View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 01:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
laurange

DERP & DMLE
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aslan Archer
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rose Woods
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Amrita Sandhu
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Laleh Kiani
x9 x6
½ of Lauralie | Koala | The being in Ern's pocket | Baby Smurf | Prouf member of The Flock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
Kate had walked down this corridor loads of times, but oddly enough, she'd never actually studied the hanging tapestry with all the dancing trolls. This had to be the strangest picture she'd ever seen. The trolls were ugly and then to have them in tutus while dancing was just cruel. They should move this thing to another floor. Despite deciding she hated the tapestry, Kate sat down alongside the wall beside it. She needed to get a start on her History of Magic journals, and this seemed like a good place.

Kate cracked open her journal, stopping at the very first place. With her quill freshly dipped in ink, she began:

Text Cut: Journal Entry #1
I guess it's best to start this off with an entry about my name. Otherwise, if someone picked this up and started reading, how would they know who it belonged to? Of course, that's really only a concern of mine if the person reading this is also the one meant to be grading it. So, here goes! I'm Kate Evangeline Addison. I don't have any nicknames, because you can't exactly shorten Kate much more than it's already shortened. Of course there's Kay, but that's only one letter less than Kate, so what would be the point in having a nickname?

My grandmother on my mom's side is named Katherine, and my mother's middle name is McKayla. This is where my first name came from, because Katherine, McKayla, and Kate all kind of go together. I have no idea where my middle name, Evangeline, came from. I guess my mom and dad just liked the way it went with Kate. Actually, they did tell me once that since Kate was such a short name, they wanted a longer name in the middle, so I guess that's the story.

I have to say I really like my name. I can't imagine being anything but Kate. Also, my last name is pretty cool, because it can also be a pretty first or middle name for someone to have. Well, that's about all I can say about my name! Now that yo know who I am, you also know who this journal belongs to!

OOC: Her name is a tribute to my favorite character on my favorite T.V. show: Kate Austen, played by Evangeline Lilly.
Brian was walking to the Room of Requirement with a large case in his left hand when he tripped over something. Stumbling a little and setting the cello case on the floor, he realised a bit belatedly that there was someone sitting there beside the extremely ugly tapestery and the something he'd tripped over? Yeah, that was a leg. Her leg. Whoops. He was really uncoordinated today, it appeared.

"I'm so sorry," he said, cringing. Wait a minute. She looked familiar, as though he'd seen her in some classes. He was actually fairly certain that she was in his year. Ravenclaw, judging by her tie. Strange. Wasn't the Ravenclaw Common room a good enough place to be writing? Or did ugly trolls in tutus stimulate her brain juices more? Maybe the rumour about all Ravenclaws being mental was true. Mental or not, it was probably really rude of him not to introduce himself. "I'm Brian, by the way. Brian Woods." Hufflepuff seemed like an unnecessary addition, considering his house scarf was wrapped around his neck in an attempt to combat the cold.