View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 07:40 AM   #108 (permalink)
Angie

DoM
Veela

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nerissa M. Tate
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Brighton H. Brown
Mysteries

x8
Wowza!

Full name: Greer Elizabeth McKensie
Nicknames/Aliases: Guava, Brat, Effie, Pest, Gee, Niagara Falls, Cry Baby, Faucet Eyes, etc. Greer answers to pretty much anything, and won't protest to a nickname, regardless of how awful it might be; she believes nicknames given to you out of some kind of LOVE.
Heritage: Half and Half
POB: Glasgow, Scotland
DOB: March 30, 2061
Grade: Second year
House: GRYFFINDOR!
Wand: Apple, Crup hair as core, 9 inches long, and springy.
Hair: Curly, blonde, and shoulder-length.
Eyes: Large, expressive and of an odd shade of golden brown
Build: Thin and petite, but not particularly fragile looking. Honestly, Greer is rather scrawny.
Height: 5'4"
General appearance: Greer's sun kissed face is heart-shaped and very freckled, thanks to the many long hours that she spends running and playing under the sun. Golden brown eyes are usually open in wide-eyed innocence or wonder, and framed by very thick and very long lashes, that almost look too heavy on her. Her dirty blonde hair is rarely held up in ponytails or pigtails; Greer (to her mother's distaste) prefers to just let it fall on her shoulders, and allow her curls to run wild and do as they please. Sometimes, though, when the curls are tamed, a bow or two can be attached to it as means of decoration.

Without a doubt, Greer is a klutz at heart, which is why this girl will never be found wearing heels or boots or long dresses or anything that could potentially put her life, and the life of innocent bystanders in dancer. This would explain why the skirts she wears are never long, and nor are her dresses. Then again, Greer rarely dresses as such an instead prefers muggle jeans, t-shirts, extremely bright coloured blouses, purple coats, jumpers and large sweaters. Snickers or flat shoes are her usual choice for footwear, but flip-flops and sandals are her best friends during summer time.

Personality: Greer has always been and will most likely ALWAYS be a people's person. She doesn't know you, and she already likes you. A generally easy-going, albeit too hyperactive person, Greer will give friendship a shot even if there are maggots coming out from all the orifices that your body owns. First impressions seem to be important for her, however, so if Greer doesn't like you at first sight, chances are this opinion will never change, and she will no make no secret of this. Not one to own a mouth filter, Greer isn't one to lie - as a matter of fact, she never does. If she has something to say, as blunt as she can be, Greer will say it whether you like it or not. And you better be sure that if she's being too quiet, then she's most likely either mocking or judging you (or BOTH) inside her head.

If she's not trying to either befriend you or loudly judging you for not being friend-material, Greer is just being happy, loud and bouncy. Even when she's complaining about something, the grin on Greer's face remains. It's not that she's not smart - Greer just gets easily distracted, and forgets things easily. Like one of her brothers, she was diagnosed with ADD at a very young age, so of course remaining still for more than one minute is a task almost impossible for her to accomplish. Greer McKensie must be moving and touching things, whether it is moving the cushions and changing their positions, or tugging at your hair because she CAN.

Because she'd be mostly babysat by her brothers and male cousins, Greer is kind of a sports freak. At her muggle elementary school, Greer was in the football and hockey teams, and enjoyed watching and yelling about the rest of the sports that were played at her school. Though she's not exactly competitive, Greer likes to think that she's the QUEEN of FOOTBALL and HOCKEY, and claims to be an expert when it comes to those. And when it comes to other sports she doesn't know about, she's an expert, TOO. Like Quidditch. Her parents, knowing fully well she'd one to try it out, kept her away from it; unfortunately, when she learned to read Greer read about it, and decided she wanted to try it. And in spite of never having seen a match, she is CERTAIN she is a QUIDDITCH EXPERT, and therefore will launch herself into discussions regarding the sporting. Because really, her brothers taught her that when arguing, it isn't about who's right or wrong - it's about who yells the MOST.

