View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 04:15 AM   #352 (permalink)
Anna Banana

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
Second Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Model: Ryan Newman

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

SOPHIE ANNABELLA NEWELL
Another Greingoth. Another Slytherin. This is the next generation.

Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends.

THE BASICS
My name is Sophie Annabella Newell
You can call me Err, Sophie? Because that's my name.
I am thirteen years old.
My parents are Cale Newell and Anna Greingoth-Newell. They've been around this place before. I'm just making my mark now.
I was born in London, England
My birthday is on March 17, 2070.
Right now, I'm a third year.
You can see that I am a female.
You could say I run with the snakes. Mom says go figure--two hardcore, former Gryffindors (she and Dad), also former house prefects, produced two snakes.
My wand is yew; 9.5"; demiguise hair core; slightly yielding
My patronus is ...how am I supposed to know?
My boggart is ...are we really supposed to know these things yet?

APPEARANCE
+Hair: Long and medium brown
+Eyes: Blue. Really? Where did that come from? Every Greingoth has brown eyes...
+Build: Average height and tiny, but like they say--great things come in small packages!
+Height: 5 feet, 2 inches
+General appearance: Sophie pretty much took 50/50 of what each of her parent's appearances had to offer. In some ways, Sophie takes after her mother, who has dark, tan skin and dark hair typical of her Puerto Rican relatives. In other ways, though, Sophie's brown hair and somewhat tanned skin has been toned down thanks to her father's side of the family. She also has blue eyes, which is a trait she seems to share only with her twin brother, Caleb.

AN IN-DEPTH LOOK
HISTORY/ABOUT ME
Cale Newell and Anna Greingoth met during the 2065-2066 Hogwarts school year. Anna was a fourth year and Cale a fifth year. They were both named house prefect and eventually began dating. After Cale's graduation in 2068, the two became engaged, but they didn't get married until shortly after Anna's graduation a year later. Sophie and Caleb, twins, came along a year after that, and the family of two became a family of four. Life simply began to unfold after that, bringing the Newell family of four to where they are today...

My name is Sophie, which, as far as I know, is just a name my parents decided they liked. My middle name is Annabella, though, and that's a combination of my mother's first and middle names. I'm a Newell and a Greingoth, which is important to make clear, because the Greingoths are equally great in my opinion. I mean, my grandfather was the Minister of Magic, right? Right.

I have a twin brother, which isn't as amazing as some people think. I mean, he's great, don't get me wrong, but...people just think it's so amazing to realize that two different people were born on the exact same day at nearly the exact same time. Besides that, twins sort of run in my family. My Greingoth grandfather was a twin, my aunt is...somewhat a twin? Maybe. That's a whole new story there. Then there's Caleb and me. I haven't caught on to the wonderment yet, but hey, who am I to complain when people think I'm great?

Anyway, I'm eleven years old and starting Hogwarts for the first time. Because, you know, that's what wizarding children do when they turn eleven-years-old. I'm not necessarily bursting with excitement, because this is a school, but I do think it'll be cool to do something besides sitting at home and being home-schooled all the time. Oh, and I have a grandmother that teaches Potions at Hogwarts, too. I haven't decided if that's a good thing or a bad thing yet. Aunt Sierra seems to love her, though, so I'm guessing it won't be too bad.

Erm, I'm not really sure what else to say. I don't even like writing, even when I'm writing about writing myself. I really do have better things to do. Bye now!

* See "THE HOGWARTS YEARS" for the latest updates.

I'm super fond of Greatness, winning, being first, and being part of a really powerful family. Other than that, I'm just like any other thirteen year old. I like ice cream, chocolate frogs, school holidays, and Quidditch. I'm actually not trying out for the house team, though, because I really just enjoy playing for fun on my own free time. I think I'm really going to enjoy Care of Magical Creatures, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Flying, Herbology, Potions, and Transfiguration. Not that I'm a bookworm, though. My brother, as it turns out, is my BFF. I realized this in our first year, when it pretty much became clear that we can be around each other without arguing, and we actually seek out one another in a crowd of our peers.
But I do not care for Failure, losing, being last, having homework, waking up early, following a self-proclaimed leader, or coming back to school after a good, long holiday. I do like reading, but only if it's something I'm really interested in. Having said that, I hate reading school books, especially for classes I'm not interested in. What a bore! Oh, that'd be you, Ancient Runes, Arithmancy, Divination, and Muggle Studies! Who needs to know about the Muggles anyway? So says my mother's side of the family. They're purebloods and have never needed to know how to live like a Muggle.

Some of my aspirations include
+Slytherin winning the House Cup
+Creating my own potion that does something really amazing
+Defeating a really large and powerful dark creature (particularly a Nundu)
+Becoming one of those really powerful and badged student leaders. I come from a long line of them, after all. Mom, Dad, Aunt Sierra, and my Greingoth grandparents were all house leaders. It just makes sense, doesn't it?

A few fears sometimes get in the way
+Losing. Nobody likes a loser, no matter what they say. Second place is just first place loser, and that doesn't even count.
+Flunking out of school and having to go to Muggle school. That can't happen, right? We're protected as wizarding kids, aren't we? I could accidentally expose our whole existence!
+The headmistress. My mom says that she once tried to steal my father away from her back when they were students at the school! Then, Aunt Sierra says that she never once did anything wrong to the woman, but she ended up hating her out of association alone! What is that anyway?!
+What if a wand never selects me? Or what if the sorting hat can't find a place for me? What happens then? I'll still be able to learn magic, right?

My family is a mixture of pure power and greatness.
+The Father: Cale Markus Newell
+The Mother: Anna Bella Greingoth-Newell
+The Siblings: Caleb Alexander Newell
+The Maternal Grandparents: Alexander Salazar Greingoth II and Hecate Lafay Greingoth
+The Paternal Grandparents: Beth Newell and Aaron Johnson
+The Awesome Aunts: Sierra Hope Greingoth and Ariadne Cecilia Greingoth
+The...Uncle? I think?: Alexander Salazar Greingoth III

+The pets: In true Greingoth tradition, I have a snowy white owl. Her name is Winter, and I got her at Diagon Alley the summer before my first year. Right before my second year, I adopted an orange kneazle named Nox.

THE HOGWARTS YEARS
Year One; Term 35
September, 2081 - June, 2082

Oh my gosh--I made it! I achieved greatness on the very first day of term! The sorting hat made me a Slytherin! Caleb, too! The note home to Mom and Dad was awesome. Can you imagine two Gryffindors sending their only children off to Hogwarts only to have them become Slytherins?! HA HA HA! Other than that, the school year was pretty basic. Caleb and I decided not to play Quidditch. We thought it'd be a lot more fun to just play on our own. The school held some tournament, which I was too young to be in. BOO! Anyway, our school WON, so that's all that matters, I guess. I don't think I would have liked being in a Quiz Bowl kind of thing anyway.

Year Two; Term 36
September, 2082 - June, 2083

Let's just pretend this term didn't exist, shall we? Ahem. Okay, okay. I'll tell you. Blame Botros. That's right--our Ancient Runes professor decided he wanted to be a pretty boy and get some weird potion made for him that would help him with aging. I guess wrinkles, age spots, and all that other stuff old people tend to get. Anyway, his Healers (the man has PERSONAL HEALERS!) messed up a little (a LOT) and ending up spreading this aging disease around the whole school through Botros' touch. I ended up aging to be about seventy or so years old, and towards the end, I honestly thought I was going to d--... Err, yeah. We won't go there. What's important is that the Healers figured things out and came up with a cure, and I'm back to my normal self again. In other news, I met a really awesome boy this year! His name is Adi, and he even asked me to be his Valentine. We went to the Valentine's Ball together, too. He's really sweet. Oh, and I did end up trying out for Quidditch--Caleb, too! We both played Chaser, and it was pretty cool!

Year Three; Term 37
September, 2083 - June, 2084

TBD

EXTRA! EXTRA!

Yes, this character is yet another Greingoth. I'm so pleased to be able to play a family and build on them as time goes by here on SS. Sophie is the daughter of Cale Newell and Anna Greingoth-Newell. For those of you who weren't around SS in 2007 and a few years afterward, Anna was my very first SS charrie. She was a Gryffindor and ended up being house prefect and Head Girl. She was actually SS's first Head Girl. Cale was played by Lissy Longbottom and was a house prefect, as well. Cale and Anna started dating when Lissy and I played the characters during their school years, and they ended up marrying and having Sophie and Caleb sometime later. So Sophie is a next generation character who hasn't been 'magically aged' just so I can play her. She was actually born eleven years ago IC time, and I'm finally getting a chance to play her! She's also the granddaughter of a couple of other well-known characters, Alexander Greingoth II (the former Minister of Magic) and Hecate Lafay Greingoth (the current Potions Mistress and Slytherin Head of House). Finally, she's the niece of my most current school character, Sierra Greingoth, and also the niece of one of Lissy's most current school characters, Alex Greingoth.

Template Coding by Ashlie aka Hermione_loves_Ron. Bio picture by Anna Banana.