Hadley nodded again. "I will be. I had a lot of fun doing the play this summer. So I'd love to be in another one."

Right, though. Down to business. Which did she want to do? "I've already spoken to her about it." She just had to prove herself talented enough in Transfiguration to start. Which Hads wasn't too worried about, given it was her best subject. That and charms. She paused, quiet, thinking the options over. Both sounded beneficial to her training. "Can we do both? I want to experience being an animal, but I also know that long-term brewing will be invaluable to it as well..." Oh, yes. She's done plenty of research in how to become an animagus. She knew all about it.

"Mmm... th-that too," he said. Though Art was usually pretty straight lined across the happiness spectrum, at least in his current life situation. He was happy, content. But he wasn't really high or low with emotions, but he realised that he was speaking with a teenage girl. And an Ravenclaw at that. "I'm glad you have an outlet, Miss Denaker." Everyone needed a good outlet. Art realised, though, that Potions was his outlet. At the death of his first wife, he buried himself in his lab for months. "Well if-if you would like some familar faces in the audience, perhaps you could owl me a pamphlet? My son loves plays! Perhaps we could watch?"

"Oh, excellent," Art remarked, impressed with Miss Denaker's progress already. He smiled at the young lady. "Absolutely! We have all year, how about.. how about we start with the potion with a longer brewing time. If something goes wrong, and it sometimes does even to me," he added, with a serious glance at Miss Denaker, to let her know that it wasn't something he was actually expecting to happen, but something he wanted to be aware of, "we can re-do it. Then.. we can get started on the animal one. We can get you in a safe place to transform, even a few times, really, so that there's little risk. How about that?" he asked. He jotted down the ideas, and Miss Denaker's progress with the Animagi stuff so far, into the folder he kept on some of his students. He had lots of things in there already, detailing what they had done in previous terms. Things they could both look back on if they forgot anything.

EVASIVE | RESTLESS | MISUNDERSTOOD
always on the move