View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #296 (permalink)
iBeJenn

MO
Hinkypunk

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maya Nam
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bianca Holden
Minister's Office
x12 x2

i dream high, i dream

when i’m tired, i close my eyes
{ The Basics }
Name: Melanie Sung
Nicknames: Mel ; Mellie ; Marshmallow ; Melon (nickname from Landon) ; Princess Melon ; Bunny (Elliot called her this)
DoB: April 27th, 2064
PoB: Sussex, New Jersey
Current Residence: London, England
Education: Salem (years 1 ~ 3) ; Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
Year: Seventh
House: Gryffindor
Blood Status: half-blood

imagining that my dream will come true when i get up
{ About Me }
Wand: 11 inches, Birch wood with a unicorn hair core
Amortentia: N/A
Patronus: chinchilla
Boggart: clowns
Dreams of: Becoming a famous singer someday
Best Subject: Charms & Arithmancy
Worst Subject: DADA & Care of Magical Creatures
Likes: Music, singing, dancing, playing with instruments, art, drawing badly, photography, reading, pink, purple, smiling, outdoors, flying, the zoo, her guitar, shopping, ice cream, chocolate, making pastries, making food, shiny things, soda, airplanes, sports, breakfast, hats, rabbits, Mondays, mornings, stuffed animals, teddy bears, hugs, noodles, tall shoes
Dislikes: strawberries, snakes, clowns, fangs, the wind blowing her papers, liars, butterbeer, tripping, scratches, being unprepared, losing things, getting lost, her cousins tricking her, kneazles, dirt, rats, Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Jellybeans, homework, writing, small dark places, being bored, being hungry
Fears: Clowns, snakes, sharks, vampires, animals with very sharp teeth and a taste for human flesh, being a nobody, setting something on fire, hurting other people, the boogeyman
Allergies: strawberries, kneazles, a little bit to pollen
i can fly high, i believe that
{ Appearance }
Height: five feet and five inches tall
Weight: 103 lbs
Skin Color: normal
Hair color: brown
Eye Color: brown
Celebrity Used: Lee Ji-eun (IU)
Melanie can typically be found in her school uniform because she does have classes five days a week. But when it’s a weekend, Melanie does enjoy wearing casual clothing like a t-shirt and jeans or a large sweater. She particularly enjoys wearing clothes that her elder cousin, Elaine, sends her because she looks up to her. Melanie also loves to wear hats and nerdy glasses without lenses thinking they’re cute and fashionable. When it’s hot out, Melanie will not give up the opportunity to wear a skirt or dress though – she thinks they’re fun and absolutely adores dressing up for any occasion.
i can go up in that sky
{ My Family }
Mother - Elizabeth Sung (42)
Father - Kenny Sung (43)
Siblings - None.
Other - Elaine Woo (elder cousin), Gretta Woo (Aunt)
Pets - Munchie, her dog. she doesn't know what type though.

open my wings and i’m going to fly
{ History }
Melanie was born to Elizabeth and Kenny Sung who fell in love by accident. Funny story, apparently they actually didn’t like each other at first but they fell in love in the very end. Melanie loved the story of how her mother and father used to hex each other and tease each other. It was like a perfect romance story that she’d read over and over again if she could. Being an only child, she was spoiled a bit by her parents who loved her very much. Melanie did things that upset things at times but at the very end of the day, they’d all sit down together for a meal and she’d apologize before eating. Both of her parents are very traditional and superstitious for some unknown reason, but Melanie isn’t. Her parents were both from Korea and settled in the United States after their marriage and held onto many customs from Korea. Melanie, being born in America, did not share the same views but loved the folk tales from there as well as the idea of going back there. Since both her parents dislike traveling, Melanie never got a chance to visit her parent’s hometown but after she graduates, she hopes to go there for a visit and meet her parents’ siblings and her numerous cousins.

Melanie looks up to her cousins, particularly her elder cousin Elaine, who is five years her senior and ready to debut musically. Melanie hopes that one day she can be as successful as her New York City cousin. Her cousin Elaine has influenced Melanie a lot and Melanie is often found with her cousin when she isn’t lost looking for the elder female. Other than Elaine, Melanie looks up to her mother and father who have both raised her and loved her unconditionally.

She attended Hogwarts up until the end of her third year. Summer before her third year, she met her new best friend, Landon Hughes, when she got lost in New York. It wasn’t until the winter time that she ran into him again at the ice cream parlor. Melanie considers him to be her best friend due to their similarities though there are numerous things that set the two apart.

However, she has transferred from Salem to Hogwarts because of family matters. Her grandmother and grandfather wish to spend more time with her and with her parents’ consent, she has moved to London to reside with them. She would stay with her parents for the first half of the summer vacation and spend all other holidays with her grandparents. Her parents would fly over for Christmas. Melanie was quite satisfied with this arrangement though she was a bit upset about leaving her friends at Salem.

On the bright side, she now has one extra teddy bear from her friends, Jason & Sabrina, as a reminder that they’ll all still be friends. Plus, she’s embarking on a whole new adventure and Melanie couldn’t wait to see what was in store for her.
more freely than anyone has
{ Personality }
Melanie is very trusting of people and believes that they wouldn’t lie to her. That’s also the reason why it’s very easy to gain her trust but also just as easy to lose it. Once you lose her trust in you, she’ll always wonder if what you’re saying is a lie. Melanie is very sweet and tries to obey her parents’ wishes and do well academically. However, she isn’t exactly the sharpest and can be a bit slow at times but by no means is she stupid. She can be very smart and can study diligently but she believes that one day she’ll be famous and she won’t need any of the things she learns in school which can deter her from what she’s supposed to do.

She also loves joking around and general teasing of others. It’s very easy to make Melanie laugh and when she finds something particularly funny; it can take her a while to stop laughing. She also loves making other people laugh and smile with music and lame jokes. She’s not the best at telling jokes but she loves hearing them from other people. Melanie also ends up cracking up whenever she trips or dances awkwardly. It’s not that she’s a bad dancer, she just doesn’t like it when the spotlight is put on her immediately and she has to dance – she simply doesn’t know what to do any does something random. However, she can sing and she does not mind singing whenever. The girl is also very clumsy and trips over everything and anything which isn’t great since she loves to wear tall shoes; plus, she has a horrible sense of direction.

She is, generally, very comfortable around people though and doesn’t mind striking up a conversation with a stranger. Because she dislikes crying, Melanie tries to be optimistic though there are her off days when she’s just sensitive.

dream high ♥

_______________________.__________________________ ____i'll leave my .l o v e. between the stars...