View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 11:05 AM   #52 (permalink)
TeafortheSoul
Formerly: Tegz
Dark Force Defense League

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

SPOILER!!: comments READ ME OK BECAUSE THERE'S SOMETHING COOL IN HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Intriguing chapter, and a well written one! You guys are so good with words.

*is jealous of your skillz*
I'm so glad you're enjoying it! Its so exciting for us because since Ern and I share the writing, we get to read each other's parts and basically never get bored, I love seeing Rose and her thought process and she's such a delicious GRYFFINDOR and so fascinating. And every time I read Ern's stuff it makes me giggle too hehe.

I hope it keeps you interested! Got a Slytherin being a Slytherin coming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
ah...something tells me that this is going to get even more interesting....it also might just be my sinking suspicion and thought that "Weasleys should stay away from other people's personal notes/letters/books/diaries" you know...because of the whole Voldemort trying to steal Ginny's life essence bit.
Diaries are problematic XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
This is why I think they named the story Rose Weasley and the Memory THIEF. I'm sure she didn't mean to clear the space in the first place...but she might get in trouble for it. *can't wait for the next chapter!*

Sorry guys I'm having my Sherlock moment here. Carry on.
The title is DEFINITELY relevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
UGH

UGH

UGH

YOU TWO!! I just can't with you two! You two writing together is so smooth and so amazing. I just wish I had half the talent that you two have.

*agrees with Stefan*

You have MORE THAN HALF THE TALENT! I'd love to see you write something mhmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post
*tiptoes in* I had to read. And I'm so glad I decided to.

Also, I'm with all the musing on the last chapter and the title and all the mystery... Anticipation.
Welcome! Totally glad to have you!

----------

DID YOU GUYS SEE ERN MADE AN AVVIE? Also she is going to make graphics with YOUR favourite quotes on them! So post in here to let us know if you have any in particular you'd like to see! As we go on we hope to make your reading experience even MORE interactive and we hope you guys will join in and have fun with it!

4.3 Scorpius Discovers the Journal
The library was clearing out when he arrived, which was no big surprise to the Slytherin. After all, dinner would be soon and most of the students who had been studying in here or playing Ravenclaw in some other way would want to drop off any books they'd borrowed in their dorms before heading to the Great Hall. Scorpius had, during the walk upstairs from the dungeons, pretty much resigned himself to doing his essay himself. Maybe he could knock it out quickly and keep his weekend relatively homework free. It was the only assignment that would be due at the beginning of the following week, and once it was taken care of, regardless of if he did it himself or not, then Scorpius could get out on the pitch and stretch his legs, maybe organise a mock game or two with his housemates. That was usually fun. They'd done a fair few the previous term and the extra practice hadn't hurt anyone, Slytherin had won the Quidditch Cup after all.

The blond boy was still proud of that. It had been his first year as Captain and playing chaser he'd scored over half of the goals that Slytherin had managed in the entire tournament. Some people were of the opinion that the only position that really mattered was that of Seeker, but every goal counted. Every point mattered. You could win all your games and still lose the tournament if the final tally of the game points didn't put you in the lead. They'd blown all the other house teams out of the water so to speak, which was a marked improvement over the term before last where they'd only managed to win one game and had found themselves in third place overall. He was hoping for another first this year of course, and it mattered so much more being Captain, and having already set a high standard for himself and an expectation from others because of how well Slytherin had done the previous year.

He returned the smile that Madam Pince gave him and made his way past the issues desk, deciding to start with the potions section. His mind wandered even as he scanned the shelves and Scorpius reached out one long fingered hand to stroke the spines of the books on the shelf immediately in front of him. He pulled one about the phases of the moon and flipped to the index, grey eyes scanning the page until he found something of interest. He let out a quiet exhalation of air and tucked the book under his arm, his mind only partly on the book hunt. Within ten minutes, Scorpius had found three books of varying degrees of usefulness. The blond boy decided to wander a little more, knowing he had a little bit longer before he'd have to head back to the dungeons to drop the books in his dorm so that he wouldn't miss dinner and wouldn't have to take the bloody things with him. He'd learned early on that Madam Pince didn't approve of anyone shrinking her books and pocketing them. He smiled to himself as he recalled the moment. He'd had Goyle pocket them, not being completely sure that his charmwork would be lasting, and sure enough whatever counter charm that the Librarian had placed on the tomes caused them to return to their usual size quite suddenly, ripping the hulking Slytherin's pants in the process. Scorpius had found it hilarious and Goyle, stricken, had rushed to the bathroom and locked himself in there for hours. For such an apparent brute, Goyle could be ridiculously sensitive when there wasn't someone around he could bully and take all his frustrations out on. Lucky for Scorpius, he was decidedly not one of those people.

