View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 02:12 AM   #17 (permalink)
Anna Banana

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
Second Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Text Cut: laurange
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurange View Post
Brian laughed. This one was blunt, which was actually very refreshing considering that most Hufflepuffs either honestly had nothing mean to say or sugar-coated it to the point of the insult being totally unrecognisable. "Well, if they were trying to prove that Barnabus was Barmy, they've hit the nail on the head." Which was probably the point of the tapestry. Everyone knew Barnabus was actually quite barmy, but this just proved the point beyond belief. Seeing the trolls' indignant expression, he grinned sheepishly at the tapestry's occupants. "You know I still like you guys."

"Ah, sorry,"
he said, scratching the back of his neck nervously. "House stereotypes are pretty much all I have to go on, considering I haven't actually met very many Ravenclaws." Muggleborn and all that, y'know? Sometimes it was cool, learning all this, but more often than not, the whole secrecy thing made him just a little sad. Why would they hide such a huge world from people like his ma? It seemed unfair that she couldn't actually see what he could do, what he was learning. "If I had to pick a word to describe it, it'd probably be 'warm'. It's got a lot of circles in its design and it's all homey and welcoming. We also have bedwarmers hanging on the walls, which is great because this castle is COLD." It also meant that he spent most of his free time under the covers trying to maintain his body heat. Did wizards not have any heating systems? Stone walls didn't insulate a lot of heat at all.

The Hufflepuff's eyebrows furrowed a little in thought. "I know Timmy's in Gryffindor and she's got her twin in Slytherin? And Echo's in Slytherin too, but other than that, I think we're a pretty small batch." It was either that or nobody wanted to show up for classes, but that was unlikely. Besides, he didn't actually know everyone.

Kate laughed at how Brian spoke of the tapestry. "I wonder why they have it here..." she said aloud, not really expecting a reply to that but more or less wondering out loud to herself. "It's not like Barnabus is really important to the school." She looked at the man, foolishly trying to train the trolls to dance. Then because most of the portraits in the school could talk and communicate, Kate figured she better make nice with Barnabus. "Sorry, Barnabus," she said.

Nevermind the silly tapestry, though. "It's okay," she said, responding to what he'd said about being muggleborn and not knowing anything BUT house stereotypes. "It's true that we have a lot of knowledge and logic, but I don't think it defines us. At least, I don't think I'd like to study and do schoolwork ALL the time." She listened to what he said about the Hufflepuff common room. "Sounds nice," she commented.

"Timmy's a twin? That's cool," Kate replied. Maybe the girl had mentioned that, but if she did, Kate didn't remember. "I don't think I've met Echo. I think you're right about us being a small batch." She shrugged. Oh, well. That meant it'd be easier to make friends and get to know everybody. "Well, I should get going. This History of Magic journal isn't going to write itself, unfortunately. It was nice meeting you."