View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 10:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
Erindipity

DMT
Mountain Troll

x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermygirl View Post
This polite indifference; in so many ways she knew how they'd gotten to this point, and yet in so many others, she had no idea. She knew the distance it encompassed felt stifling though, and that in itself was foreign. Dora was one of the only people ever to know Sam for what she really was, and had done so since the very first time they met.

In many ways, Sam feared what she'd lost in their fight over the summer more than anything else. Regardless, she was reassured to hear Dora was better though, and Sam's lips curls upwards slightly. "I'm glad. Welcome back," she said quietly.

She started to grab her bag, but Dora's words halted her. "I'm not busy," the Ravenclaw answered, turning to catch Dora's hand in that moment of hesitation. The words surprised even Sam herself, breaking past the cold shoulder she'd inadvertently put forward. They just felt right to say then. "Don't go. Or, at least...don't go without me. Not again."
Dora had been hurting so much lately, for so many different reasons, but this here... this thing with Sam, it hurt her more than she could ever admit. She had, much like Sam, perfected the cold shoulder and the innate ability to shut out people and things that she didn't want to think about in a moment. Sam had managed to break down most of Dora's walls, but this one was apparently very well constructed.

"You're the one who went off... without me to begin with," she muttered before she even had time to think about what she was saying. Yes. Okay. YES. She was still mad about the summer holiday. M A D. Hurt. Sad. Feeling replaced. Her absence was... just perfect. It proved that not many people had even noticed her gone or cared enough to hunt her down. Of course, this did not extend to Sam, but the pain it caused was undeniable and had lent itself to reinforcing this wall she imagined was built all around her.

"That was insensitive of me, but I don't take it back. I know I haven't been easy to deal with, but you just don't understand." She couldn't. Could she? Probably not.