While his thoughts had been wandering, so had the sixth year's feet. He blinked in surprise, not entirely sure how he'd ended up on the other side of the library, in a rarely used section filled with dusty old books, some which literally wheezed when you dared to opened them. It was quiet back here though, Scorpius noted, walking around a small stool that was placed for the use of anyone who wished to take a seat while browsing the shelves. He had taken to carrying his books in one arm, tucked against his chest and now he looked up at the highest shelves. The books in this section weren't in English. He peered at one of the titles. Mermish? Was it Mermish? Stopping in his tracks, Malfoy stepped backwards. And those ones, they were Trollish, he was sure of it. Not that the boy could read either, and not that he currently had any desire to learn, but it told him what section he was in. He guessed the Gobbledegook books would be at the other end of the stretch of shelves. No wonder there wasn't anyone down this way.

His heel hit the base of the shelf behind him with a dull thud, the sound of which was swallowed by the dusty tomes in a manner that made Scorpius think they were hungry for any sort of disturbance. Silly. Books weren't sentient. Even if they were charmed or cursed, it was just magic and that was all. They certainly didn't eat sounds made by careless feet. He glanced down and was surprised to see the base of the shelf had been kicked loose by his heel. After a moment of consideration, he crouched, placing his own selection of books to one side and reaching out for the wooden panel. He was about to set it to rights when a thought crossed his mind. Scorpius frowned and with a pensive expression that was witnessed only by dusty old books written in the languages of magical beasts and beings, he crouched lower, angling his blond head to peer beneath the shelves, not entirely sure what was compelling him to do so. Blinking once, Scorpius wasn't sure if he was surprised to find that the alcove beneath the stacks was occupied, in fact he was immediately suspicious and stood up, dusting himself off. He looked left and right and then, to be sure, walked first to one end of the row and then to the other, but there wasn't a soul to be seen. This wasn't enough of a confirmation for the Slytherin, who withdrew his wand and cast Homenum Revelio without speaking a word.

Thus satisfied, Scorpius strode back to the alcove and knelt once more in front of it. He still did not reach for the hidden book, rather he sat back on his knees and nudged at the adjoining panel. This one didn't move. On further inspection and trial with various spells, Scorpius was forced to the conclusion that none of the other base panels were at all loose, or hid any sort of alcove. This set Scorp to thinking and he absently stroked his pointed chin as he stared at the dark space, his grey eyes serious and thoughtful. He reached a decision. By now students would be filing into the great hall for dinner time and Apollo and the others would be wondering where he was, but the thought of dinner had flown from his head. Were there charms on the alcove? Scorpius assumed there would be, knowing that if he had a special hiding place for whatever that book was, then he'd want to protect it as best as he could. He tried every revealing spell he knew, but there wasn't a single charm or curse protecting the alcove from intruders. Was the owner so arrogant to think that nobody would discover it? Or was it simply such an old hiding place that any magical protections had faded away? Carefully, Scorpius levitated the book out from beneath the shelf with a delicate yet determined flick and swish of his wand, inching the book out by slow degrees and shuffling backwards on his knees so that it didn't touch him. On closer examination the book appeared to be charmed, but nothing out of the ordinary, just your usual charms to stop the pages from yellowing or the ink from running. If there was anything else then Malfoy had no inkling of it, the basic spells he used, while thorough, did not reveal anything harmful.

He could take the book, he reflected, but perhaps it was better to open it now and see what was in it first, to judge if it was something that ought to stay in the library, or perhaps more importantly if he was to take it with him, if he could borrow it legitimately or if he'd need to sneak it out. Scorp's stomach growled but he ignored it, now focused entirely on the rather unassuming book in front of him. It was leather bound of course, and of pretty good quality to his eye. Growing impatient, he grunted quietly and finally nudged the book open, using the tip of his wand to do so and bracing himself for any sort of magical backlash.

Nothing happened.

Scorpius blinked and squinted at the page in front of him, noticing the swooping, handwritten text and then the date in the top right hand corner, carefully marked on each page. Recent. A few years ago. Well that was just odd. He made up his mind not to take the book away with him. It appeared to be some sort of diary. He figured he could read a page or two, see if it was worth his time, and if he felt like it, maybe he'd come back and read some more. Once he figured out if the owner was still at Hogwarts or not he'd decide if it was safe to take it out of the library. That was assuming it wasn't entirely boring and pointless, in which case he'd chuck it out and claim the hidden alcove for himself, albeit with a few protective charms to keep it hidden. Settling himself more comfortably with his back against the adjacent shelf, Scorpius tugged the book into his lap and began to read, starting at the first page.

love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you