Thread: Crossover: Answers Come The Hard Way Sa+16
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 03:28 PM   #27 (permalink)
Connie
Gryffindor
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Janet Lynn Gordon
Fifth Year
Werecats are people too! Reader of Fan Fictions

Hey Guys, Happy 4th of July to my fellow Americans, and happy day to everyone else who celebrate life. This chapter is pretty short with some sweetness. Hope you enjoy it.

Chapter 11

Gifts Of Love

Harry sat in the chair Ginny had just jumped up from and opened his arms to the two frightened children. They stepped into his arms and he pulled them both onto his lap and hugged then gently to his chest. “Everything is okay, I’m still dear ole dad; it’s just that I had to do something very hard and scary. I’m afraid it was too much for me to do, but I had to do it anyway, so it changed my hair white. And I guess I look awful because what I did was dangerous and I got hurt doing it. It was something I didn’t have a choice of whether I should do it or not; I did have to do it. Now, I’m finished and everything is okay, there’s nothing to be afraid of.” He hugged them both and kissed them on their cheek. He smiled at them and they saw his eyes water up. He cleared his throat and quietly said, “I missed you Darling Angel, you’ll have to tell me everything you did.”

Lily began talking excitedly and Hugo interrupted saying, “Next time she goes away can I go with her?”

Harry chuckled and squeezed his nephew and then ruffled the top of the boy’s fuzzy curls. The electricity crackled and the static charge made his hair stand on end. Hugo rolled his eyes and said, “I hate it when that happens. Why couldn’t I have hair like dads instead of mums? Uncle Harry, could you make my hair be normal, PLEASE? Everyone makes fun of me and mum said there isn’t anything that she can do to make it better.”

Harry asked him what he does when everyone bullies him about it.

Hugo sighed loudly and said, “Well, I tell them everyone can’t have perfect hair like them and that if it doesn’t bother me then it shouldn’t bother them.”

Harry smiled and said, “That is very brave of you. Do you mean it?”

Hugo shrugged his shoulders and then said, “Yeah, but it doesn’t mean I like it.”

Harry said, “It is something I can help you with if it’s okay with your parents.”

Hermione and Ron stepped close to their son and then looked doubtful at each other. Hugo pleaded with his parents and said, “I don’t think there is anything Uncle Harry can’t do. I trust him don’t you?”

Harry knew this was exactly the reason they responded the way they did, but he defended them with a different reason they might have. “It might be that they are just concerned that it is your vanity you are worried about. Just like when your mum’s teeth were jinxed at school one time and they grew like big walrus tusks. Madam Pomfrey told her to let her know when to stop her from shrinking them when they were back to her normal size. Now, I bet you didn’t know that your mum used to have larger teeth that she hated the same as you hate your frizzy hair. She let Madam Pomfrey shrink them to the size she wanted them to be. Do you remember that, Mum?” he asked looking at Hermione with a playful twinkle in his eyes and a very small smile.

Hermione sighed and smiled in her embarrassment. “Yes, Uncle Harry, I remember.” She looked at Ron and after he stopped laughing they told Harry it would be great if he would help Hugo with his hair. Harry moved his arm he had around Lily so he could put both hands on Hugo. A groan escaped him at the movement but he didn’t stop. Harry told Hugo to close his eyes and then Harry closed his eyes as well and a thick cloud hung around his hands making it impossible to see Hugo’s hair. Harry spread all his fingertips gently onto Hugo’s scalp all the way around his hairline and said a long enchantment in ancient Latin. When he finished he tied a blindfold around Hugo’s eyes and told him to leave it on until he takes it off.

Hermione looked concerned and clasped Ron’s hand. Harry winked at her and smiled kindly. He cleared his voice and said, “Now Hugo, tell me what is the first thing you want to do when I take the blindfold off.”

Hugo giggled happily, “That’s easy; I want to go in the kitchen with you and have a peanut butter sandwich and a glass of chocolate milk. Your belly is growling like it hasn’t been fed for months.”

Hugo and Lily both had a fit of laughter and Harry laughed merrily. “What about your hair, Hugo; don’t you want to see what it looks like?”

“Nah, it’s just only hair. I’m sure it looks good since you fixed it.”

