View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 08:29 AM   #119 (permalink)
princess of*hp*
Ravenclaw
Hinkypunk

Graduated

Diagon Alley Employee:
Amadeus Alfred Kipling
Owl Post Office Assistant
x7
Lady Lem|DJ Melfoy|Braedeus ♥ Stumble|Bebé Melón|B2|Andee & Melsse|Melephone

SPOILER!!: Current Character: Theodore Dumble, 6th Year
-drumroll-

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Hogwarts Variety Hour! It gives me great pleasure to introduce our second act...

Theodore Dumble
Model: Jesse Eisenberg

THE BASICS:

Date of Birth: 3/21/59
Age/Year: 15 (September ’74 - March 20 ’75) & 16 (March 21 ’75 – June ’75)/Sixth
Place of Birth: Bath, England
Current Residence: Oxford, England
Heritage: Halfblood
House: Ravenclaw
Wand: 10.8 inches, mahogany, unicorn hair (from a male)
Patronus: Unknown
Boggart: Anything furry with too many eyes and/or legs. Make that anything too colorful, as well.

APPEARANCE:

Eyes: Blue
Hair: Dark blonde
Height: 186 centimeters or 6 feet, 1.5 inches
Build: Slim. Call me a walking stick bug, I guess.

PERSONALITY & BACKGROUND:
What’s there to say about me? A lot, I suppose. Everyone has a story to tell. Mine is just more, um, boring? It all started back when the stork delivered me to my parents back in the day and, boy, were they happy campers. My dad filmed the whole thing on his old video camera although to this day, even I’m afraid to watch the footage. I don’t even have the nerve to go search through all of our old crates and home videos in the shed out behind our house; there are spiders and other creepy crawlers there! But I digress.

When I was four, my dad’s job shipped him off to New York. Moving to another country wasn’t a huge issue for me. I only cared whether or not my mom was going to let me play with her old Comet 360, which she rarely did, and if my dad was going to pick me up some candy on his way home from work. My mom was and has been a housewife for as long as I can remember; she was a Hufflepuff when she went to school and never had the most excellent grades. Even though she’s not as witty as dear old dad, I think they’re pretty even on the scale of usefulness. My mom’s magical prowess and my dad’s degree from a muggle university and skills with everything muggle-esque pretty much even them out in my eyes. While my dad went off to work, my mom homeschooled me and did most of the household chores. I was never privy to making anyone’s acquaintance, so my mom was my best friend throughout my years in America.

I moved back to England this summer, my dad’s job relocating my family again. I took it a bit harder this time that I did about ten years ago. Even though I really didn’t have any friends back in New York, I was used to my Americanisms and barely even recalled living across the pond at all. The move was made a bit better because my parents got me my first pet, a cat. They know I’m fond of their cute little noses and whiskers. I’m excited to be able to bring her to Hogwarts. I think she’ll like living with me in Ravenclaw, whatever that’s supposed to mean. I hope no ravens will be around; I don’t need my kitty trying to eat the mascot of a house that I barely got inducted into.

I’ve got a lot to learn and even though I’m technically home again, I feel like the biggest foreigner. Thanks to my mom, I mean, mum, I’m learning to adjust to differences in the language, the weather, and everything that’s different in both the muggle and wizarding worlds. My dad is helping me along with the muggle side of the spectrum, him being a full-blown muggle, and my mum is helping my along with the wizarding part, her being a halfblood, telling me all about Diagon Alley and Hogwarts and everything else there is to know. I’ll admit that I’m nervous about a lot of things, but I can’t help but be somewhat excited about this new, crazy adventure. Let’s hope that I’ll survive the train ride to Hogwarts and adjust to living in a medieval castle sooner than later.[/SIZE][/s]

Family members:
-Mother: Olivia Grace Dumble (née Japlen)
-Father: Henry Ezra Dumble
-Siblings: None
-Maternal Grandparents: Donald Timothy Japlen & Joan Iris Japlen (née Munst)
-Paternal Grandparents: Arnold Eugene Dumble & Millicent Alice Dumble (née Kristoph)
-Pet: Bree (female tabby cat)

Likes: Cats, books, jokes, cooking, springtime, the sea, geology, comics, butterbeer, good hygiene, muggle films (minus the horror flicks), nearly all genres of music, breakfast food (at any time of the day)
Dislikes: Magical creatures (more of an inherent fear than a dislike), uncleanliness, discrimination, glitter, sports, skittles, the unknown, the dark, mayonnaise, spicy food, snobbery, heights
Dreams: To grow old, own a cat farm, learn to crochet, and just to be happy and healthy ‘til the day he dies.

Prefect Theodore Dumble
Model: Jesse Eisenberg

THE BASICS:

Date of Birth: 3/21/59
Age/Year: 16 (September ’75 - March 20 ’76) & 17 (March 21 ’76)/Seventh
Place of Birth: Bath, England
Current Residence: Oxford, England
Heritage: Halfblood
House: Ravenclaw
Wand: 10.8 inches, mahogany, unicorn hair (from a male)
Patronus: Unknown (Although soon to be discovered? )
Boggart: Anything furry with too many eyes and/or legs.

APPEARANCE:

Eyes: Blue
Hair: Dark blonde
Height: 186 centimeters or 6 feet, 1.5 inches
Build: Slim. Call me a walking stick bug, I guess.

PERSONALITY & BACKGROUND:
What’s there to say about me? A lot, I suppose. Everyone has a story to tell. Mine is just more, um, boring? It all started back when the stork delivered me to my parents back in the day and, boy, were they happy campers. My dad filmed the whole thing on his old video camera although to this day, even I’m afraid to watch the footage. I don’t even have the nerve to go search through all of our old crates and home videos in the shed out behind our house; there are spiders and other creepy crawlers there! But I digress.

When I was four, my dad’s job shipped him off to New York. Moving to another country wasn’t a huge issue for me. I only cared whether or not my mom was going to let me play with her old Comet 360, which she rarely did, and if my dad was going to pick me up some candy on his way home from work. My mom was and has been a housewife for as long as I can remember; she was a Hufflepuff when she went to school and never had the most excellent grades. Even though she’s not as witty as dear old dad, I think they’re pretty even on the scale of usefulness. My mom’s magical prowess and my dad’s degree from a muggle university and skills with everything muggle-esque pretty much even them out in my eyes. While my dad went off to work, my mom homeschooled me and did most of the household chores. I was never privy to making anyone’s acquaintance, so my mom was my best friend throughout my years in America.

I moved back to England this summer, my dad’s job relocating my family again. I took it a bit harder this time that I did about ten years ago. Even though I really didn’t have any friends back in New York, I was used to my Americanisms and barely even recalled living across the pond at all. The move was made a bit better because my parents got me my first pet, a cat. They know I’m fond of their cute little noses and whiskers. I’m excited to be able to bring her to Hogwarts. I think she’ll like living with me in Ravenclaw, whatever that’s supposed to mean. I hope no ravens will be around; I don’t need my kitty trying to eat the mascot of a house that I barely got inducted into.

I’ve got a lot to learn and even though I’m technically home again, I feel like the biggest foreigner. Thanks to my mom, I mean, mum, I’m learning to adjust to differences in the language, the weather, and everything that’s different in both the muggle and wizarding worlds. My dad is helping me along with the muggle side of the spectrum, him being a full-blown muggle, and my mum is helping my along with the wizarding part, her being a halfblood, telling me all about Diagon Alley and Hogwarts and everything else there is to know. I’ll admit that I’m nervous about a lot of things, but I can’t help but be somewhat excited about this new, crazy adventure. Let’s hope that I’ll survive the train ride to Hogwarts and adjust to living in a medieval castle sooner than later.

That crossed out spiel above was me at this time last year. Things have definitely changed since then. Some facts about me still remain the same: I'm an England-born boy who moved to America and was homeschooled for years before returning to his homeland because of his muggle father's crazy job. I'm still a halfblood. I still have curly hair. I still have that tabby cat who I eventually named Bree, although she should have been named Brat. I still retain my American accent. Alas, I think the similarities between the then and now stop here. Never before did I think I'd change so quickly, be able to play quidditch and actually enjoy it (to a certain extent, because practice is murder), ace my OWLs, become a prefect, make so many friends, and assimilate so easily.

Am I still an unnervingly anxious who gets the willies every time someone surprises me? Yes. Do I still fiddle with my hands when I'm nervous or have nothing better to do? Yes. Do I still self-deprecate my dorky self on a near-daily basis? Not always. I owe a great debt to Hogwarts and the people I've had the good fortune to meet here. If not for their motivation (and by that I mean badgering and occasional bullying because I didn't know what was best for myself), my first year at an actual institution for magical learning was better than I had wished for. The accrual of some confidence, knowledge, friends, a girlfriend, and stability in general has truly helped set me on the right path. I shudder to think what would have happened had my family never moved from NYC to England.

As for what this year holds, no one can be sure. For me, it's needless to say that whatever may happen, my final year of schooling should be filled with humor, adventure, stress, more responsibility, late-night kitchen runs, and fooling around with my cake cannon. I hope the house elves behind the portrait of fruit can help me with the ammo.

Family members:
-Mother: Olivia Grace Dumble (née Japlen)
-Father: Henry Ezra Dumble
-Siblings: None
-Maternal Grandparents: Donald Timothy Japlen & Joan Iris Japlen (née Munst)
-Paternal Grandparents: Arnold Eugene Dumble & Millicent Alice Dumble (née Kristoph)
-Girlfriend: Alfiana Opal Port
-Pet: Bree (female tabby cat)

Likes: Alfred Port ♥, cats, books, jokes, cooking, springtime, the sea, geology, comics, butterbeer, good hygiene, muggle films (minus the horror flicks), nearly all genres of music, breakfast food (at any time of the day), quidditch (in small amounts)
Dislikes: Magical creatures (more of an inherent fear than a dislike), uncleanliness, discrimination, glitter, sports, skittles, the unknown, the dark, mayonnaise, spicy food, snobbery, heights
Dreams: To grow old, own a cat farm, learn to crochet, and just to be happy and healthy ‘til the day he dies. All with the lovely Alfie by his side, of course, and with his Hogwarts friends over for supper.

ACADEMIA:
Favorite Subject: Arithmancy
Least Favorite Subject: Care of Magical Creatures
Strongest Subject: Muggle Studies
Weakest Subject: Care of Magical Creatuers
OWL scores:
SPOILER!!:
ORDINARY WIZARDING LEVEL RESULTS

Pass Grades
OUTSTANDING (O)
EXCEEDS EXPECTATIONS (E)
ACCEPTABLE (A)