View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 10:50 PM   #129 (permalink)
druidflower
Gryffindor
Nogtail

Hogwarts RPG Name:
*whistle*
NeeNee Omniscient Omnipotent Pie Maker

Zack Thorne

Name: Zachariah Fraser Thorne (Zack)
Birthday: March 21st
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Dark Blond
Height: 5’5”
Parents names: Alexis Ramsay-Thorne and Gabriel Thorne
Siblings: Dona Thorne (Big Sister, Columnist for Witch Weekly)
Pets: Barred-Owl named Machiavelli (Zack and Mac right? Well he thought it was funny)
Other relatives: Tobi Avalon, Caroline Avalon
Friends: TBD
Home: Technically: Dorset. Practically: The Avalon Inn, Glastonbury, Somerset.
Wand: Blackthorn, 10 1/2 inches, Dragon Heartstring
Patronus: TBD
Amortentia smellsTBD

Favourite stuff
Food:
If it ever grazed, he’ll eat it with gusto.
Ice Cream: of course he eats that.
Candy: Botts Beans and Jelly Slugs
Colours: Red. It’s simple, it’s there, it’s red.
Books: *stares at you*
Subjects at school: Herbology, Charms
Professors: TBD
Hobbies: Being snarky, nicking food from the kitchen, flying, talking his way out of trouble (with mixed results)

History & Personality:
The Thornes have attended Beauxbatons on a ridiculous grudge ever since Zack’s Great-Aunt Evelyn (Thorne) Avalon died. It’s a complicated, ridiculous business that basically amounts to “FINE, YOU go to Hogwarts, WE’LL go to Beauxbatons, because we’re NOT TALKING TO YOU!”

The really stupid thing is that the Thornes HAVE been talking to the Avalons for the last 6 years. Ever since Zack’s father, the last person who had ANY idea what this grudge was about, passed away himself. This leaves Zack wondering why he ever had to attend Beaxbatons. But no more. After… most of his education spent fighting to go to school in his own country, Zack has finally gotten his way. Be careful what you wish for Zack.

Zack often feels like the only sane man in any given room. He spends an awful lot of time resigned to the fact that everyone is CRAZY, so they’re not going to listen to him anyway, thus he might as well go about his business and hope that people are going to continue not to take notice of him.

This rarely goes according to plan. It seems that his mother is only absorbed in her inane Ladies Aid societies until he’s broken his House Record for disciplinary action (which is a bit of a feather in one’s cap at his age.) He’ll never understand how he gets people’s attention only when he’d be happier NOT to get caught sneaking off school grounds...

Zack’s closest parental figure is his sister Dona, even though she spends much of her time traveling or living in London, she at least takes an active interest in his life, which is more than can be said of their mother on most occasions. It was Dona who convinced their mother to allow Zack to attend Hogwarts, and to spend much of his holiday with their Avalon cousins in Somerset.

Zack is a bit of a smart-mouthed idiot. He thinks he’s brilliant, but he’s a teenage boy and thus his self-assessment isn’t entirely accurate. He is a work in progress, and there are some elements to him that require more attention than others; for instance, not saying the large majority of what he thinks, as he thinks it. While its caused him no end of troubles, he still does not yet understand the cause and effect element.

OOC:
About Me:
Hi Guys, I'm Renee, I have been on SS a WHILE (almost 6 RL years!) but I occasionally fall off the face of the planet for a term or two at a time.

I'm 25 years old and a busy busy girl. Right now I've just finished a 2 year community studies diploma at college and I'm going on University in an Advanced Placement Honours Psychology program.

I also dance (Salsa, Bachatta, and West Coast Swing) and I have known to volunteer in my community a bit too.

About Me and Snitchseeker:

I am so excited to be back, I can't even tell you. In the past I've been on staff (for those of you with good memories) and I've been involved with the Ministry as a Division Head (when they existed) but not since its revamp.

I have had TONS of characters in my time, the most active were
Faye Guidry
Tobi Avalon
Caroline Avalon
JD Kade
Georgia Mayes

This term I'm back as a troublemaking Avalon Cousin. I can't stop being an Avalon. I've tried. It doesn't work.