Thread: CoMC Lesson I
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 03:09 PM   #80 (permalink)
RandomRaven
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & MO
Pixie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mikey Goh
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Burton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
He Shang-Wu
Minister's Office
x7
Default note: if I missed your answers, it's purely OOC mistake ^^
BOOMBAYAH! | #PuedoPorquePiensoQuePuedo | Certified Blank and Random Person | Raventastic

SPOILER!!: Blaise and Bentley XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
It didn't matter what Livvy was yelling, the moment she did so, the Gryffindor jumped out of his seat in favour of getting himself clear of anything she might have tried firing at him. A quick glance was spared at his quill to ensure it was also unharmed. The term never tickling a sleeping dragon, it very much applied to Olivia Phillips, regardless of the fact she'd hadn't ACTUALLY done anything but get startled awake. "Circe Livvy." Blink. "Sorry about that."

The boy's attention returned to the Professor. "I'd like you to do neither, Sir." How was that not obvious? He wasn't saying he LIKED this hour, Merlin. Blaise took a few seconds to settle his nerves after the heart attack that was Olivia then he seated himself once again. "Midday lessons would be lovely--if you're taking suggestions." It sounded like it, mhm, because he obviously wasn't insinuating that Blaise should come earlier. It just ....just no. No thanks. No.

Winged horses. Right. Well. "They have wings." Funny that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davvy_Wavvy View Post
Bentley didn't mind early classes. He was a morning person after all so this was fine. He even snorted a little when he noticed that Olivia was apparently fast asleep on the bean bag. Was he the only one who could only sleep in a designated bed?

Perhaps.

Hmmm...what did they know about winged horses? He nodded aggressively at Blaise's answer.

"Very good point cousin. Also note that they are indeed horses. So wings as my cousin pointed out....plus they are horses." Like mundane ones but with wings.

Hmmm.... "Thank you for the suggestion, Mr. Bellaire." Although there's a slim chance that he would have a lesson after lunch. Morning is the best time to have an outdoor class with the fresh and breezy air.

And.... S N O R T.

Jordan couldn't help but shook his head. Clearly there two teenagers are way smarter than his 5-year old nephew. "That is such an obvious opinion." He spoke coolly to both of them. He needed to watch these two punks, especially Bellaire because he had heard many things about this student from other staffs. But well, at least they tried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Oh they were talking about winged horses! How cool was that! AND they got cozy beanbags to sit on. But Skylar was way to hyper to get all cozy in her beanbag. She sat upright and tried to avoid bouncing as the Professor introduced the subject matter of today's lesson: which it seemed was to be winged horses.

A lot had already been mentioned, but there was always more especially when the question was so broadly stated.

Bouncing only slightly as she listened to her peers, the second year thought about what she knew and what she read and finally shot her hand in the air when she had an interesting fact to mention. "There's a magical creature, hippogriffs, which have the hindquarters of a horse and the front quarters of an eagle. So the fact that they have wings and are half a horse, it kind of makes them winged horses." Sort of? Loosely? Maybe? Or maybe she REALLY wanted to fly on one, just once.
"Hippogriff is another different creature, Miss Diggory." he corrected the Slytherin. "I will give a lesson about hippogriffs in the future, right now we are discussing about the winged horse."

Okay, moving on to the other students. The CoMC professor listened to some students mentioning about Pegasus. "Let me get this straight, Pegasus is a creature from Greek mythology, the son of Poseidon, the Greek God of the Sea and Medusa, the monster of Gorgon." He cleared his throat and continued speaking. "So basically Pegasus and magical winged horse are not similar. I am not an expert of Greek mythology so if you want to know about that, maybe you guys should ask Professor Newton, the lady one not the old man." Oops... "I mean, Rosalyn Newton, the History of Magic professor.. Not the potion master." He corrected himself.

Okay, back to the discussion. He listened to the other students giving their opinion and waved his wand to the chalkboard to copy their answers there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkboard
Winged horse
- Majestic creature
- Classification: XXXX
- have four different breeds: Abraxan, Granian. Aethonan, Thestral
- Have different colors and size based on their breeds
___- Aethonan: Chestnut-colored
___- Granian: Grey-colored
___- Abraxan: White-colored
___- Thestral: charcoal black-colored
- Thestral can be only seen by the person who have witnessed a death
- Thestrals are being used to pull the carriages to Hogwarts
- Abraxans were used by the Beauxbatons students to the Triwizard tournament in Hogwarts, 1994.
- Abraxans drink single-malt whiskey.
- Require disillusionment charm.
- Aethonan is popular to United Kingdon
- Winged horse racing game
- The hair of their mane and tail can be used for magical properties like wand core or potion's ingredients.
- Granians are pretty fast and used in races
- Their diets are mostly fruits and vegetables
- Thestral hair was used for the legendary Elder wand's core.
"Excellent answers, guys." He appreciated the students. "I would like to add some facts about them: As one of your friends say that Abraxans drink single-malt whiskey, unfortunately they can't drink water because it's like an alcoholic drink to them and makes them sick." Which is pretty interesting, and not many wizards could own abraxans as their pet due to the cost of their care and diet: Single-malt whiskey is not that cheap, buddy! "And speaking of diet, Thestrals are the only breed that are carnivorous. The other can take fruits and vegetables as their diet."

Jordan took a pause for a while before continued speaking. "Ministry has classified them as XXXX, although both Granian and Aethonan can be classified as XX or XXX. But still, only skilled wizards can handle them. I have been working with them for years and based on my experience, winged horses needed to be respected, petted and taken care carefully or they could cause a harm." So he hope that there would be no smarties who insulted them.

"Okay guys, once you have finished writing I want you to stand up and follow me." He instructed as he walked to the other side of the backyard. Waving his wand, he pulled of the disillusionment charm and revealed four winged horses represent of each breeds. "I want you guys to meet my new buddies here, they will be the new members of our barn. This one..." The CoMC professor pointed to the small grey-colored winged horse. "is Maxine." And then, the walked and introduced the largest one beside Maxine, the white-colored one. "This one is Aurora." Moving on, he introduced the chestnut-colored one, it was not as large as Aurora. "This is Perseus." And the last one, not many student could see them maybe.. But he could. "And the last one is Sinatra. Yeah, some of you might not be able to see it because it's a Thestral."

Weren't they pretty? HEHEHE.

"So, based on their looks I think you guys know each difference of them, right? Which one is which?" He asked.

OOC: Class will be moving on in 20-26 hours after this post! Have fun with the guessing! And yes, not many students can see the thestral so feel free to guess if Jordan has gone mental

It's a fairytale evening, and you want the entire event to be totally dazzling and
a real experience with the friendliest people around you.

Last edited by RandomRaven; 09-12-2016 at 03:19 PM.