Likes: People, sports, her pets, aliens, ribbons, butterflies, dolls, her pets, picture books, music, dancing (badly), singing (horribly), swimming (not so badly), hugs, rainbows, waking up early, morning cartoons while eating cereal and pancakes, cupcakes are cool too, chocolate, vanilla ice cream, chocolate ice cream, ICE CREAM IN GENERAL REALLY, her twin sister Ainsley, her friends (like two only), her muggle school, crying (it's an ART), freckles, running, castles, and mac and cheese.
Dislikes: Morgan the sister, Ian and Colby the brothers, boys in general, the color yellow, exams, doctors, healers, homework, NO ICE CREAM!!11111ONE!!, nap time, bed time, sleeping in general, sitting still, silence, sharks, monkeys, vegetables, orange juice (is it sweet? is it NOT sweet? make up your mind >:[ ), smelly folk, and nosy old people.

Some of my aspirations include
+Getting a wand!
+Learning the meaning of the word loquacious
+Finding out why Morgan became so mean and began to ignore her after she turned 13.

A few fears sometimes get in the way
+Becoming an hormone ridden teenager
+Never learning the meaning of the word loquacious
+ Clowns and Dolphins What??? Greer McKensie is FEARLESS! For the most part.

History: Greer McKensie was born exactly twelve minutes before her twin, Ainsley. Both of them were brought up in a big and loud family. Inseparable, Greer was the leader of the two, though Ainsley in spite of being the "young" one was the tallest one. Greer's childhood was (and still is) a pretty common one, and the only thing that perhaps sets her apart from the other kids at her Muggle elementary school was the fact that she is a witch. In spite of this, and not being kept in the dark about her abilities, her parents just decided to raise her and and her siblings in a muggle environment, with certain magical touches here and there. Apparently, it's something about... well, the truth is that when her parents tried to explain Greer wasn't paying all that much attention, so she doesn't know. She's always been pretty happy, though, even if she DOES wishes that her brothers weren't nearly as protective and clingy as they are. She's eleven, for Merlin's sake! Greer firmly believes that she can take perfect care of herself even if she HAS landed herself in the hospital for a few broken bones or two, and has taken her sister down with her in the process. Fractures. Puh! Those are common anyway.

The Hogwarts acceptance letters arrived to no one's surprise (windows breaking for no particular reason when Greer cried or threw a tantrum were indication enough), and Greer was excited. What she was NOT excited about? Ainsley not going with her. The school counselor, after hearing that the girls would transfer to a Boarding School in Swedeen (that is the story for their muggle friends, etc), said that perhaps Greer and Ainsley needed to spend some time apart, so they could both grow as different people. Mr. and Mrs. McKensie were quick to agree, and decided that it would be best if the girls attended to different schools.

Naturally, Greer threw a tantrum, but soon got over it when her friends Lulu and Janie came looking for her to go and play at the playground. Greer is currently busy figuring out how to tell her friends that she will be absent for nine months without getting lynched and called a traitor, for abandoning them.

Family
+ Mum, dad, brother, other brother, sister, twin
+Charlotte (40), Dad (40), Colby (18), Ian (17), Morgan (14), Ainsley (11)
+Pets: Mr. Gurgle the Turtle, Leonardo the Rabbit, Prince Eric the crup, Lady Josephine the Goldfish, Marissa-Lynette III the snake, Jimmy the Hamster, and Prue the Chihuahua. Unfortunately, her mother is only letting her take Prince Eric to Hogwarts. =(

EXTRA! EXTRA!
Greer had a French nanny for the first years of her life, so she's fluent in that language. Due to the fact that her father writes children books, and her mother is a chef, Greer has always been surrounded by books (she prefers audiobooks and picture books, though) and extraordinarily good food.
Template by Hermione_loves_Ron. : )

Behind the mask

Name: Angie
Profession: Call Center Agent (Costumer Service. Yeah--my job is terrible) and University student.
Favourite Harry Potter Character: Tie between Ron Weasley, Draco Malfoy Luna Lovegood and Cho Chang. Yes, Cho; she is severely misunderstood.
About me: My life pretty much consists on working, studying, wasting time online, watching TV and reading. Sometimes I write.
Snitchseeker background: I've been here for a while, and I don't think I'll be leaving anytime soon. I used to be a Ravenclaw that went for resorting because my current character, Greer, would neverrrr fit the Ravenclaw house--so yes, former 'Claw here. I've also served as Division Head, and Ravenclaw Quidditch Captain at some point or another, and I'm currently a Language Moderator and a Diagon Alley Shopkeeper.

I've met some pretty amazing people here on Snitchseeker that I wouldn't have met otherwise. Needless to say, Angie <3's SS.