View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 11:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
Magical Soul
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6
Dalliesa | Ab-Bot | Hogwarts Trojan War |

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeheeheeny View Post
Pleased to see Botros at the door to greet them, Sophie gave the man a little wave as she entered with a bright smile. "Hi, professor. Hope you're well." She always hoped he was well, too - after the aging disease made him EXTRA old and they all thought he was going to kick the bucket... well... she worried about him a lot, okay? Even more as the years went on. She wanted to have him around for a long, long time.
First student to show up was the best OWL taker one. Botros smiled widely at Brown. "Good morning, dear."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
"Hi, Professor. Good morning. Did you have breakfast? Toast? I bet you're a toast eater. It's warm in here, or maybe I have a fever. If I do, can I please go to the Healer? I don't want to be sick, on account of my having big plans on the weekend." She considered hugging his arm before deciding that, much as she liked the professor, they were NOT best friendly.

"Okay, bye, Professor." She hurried over to take a seat near the Sophie person.
"He--" Oh she wasn't finished talking. Botros smiled and nodded. "I--" Not yet. Okay. "No, dear, you don't have a fever. I'm just a little too cold." He patted her arm as she ran over to her seat. Whew, she was a handful. He almost felt for her parents. And dormmates. That much talking on a daily basis was a bit tiring, he bet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
Well, the classroom looked to be just about as normal as it could be. Good. Kate liked knowing what to expect. Runic Charms. That pretty much just said it all right there. "Hello, Professor. How are you today?" she asked. She didn't stop in the middle of the doorway for an answer, though. She moved on past and took the seat marked 'KATE ADDISON'.

Alright, Runic Charms. Hit me with your best shot.
"Morning, dear. I'm quite good, thanks." He smiled at the Ravenclaw and let her waltz in with the rest of her friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
"Hi, Professor! Hope all's well with you.'' Botros got a grin, Kate and Sophie got a grind while Dot got a bow. "Hiiii, Queen Dot! Your Head Minion is right over there if you need anything.'' Adi happily pointed to his seat before taking off for it.

He was READY for this lesson though it was his worse subject. 'Runic Charms', he observed from the board. Sounded mighty interesting!
"Good morning, Mr. Rehman." Botros gave his Prefect a nice pat on the back as he walked in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
Entering the classroom, Lux smiled at everyone that was present. Seemed that she was quite early because hardly anyone was there. "Hello, Professor. How are you?"

Waving to her classmates she made her way over to her desk. And yes, she had made sure to eat breakfast before coming; that was one requirement that she could never fail to meet because food. Yummy food. She could actually go for some more right now. To take her mind off eating, she busied herself by taking out her notebook and textbook.

Runic Charms? That sounded like it could be interesting.
"Hi, dear. I'm quite good, thanks. Hope you're doing great as well," said with a smile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
It was time for another Ancient Runes lesson. Secretly hoping they would be doing more acting, but very doubtful of that fact, Zhenya entered the class and smiled as she saw Professor Bortos. "Hello Professor, how are you today?" she asked. The classroom was back to normal, and Runic Charms was written on the board. So, obviously no acting. Never mind, she had all of her essential learning tools in her bag, and she was glad to be learning more for her NEWT studies.

She saw some of her friends, and she waved to everyone, before finding her seat and sitting down, pulling out her items to get ready for class.
"Hello dear, I'm great, hope you are as well." He gave the Slytherin a wide smile as she walked in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlytherinSistah View Post
He made sure not to miss his morning dose of Whimaway before coming to Professor Botros's class. Taming that tiger would help to concentrate and gather information, even if it did not kill the beast entirely. His growth had given him quick, long strides and his control made sure his face was plastered with a mask of pleasant serenity.

"Saba el-kheer. Good morning, Professor." He greeted the Runes Master quietly in both tongues as he entered the classroom...which was, to his delight quite warm.
Botros chuckled at the Arabic greeting. "Sabah-u-el-kheer, dear." He gave him a few encouraging pats on the back, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govoni View Post
"Professor Botros, I hope you are well." Nodding slightly towards the older man, cheeks tinged pink as he recalled his latest Runes homework being displayed, Gabe searched out his nametag. It took a moment...but it was found eventually. Taking a seat, he removed his notetaking materials and prepared.
"Mr. Banner." Botros nodded, without dropping his smile. "Hope you're doing good, son." And off he went to his seat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRSCIKA
Time for Ancient Runes again. Ilia wondered what the professor would have in store for them this time. It would be interesting if it was another acting class, but something different would also be fun. "Good Morning Professor." She greeted him with a polite bow and placed an apple upon his desk, then headed to a desk. After enough times with the charms professor she had just started keeping apples in her satchel. Every teacher would just be getting one now. She didn't see Henric yet, so she picked a seat close to Adi. "Good Morning, Adi." She said pleasantly enough, she was trying to be cheery........sort of.......as much as she could. She had been in a funk and was trying to at least be pleasant for her friend. 'Runic Charms.....' This should prove interesting.
"Good morning, dear. Welcome to class." He smiled at her as she walked in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
"Hi Professor Botros," the Hufflepuff greeted his head of house tiredly, forcing a little smile because really, Botros was lovely and deserved for everyone to be happy in his presence, as WELL as deserving to be happy himself. Still, Toby couldn't help but feel guilty again now. Hadn't he totally BETRAYED Botros, by playing up for Flamsteed? He sort of lingered for half a second, looking as though he might say something else, but instead simply moved on so as not to block the doorway, finding his usual seat and getting all set up.
"Hello, Tobias." With his usual smile, Botros put a hand on the boy's shoulder as he closed the door behind him announcing the start of class. He looked at the boy expectantly since he looked like he wanted to say something, but Tobias turned and went for his seat. Huh. Must be mistaken then.

Now!

"Good morning everyone again, and let's dive right into today's class." Botros went to stand in front of the blackboard on the little dais that was made especially for him. "Today we're going to touch on a subject that is a bit more complicated than what we've been doing this term. Runic charms." He gestured at the title behind him. "In Runic Magic you are creating or influencing a pattern of energy. It is the practice of noticing and influencing synchronicity through intention, expectation, and merging." Which was different than the natural magical skills for wizards. "When you practice runic magic, you intentionally thread and weave fields of energy together in an effort to create positive change. You will it to be so, and then you act upon your intention. That's an important tip, and the only thing, I would say, that corresponds with our natural magic.

"Since Odin shared the wisdom of the runes with humankind, runic symbols have been particularly valuable in creating magical charms for various purposes including healing, love, and protection." He paused, allowing them to write all this down, then continued, "Those runic charms are more desired by wizards because they're more stable, work on a much longer period than the magical spells we use. They're harder to counter, and require a series of complicated steps to break.

"Today we're going to learn how to make a runic charms, and the theme will be healing. This charm will help strengthen and quicken the process of healing for anyone who has a physical injury of any kind." Botros beamed at them excitedly and added, "Anyone has any question before we move on?" They were jumping right into practical portion next, so better be aware of what was going on now.
ooc: - Class has officially started!
- Feel free to post your character asking a question or writing notes, we'll start activities from my next post.
- Class will resume after at least 12 hrs.