Thread: Practice Room
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 04:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
sarahlooo

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazenhani View Post

If he hadn't been listening to the footsteps outside, if he hadn't been expecting someone, he might not have noticed it. The one set of footfalls that came close and then stopped, disappearing into the white noise of more distant shuffles. From the corner of his eye, he couldn't see anything in or near the door, nothing significant.

Had he not been expectant, and had a decade of expectancy ingrained into him, he would have missed it. As it was, his shield was sloppy, brought up at the last second, when the faintest change in the air alerted him.

The spell knocked against the floor with a pop, leaving him standing straight away from the wall, regarding the doorway with an unreadable expression. He could see it now, the smallest section of the wand that had cast against him. The thought trickled across his mind to send a knockback spell in return, but as it was his wand remained at his side with his disconcerting thoughts.

"Miss Shacklebolt." Really, who else would it be?
Wait for it.... Waaait for it.......

Damn.

With a HUFF, Evie made her presence known (even though it apparently was already known) and walked into the practice room, clearly irked that she wasn't able to disarm him. "I thought I was being quiet enough," she said. Irked, yes, but up to the challenge. Even so, Evie knew she was an amateur up against an Auror, so she wasn't expecting to take him down, but it was exciting to try.

When she walked across the room and stood a few feet in front of Professor Dakets, Evie crossed her arms over her chest, wand still in her hand. "When did you realize this was your life calling? When you were like, 'wow, I'm really good at this, let's fight crime'?" She was just curious to see when he started kicking butt and how much of a chance she stood against him.

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePiersonLouise