View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #375 (permalink)
Lissy Longbottom
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Model: Joe Jonas

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Caleb Alexander Newell

Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends.

THE BASICS
My name is Caleb Alexander Newell
You can call me Caleb. Because CALE is my FATHER thank you very much.
I am seventeen years old.
My parents are Cale Newell and Anna Greingoth-Newell. You can find their names in the Trophy Room quite a few times. Just sayin.
I was born in London, England
My birthday is on March 17, 2070.
Right now, I'm a seventh year.
You can see that I am a male
You could say I run with the snakes.
My wand is 9 1/2 inches, made of Fir Wood, with Demiguise Hair core.
My patronus is a spotted hyena.
My boggart is a Lethifold. I know I'll never face one but they still haunt my dreams >___<
My title is Slytherin Prefect, and don't you forget it!

OWL RESULTS Term 39:
SPOILER!!: Click!
Ancient Runes: P
Arithmancy: O
Astronomy: E
Care of Magical Creatures: A
Charms: E
Defense Against the Dark Arts: E
Divination: O
Herbology: O
History of Magic: O
Muggle Studies: O
Potions: E
Transfiguration: E

APPEARANCE
+Hair: Brown and naturally wavy, but currently cropped short.
+Eyes: Blue. Apparently my sister and I are the first with blue eyes in the family. Weird.
+Build: Average, medium build, I’ll probably be tall and muscular someday though like my grandfather
+Height: 6'0"
+General appearance: Everyone says I look very much like a younger version of my father, but without the super crazy curly hair. My hair IS a little wavy right when I get out of the shower, but other than that I lucked out out in that department. Also I have no intention of growing sideburns (at least not the bushy ones my dad had. Gosh he was so embarrassing). I have blue eyes just like my sister, and I'm really pale compared to my mum and sister, so I blame my Dad and his German heritage for that one.

AN IN-DEPTH LOOK
HISTORY/ABOUT ME
Cale Newell and Anna Greingoth met during the 2065-2066 Hogwarts school year. Cale somehow managed to convince the school (with his good homeschooling grades) that he was prefect material and managed to claim the badge before even attending school, which irritated Anna, his co-prefect, to no end. Eventually they realized that they actually harbored feelings for each other, and despite being at separate schools thanks to Minister Cooper, they became a Hogwarts Power Couple (with one small hitch involving a certain Paul Kutcher character in Cale's sixth year). After Anna graduated, they got married and a little over a year later, Sophie and Caleb arrived.

Hi, I’m Caleb! My father usually refers to me as “Junior” even though I’m not TECHNICALLY a “Junior” because I have a different middle name. My parents are super cool and left pretty big shoes for us to fill around the school, and I fully intend on making them proud and doing the best I can to leave my own legacy. So far I like to think I've been pretty successful!

I have a twin sister named Sophie, and she’s basically my BFF and my partner in crime! Overall, my family is just awesome, although that part is probably obvious just by looking at me. You know my granddad was the MINISTER right? My gran used to teach potions, but unfortunately retired after my first year. We were pretty bummed about that. I also have a huge extended family. There’s my great uncle Ben who is really crazy and likes to make origami swans, and then my aunt Sierra who plays professional Quidditch and is really sassy (I can see why SHE was in Slytherin for sure) and then there’s my Uncle Alex. I think he’s an Uncle. I dunno. Apparently there’s some complicated story there that Mum and Dad aren’t in any rush to explain. Whatever, he’s cool too, and likes to teach me how to read runes whenever he's in town (which isn't often).

I'm super fond of My house, my family, winning house points, reading, Potions, Care of Magical Creatures, Charms, wizards chess, eating, being outside, swimming, CANDY (especially jelly slugs!) eating, animals (especially dogs) comic books, eating, Wizard Rock, Gobstones, and did I mention eating?

But I do not care for Being hungry, History of Magic (history is SO DULL) drawing or anything that involves any shred of artistic ability, tripping and embarrassing myself, scary magical creatures who want to eat me, toads (they’ll give you warts ok!) girls who talk in high pitched voices for no reason, being sick and donuts. I don’t know why I don’t like donuts. I just don’t.

Some of my aspirations include
+Making the top points earner board...again.
+Passing my NEWTs with flying colors
+Becoming a big, bad Auror someday
+Owning a magical creatures shop/a candy store (as a side business obviously)

A few fears sometimes get in the way
+Things that can kill me. Like Lethifolds. And SPIDERS thanks to my sixth year...
+Losing my badge for some stupid reason, like Murdoch took it away because I forgot to tie my shoes or something
+Failing all my NEWTs
+Not getting into the Auror program
+Bees or any insect that stings or bites you
+Disappointing my family

My family is one giant melting pot of awesome and success
+The Father: Cale Markus Newell
+The Mother: Anna Bella Greingoth-Newell
+The Siblings: Sophie Annabella Newell and Levi Ryland Newell
+The Maternal Grandparents: Alexander Salazar Greingoth II and Hecate Lafay Greingoth
+The Paternal Grandparents: Beth Newell and Aaron Johnson
+The Awesome Aunt: Sierra Hope Greingoth
+The Huffie Uncle: Alexander Salazar Greingoth III

+The pets: I have a crup named Baldwin who is basically the greatest crup in all of existence. I used to have a rat named Beans but he has since gone MIA and I like to THINK he's hanging out with the wild rats at Hogwarts...

As a gift for my last year, my parents got me a kitten! The breeder named him Josh so...that's what I'll keep it as, I guess. It seems to suit him...

THE HOGWARTS YEARS
Year One; Term 35
September, 2081 - June, 2082

SPOILER!!: SLYTHERIN?!

Caleb started off his year with a bit of a surprise - he was sorted into Slytherin! Coming from two Gryffindor parents, he was a bit shocked but knew it wasn't too unexpected. As long as he wasn't in Ravenclaw, he was fine (he hates being known as the book lover, despite the fact that he actually really enjoys reading and school). Right from the start, Caleb and Sophie stuck together as the newest Snakes in the Greingoth - Newell clan, and Caleb was Sophie's "ally" as she liked to call him.

Immediately, he jumped right into extracurriculars, since as the Herbology Task Force, but refused to join Quidditch. He didn't want anything to distract him from his studies, and he knew he'd need time to adjust to the new environment and the heavy workload. Caleb got a jump on his studies and was on the points leaderboard for Slytherin the entire term. To his surprise, he found that he struggled quite a bit with Ancient Runes and certain charms, but after quite a bit of practice and extra hard work, he was able to pull his grades up in those classes and passed with flying colors.

To his surprise, many of Caleb's closest friends were Hufflepuffs! He also got to know the Head Girl, Kat Hudson, fairly well, mostly so he could get in good with the prefects and other school leaders. He had a few negative encounters during the year as well - mainly with the visiting Durmstrang and Beauxbaton students. Aside from a nasty toenail growing hex in Divination, he managed to stay out of their line of fire, but he left his first year having absolutely zero desire to get to know any foreign students in the future.

The school year ended on a sad note, however, when Sophie and Caleb's grandmother, Hecate Lafay, announced she was leaving as Potions Mistress. Caleb and Sophie tried to convince her to stay, but were unsuccessful. They're hoping to see her more at family functions and get to know that side of the family a bit better now that she has retired from teaching!

Year Two; Term 36
September, 2082 - June, 2083

SPOILER!!: Old Man Caleb
Caleb's second year, while more interesting, wasn't exactly the highlight of his life. Fairly early in the term, Caleb came down with a terrible aging disease that practically sucked the life out of him! He became old and wrinkled, started growing facial hair, and his hair became gray and thin. His eyesight also got worse and worse, and he couldn't hear the way he used to. Thankfully, at the end of the term, the Healers from St. Mungos arrived with a cure and he was back to his young, normal self again!

That wasn't the only highlight of this second year, of course. Caleb tried out for the Quidditch team and played in two of Slytherin's games as Chaser. He also branched out and became sort-of friends with his mortal enemy, Cutty Mordaunt, and became more outgoing and willing to make a fool of himself for the sake of making new friends. As usual, Caleb and Sophie were teaming up to cause mischief and better their standing on the house points leaderboard, and in an exciting random twist, their father Cale came to teach Apparition at the school too! Finally, the best part of Caleb's second year - even if he didn't get to enjoy him much - was the new crup puppy Baldwin that his father adopted!

Also, Caleb got his first kiss this year when he forced paid Alexa Cambridge compliments at the kissing booth in exchange for a kiss, despite both of them being wrinkly old loons at the time.

Year Three; Term 37
September 2083 - June 2084

SPOILER!!: It's cold. That's it.
All Caleb really remembers from his third year is - COLD. Yup. That's basically it. The castle was taken over by a deep freeze, and not only did Caleb come down with a nasty case of the flu because of this, but his grades suffered horribly as it hurt his cold hands to even try and pick up a quill, much less concentrate in class. Quidditch was also cancelled this term, which was a slight relief for him - he hadn't been planning on trying out anyways and didn't want to disappoint his captain, West Odessa, by not playing.

Eventually the school warmed up again, and even though there was an investigation into what had happened to cause all the cold, Caleb didn't care. He was warm and happy and that was all that mattered to him!

Year Four; Term 38
September 2084 - June 2085

SPOILER!!: Sibling fights and Rumplestiltskin
This year was quite the year for Caleb...and not in a good way. He started out term by causing a rift between his sister and himself by letting his jealousy of Grayson Whitlock get in between them. He was certain the new Slytherin hunk was trying to use his sister, and overcome with the hurt at not being Sophie's BFF anymore, he lashed out at both of them during a friendly outing at the ice cream parlor. After that, they didn't talk much the rest of term, mostly because Caleb was embarrassed by his outburst and unable to face his sister. After a year of awkward glances and avoidance, Caleb and Sophie finally made up before school let out. They realized that their sibling bond couldn't ever be damaged, no matter WHO got in between them, and agreed to stay out of each other's personal lives unless they had reason to be nosy, of course.

To make matters worse, an enchanted fairy tale book was floating around the school, possessing students and making them think they were fairy tale characters. Caleb was at first puzzled when students started acting strange around him...but he himself fell victim to the book and was possessed by Rumplestiltskin. Even though Caleb couldn't remember the time he spent as the Dark One, he walked around talking about dark magic and attempting to make alliances with Aladdin, Little Red Riding Hood, and a number of other people in an attempt to take over the school. Thankfully, the spell wore off before he did any real damage. In an effort to try and figure out what had happened to him, he joined the Book Club in their hunt for the book and nearly fell victim to it - again. Thankfully, the book's purpose was fulfilled and it disappeared at the end of term, and Caleb was left knowing that he didn't really do any damage as Rumple - so really, no harm, no foul, right??
Year Five; Term 39
September 2085 - June 2086

SPOILER!!: OWL year and...Prefect?!

Despite being disappointed that he didn't get the badge a year earlier, Caleb was in for a real surprise that summer - an OWL from his head of house, asking him to take over as prefect! Even though he was over the moon with joy, he couldn't help but wonder - what happened to Ethan Mordaunt? Sure enough, rumors started flying and people were convinced Caleb had killed him so he could have badge. Thankfully towards the end of the term Ethan returned, having been sick with dragon pox. So everything worked out, and Caleb got the badge for good!

Most of Caleb's term was consumed with anxiety after that, however. Prefect patrols, workout regimes with Cutty Mordaunt, and studying for OWLs took it's toll and he missed out on quite a few fun things, including the Cartographers club meetings, because they interfered with his patrols and study schedule. The worst of it all, though, was the tragic death of Gregoire Bastion, one of his housemates. Although Caleb didn't know him very well and wasn't anywhere near the site of the acromantula attack that claimed his life, he still felt like he was to blame and tried to keep the snakes confident in the wake of the tragedy.

That studying really paid off, however, and Caleb passed his OWLs with flying colors - well, almost all of them. He did get a P in Ancient Runes, which upset him at first as he wanted to be the first in his family to get 12 OWLs, but he then reminded himself that Cursebreakers existed for a reason - to do it so Aurors didn't have to.

With that, he felt the weight of one big block of exams lifted from his shoulders, and is ready to take on sixth year with a bang!
Year Six; Term 40
September 2086 - June 2087

SPOILER!!: WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE SPIDERS?!
Now that OWLs were well behind him, Caleb felt like doing...nothing, really. He let his grades slide just a bit this term, still passing all of his classes with good grades, but not like what he'd done in the past. He was also a bit stressed due to the fact that his beloved rat, Beans, disappeared mysteriously (along with some other Hogwarts pets) and ultimately was never tracked down. Always optimistic, Caleb has convinced himself that Beans has found his place in a colony of castle rats, and until he hears otherwise, he will continue to believe that!

Towards the middle of the term, Caleb began to realize something was amiss in the castle when he noticed a number of his classmates sneaking into the girls bathroom - when he went to bust the male who had snuck in with them, he discovered the Chamber of Secrets had been opened and it sounded like people were screaming. However after going to get Healer Murdoch to investigate, the shouting had stopped - and even though he told his Head of House that he must have been mistaken, he was certain something terrible was happening and the Chamber had something to do with it.

He was right, in a way - it was no basilisk, but the school WAS under attack from acromantulas! Rather than fight in the front lines with the Magical Creatures employees who came to assist, he stayed behind to protect his fellow snakes. Although there were a few casualties along the way - including the Headmistress - Caleb and his fellow snakes made it through the ordeal alive, and Caleb will be happy if he never has to hear or see an acromantula (or any spider, really) ever EVER again.

EXTRA! EXTRA!

WOOOOT second generation Newells! This character is obviously the son of Cale Newell, my charrie who was a Gryffindor prefect. He almost immediately began dating his co-prefect, Anna, and after she graduated, they got married and had kids. Imagine how surprised they were when ANOTHER set of twins entered the family! (Well, technically, these twins were created first, and Anna came up with the idea for another set of twins to join the Greingoth's. We sped up their age and did some timeline twisting to make them older, however, so we could play them BEFORE the Newell twins!) Cale made a brief reappearance as Level 6 Department Head in the Ministry, and Anna also reappeared on Level 2, before both of them retired for good. Sophie is also no longer played here on SS but can still be seen in DA and on Twitter!

Speaking of, feel free to follow Caleb's twitter, @CalebNSnake. Charrie accounts only, please.

Template Coding by Ashlie aka Hermione_loves_Ron. Bio picture by me, myself and I.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid