View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 04:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
ArianaBlack
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

SPOILER!!: *wheezing* no apologies PLEASE she's so entertaining
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post
"I found this amazing rubber duck dressed up as Elvis, actually!" Moxley chuckled and shook her head. Muggles, what would they think of next? "The guy tried to charge me an arm and a leg for it but the Moxinator is an expert haggler, y'know! It makes a lovely addition to the room, don't you think?" Not that Zander could see the thing, at least not without some serious searching given how many treasures lined her shelves.

"Sounds like you were very busy indeed, Mr. Adair! I'm pleased to hear it as summer should be spent with friends and having adventures!" And boy oh boy had Moxley had adventures in her day! Heh!

Watching the blonde thoughtfully, Meredith couldn't help but smile. Kid was over his head now, huh? She found this amusing and let the silence hang in the air, looking at him expectantly so he'd know it was his job to carry the conversation. He was, after all, the one who happened to have brownies for her.

...And okay, making the kiddos uncomfortable did hold a certain special place in her heart.

A rubber duck dressed up as Elvis… Why would anyone want one of those? It sounded absolutely useless, but Zander pretended to look very impressed either way. ‘Cause he couldn’t just pretend to play the part, you know. He actually had to do it. And he was going to try his absolute best. See, what a trooper, right? Merlin, Sophie Brown made this look a lot easier than it actually was. Wait no, it still looked hard when she did it. Man. What was her secret?! Anyways, back to this elvis duck. The Gryffindor just nodded, pretending hardcore. ”Yeah, it looks great!” Of course, he couldn’t even see the duck… Though he was pretending by looking in a corner of her room trying to analyze each little trinket in search of the duck in case she asked some specific question about it or something…. Hopefully he was looking in the correct general area.

Ahem.

Oh Moxley, what a Gryffindor indeed. ”Oh yeah, adventures are greeaat,” smooth, Adair. Smoooth. This whole ‘keeping up the conversation’ thing was just really hard. Did she know? She probably did because it looked like she was struggling to say things as well. Did ya hear that silence? Talk about awkwaaaard. Unless she was keeping silent on purpose. But why the heck would she do that!? Not like she enjoyed uncomfortable situations or anything. ‘Cause that’d be weird.

… Right?

Uh….. Man. This was not going the way he had planned. QUICK, ADAIR THINK. What kind of things did Professors like to talk about!? This one obviously liked muggles, but they sort of already covered that much. They covered favorite foods, basically. Uh. Uh. School work? They had to like that kind of stuff, right? OH. And compliments. Flattery got him EVERYWHERE. ”Oh yeah, I never even got to say thank you for preparing me for my OWLs by the way, Professor!” Not that he needed any preparation for muggle studies, but…. He was on a mission here, okay? ”So uh, you know… Thanks!” Speaking of which, had she seen his score? It was FANTASTIC. If he did say so himself. One of his only good ones, actually.

You are Lemon!