View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 05:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Charely Potter
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
Insulting his ego? Paul looked around for whatever ego Justin was speaking of--right, HIS ego. But he waited for Justin to finish his spiel before he spoke. Because he did NOT have a huge ego. A normal sized one, sure. "You majorly undermined my authority, Justin. The students have been talking, apparently. Some little gossip thing they have circulating...said so. So it isn't just me, Justin. it is not just me being crazy or making this a big deal. You stepped on my toes. And I am not happy about it, nor will I pretend you had a right in doing what you did." He sipped his tea calmly.

"Oh codswallop, Justin. I would never have taken points for something so silly. Plus, the BARON pulled the poltergeists over to my table while they were giving Botros a toast. How bloody rude. The Friar would never have done something so ill-conceived. And the Baron is a tough ghost--I doubt his feelings were hurt." After all, since when had the Baron even HAD strong feelings for anything? "And it seemed they were yelling at him because he wasn't listening to their demands. Do you know what it's like to be a Hufflepuff?" he asked suddenly. "What it's like for everyone to think they can...walk all over them? Or that Hufflepuffs will 'sit quietly' while someone treats them with disrespect? No, you don't. You're a Slytherin. And for the Baron...to just PULL the poltergeist couple aside at THEIR table...it looked bad, Justin. It did. And you can't deny that."

Hmph. MORE Hmph's.

The more Justin heard from this man, the more it became clear that his own word didn't matter. Did he really just forget exactly what he said? "Taking points from your house does not undermine your authority." Seriously, how many times did he need to say this. His students were warping his mind in Justin's point of view at this exact moment. Was it only because he happened to be right there too that he felt like this? It sounded it like from Paul. If Justin thought about it more, he could see himself be a little irked in an opposite situation, but mainly about losing points and not over his title as Head of House... But then he remembered how alot of the male colleagues he met here were pretty sensitive. Not in a bad way, but in a noticeable way. Seeing how Paul was too in the end made him sigh, "Look. I am sorry that it looked like that and for making your feelings hurt. I'm not sorry about taking those points though." As for the gossip. Well, nothing Justin could do if he really cared about that.

Oh, he was not going there. But he did. The way Justin's brows lowered as if he might blow up said it. He had plenty of reason right there to remind Paul that he wasn't a Hufflepuff either and how he seriously doubt that he would've not reacted that way based on this type of reaction he was already getting... But no. Paul to Justin was already blind in hurt, adding anger to it wasn't going to end good. He knew the chances of finding all those extra secrets about Paul would go right out the window if he said anything like that. "Yes, I am a Slytherin and we wouldn't want to tolerate that either so I get it." So instead, he circled the teabag in his cup around before drinking the rest. "Do you remember the Baron's reasons for being there, Paul? Every single one of them including why he didn't leave? Nothing from his transparent mouth said anything about walking over the Hufflepuffs deliberately as if they would be alright with it, so I don't even know where that idea is being thrown about from." If he needed a replay on everything said, then fine. But only if asked. "Look, I get it now that your house felt threatened and they wanted everyone gone for some extra peace. But to me it looked just as bad, if not worse to see the house you're leading push their anger on a respected ghost who did nothing more than be at the wrong place at the wrong time to drive those poltergeists away. Given what happened you can not have expected me to just sit quietly while my own house ghost was being attacked and then seeing you reward them over it." Albeit he was just a ghost, but still a respected one with some authority as well. If Justin had to repeat this fact over and over to get it through to this man, then he would.

Would this still have happened if it were a Professor instead of the Bloody Baron? Who knew? One could only imagine the circumstance. Fact is nothing could change what happened then, but not. Refilling his own drained cup Justin continued, "C'mon Paul, you can't deny that this wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for Peeves and Miffy." They were the ones to start the chain of reactions, not the Bloody Baron. Why did the ghost have to be 'punished' for trying to solve the issue in a bad place? Merlin. Something had to come to an agreement before they danced in more circles with this conversation.