“Good boy, Hugo. Let’s take off this blindfold and have a look at your hair.” The cloud disappeared and everyone looked in amazement and clapped at seeing the perfect thick golden hair that adorned the boys head with waves and cute girl catcher curls. Harry assured everyone that this was Hugo’s natural hair only with the fuzz controlled and the curls behaved.

Ron and Hermione thanked Harry and said they were sorry for doubting him. They asked why he blindfolded him and asked the questions he asked.

Lily drug Hugo off her daddy and they ran off so she could show him his hair in a mirror. Ginny reminded them to brush their teeth and get right to bed when they were done looking at Hugo’s hair. Harry licked his lips wishing he could get something to eat, but willingly answered his friends. “I blindfolded him to keep him from seeing any reflection of himself in a window, or our eyes, anything that would show a reflection of his head. I had a cloud around it to keep anyone from being able to show any delight or disapproval in what it looked like. I needed to know what his first reaction was at even the thought of having normal hair now. If he was giddy about it and preened and primped then I would need to work in an anti narcissism charm. But he was his lovable self without any narcissist tendencies. If he wanted to see a mirror and look at himself I’m afraid he would have been a little vain until he grew out of it. Just like you, Hermione, when you loved your smaller teeth. You loved them and you willingly smiled showing them off. It’s why you love the smell of toothpaste and-”

Hermione laughed, “Okay, okay, I admit I was somewhat vain for a while. Thank you, Harry, for not just doing it, but thinking of how it would affect him after it was done. That was very thoughtful of you.”

Ginny sat on the arm of the chair and picked up a long curly locket of his white hair. She twirled the tight curls at the end around her finger in thought. He raised his head so he could see her face and when she looked in his eyes he offered her a small loving smile. He never knew what she was thinking about when she behaved this way, and he was a little apprehensive. It was the only time he was ever tempted to look into her mind to see what she was thinking; but he never did and he never would.

“Love, is there anything you want to tell me?”

Harry grinned with a boyish charm and said, “Yes, Honey, there is. But it would be inappropriate at the moment.”

She blushed and playfully pinched his shoulder. He winced and quickly made like it was intentional and said, “I’m sorry, but you did ask.” His white face looked ghostly with his white hair. He felt the sudden tension in the room and his face turned red. He softly said, “I’m sorry, Honey, you’ll need to give me a clue what you expect of me. I can’t think of anything good and right. Please give me a clue, or better yet just say what’s on your mind.”

Harry began to get uncomfortable with everyone staring at him. He swallowed and his chest rose and fell with his breathing becoming short deep breaths. He looked up at her with pitiful eyes and quietly said, “I love you?” in a hopeful asking way.

She smiled and said, “Happy Anniversary, Love.”

“But, that isn’t until next week… a week from today,” he added desperately. I wouldn’t forget that; I ordered you a present, it’ll be here on-”

She held up her wrist and he saw the delicate bracelet. Then she pulled away the hair over her ears and showed the matching earrings, and then she pulled out a delicate chain around her neck with matching jewels of her earrings and bracelet. And lastly she showed him her ring she was wearing on her long slender finger. “They came today as my family was leaving. They stayed because right then you and John disappeared. Our anniversary was today. You were asleep all last week.”

All he could do was to stare at her ring. He took her fingers gently in his and looked closely at her ring. He spoke softly saying, “Happy anniversary, Honey. I seem to always miss important events and milestones in our family’s lives. I don’t mean to. I hope you went out and had fun and-” His stomach rumbled and he cringed with the hunger pain but opened his mouth to say something else and Ginny put her slender fingers over his lips and said, “Let’s go eat.”

Harry smiled sadly and nodded his head. He looked at the family and his friends to see if they were coming. They all smiled and made their way to the dining room and sat down at the table. Nobody was hungry though, but they sat with Harry and would nibble on small portions. After he sat Ginny to her chair beside him he stood by his chair until Molly and the other women sat down. Jack, John, Carson, Arthur and Sirius remained standing with Harry and then sat down after all the lady folk was sitting. Percy said, “Well if we’re standing on tradition and all that stuff then I think Harry should make a toast to his bride.”

Harry swallowed and pulled his hand away from the meat platter he was about to get a helping of and stood up. “I had plans made to celebrate our anniversary because this one was going to be special. I thought it was going to be the first anniversary Ginny and I would actually be able to spend the whole day together healthy and awake. I had already made arrangements with Mrs. Weasley to keep Lily for us. It was going to be a day to remember. But, clearly that didn’t happen. So, I will attempt to salvage the couple hours we have left of the day by hopefully making it known to my wonderful wife that I love her more than my own life and it is because of her that I was able to live through… trying times… Ginny the gift I got you means more than just jewelry. Life is just a short thread in the measurement of time. The delicate chain around your neck symbolizes how fragile and short life is in this moment of time; and the clasp that holds the ends together is what keeps us together forever. The two jewels on the chain will never separate and because they are both the same size it means that neither is better than the other and one will never overshadow the other. The earrings have one jewel on each to symbolize the time we are apart, whether being from work or anything else, we are still a matched set unlike any other. And the ring with the one large jewel symbolizes our unity as one for all eternity. I love you, Honey, and I always will. May you always know the love and happiness that I want for you.”

He raised his water glass to Ginny’s drink and everyone drank. Harry sat down and reached for the platter of meat but Ginny put her hand on his to stop him. He looked at her but then smiled when she magiced food from each bowl and platter on the table to his plate. “Eat Love, and thank you for my wonderful Anniversary gift. I loved them when I opened them, but I love them even more so now. I wanted to wait for you to give them to me and open them while you opened yours, but the Jeweler delivered them himself and he was extremely upset. It seems the courier who was to bring them out was in an accident and the car was overturned and in the lake down the road from here. He was able to get out of his car and recover the package, but it was waterlogged; the packaging ruined. The courier called the jeweler right away and he went out to the site and brought my package here. He begged me to please open it so I could see what you had ordered me to be made, and then he was going to take them back and remake me new ones. But they were all fine and I told him so. He really was very relieved that I wasn’t angry.”

Harry sat with a fork in his hand through the whole explanation and asked if the courier was ok. Ginny told him he was ok, just a little shaken up, but fine. Harry asked what caused the accident and Ginny said she didn’t know. Harry said he’d go in and see about it in the morning on his way to work. He started eating and Ron started to say something, but Harry spoke to him before he could get the first word out of his mouth.

“Ron, Hermione, so what did you guys do for your anniversary?” Hermione huffed and turned her head from Ron and said rather stiffly that she spent the day with Ginny while Ron spent the day with Kingsley. And when he was done he brought me flowers and candy. I didn’t get any poem or specialties with them either.” But then she laughed and Harry grinned seeing the horror on Ron’s face. “I will say though that the flowers were dozens of roses; a dozen for every room in the house so that no matter what room I was in I always knew that he loves me. And the candy was mmm so good! It should be against the law for chocolates to taste that good. And I won’t mention the rest of his surprise for me, it’s private.”

Ron’s face turned as red as his hair and choked on the cookie he was eating. Harry looked at Ginny and smiled when she started giggling. He wanted so badly to know why Ron would spend the day with Kingsley when he would have been with Hermione normally. Nothing more was said about it so Harry turned his head to talk to Jack and Sam. “Thank you for bringing Lily home. I hope-”

Sam cut in and said, “We were thrilled to bring her home, and we are thrilled that Ginny said we were welcome to spend the week here. We have wanted to visit for quite some time, and we both had vacation time so we took it to spend it here with you guys. And Lily was a pure joy to have with us, thank you for allowing her to come over.”

“That’s great; I’m looking forward to your visit. Do John and Carson get to stay as well?”

“No, I’m afraid they need to get back; but I want them to stay through tomorrow and leave the day after,” Jack answered. Harry nodded his head seriously but then turned and looked at John; the two smiled boyishly and then Carson spoke. “And as your doctor, I’m ordering you at least a week of rest and relaxation. I know you will go see the lad who wrecked his car bringing Ginny’s gift, but you’ll come right back home.”

Harry again, nodded his head and said, “Alright, Doc. there and back, I promise.”

He snuck a glance at John again and they both arched an eyebrow and grinned devilishly. Harry quickly turned to Sirius and asked if they were staying as well. “I feel like I haven’t seen you guys in ages.”

Sirius smiled easily and said they would love to. Harry was desperately tired and hurting all over but he didn’t want the evening to end even though by now it was very late. He was reaching for more chicken but froze like a statue not even able to breathe when Percy asked him to tell them about the River Styx and will Voldemort be able to come back to the living.
Connie is offline   Reply With Quote